Bump...ps
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Brine.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I often use roasting bags. Just pop the chicken breasts in the bag add some spices, place the bag on a baking tray, tie the bag loosely with the ties and cook in the oven. It cooks in it's own juices but you can add a little olive oil if you like. About forty minutes for four chicken breasts or chicken quarters at 180 degrees electric (an hour max) the bag keeps it moist and you don't have any oily pans to wash up afterwards.

There is a product called So Juicy. This gives you the bag and spices, you can get several different flavours and you just add the chicken. Lovely.
  • SnugNuts
    SnugNuts Posts: 15
    Options
    What I do is cook it on a skillet, pretty much sear my chicken breast like a steak, then throw in in the oven for a few minutes, and it seriously gets juicy.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the way my husband cooks the chicken! All dry and burnt!:sick:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sear the chicken breast on the stove for a few minutes each side and then cook it in the oven. If you don't sear it on the stove first to form a coating on the outside, all the juices will run out of the inside.
    That's an old cooking myth. Searing does not seal in anything. If something is dry, it's because it's overcooked, that's it.
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love to cook my chicken in the crock pot. Just put a little seasoning on it and let it cook. I put about 3 bone=in frozen chicken breasts in and cook for about 4 hours. Becomes super tender, then shredd. Hard to get it to the table, I keep picking at it. Yummy
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A normal sized breast takes 35-40 minutes at 350 and that should be fully cooked and still juicy.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I wrap mine in foil before putting them in the oven/toaster oven. You've never tasted a juicier chunk of chicken, and it does a good job of marinating while cooking if you add spices. I've done everything from lemon pepper to cajun blackening spice, and it's always good!
  • Windy32
    Windy32 Posts: 54
    Options
    I have been buying frozen chicken tenderloins. I season it with some mccormick seasoning place it in a foil linned pan,and then broil it on low with it in middle of oven for 15 min flip it broil it on low for another 10 min then turn it on high for 5 mins.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Over cooking.

You could try butterfly cutting it. You'll have to cook it for even less time, but there's no chance of a raw surprise filling.

You can just microwave it and it can turn out succulent. I usually cook it hard and fast and let the resting finish it off.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You are overcooking it, you could also try a brine for the chicken before cooking

this was going to be my exact reply

+1000
  • stacey_cory
    Options
    The key is to cook it in some water or chicken broth - just enough to cover the bottom of the dish. You will have to occasionally replenish it because the meat will soak it up. You'll notice what a difference that makes.
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    Okay instead of cooking it on 330 im going to try to cook it on 265

Leave the cooker temp alone and monitor you Internal Temp.... Food thermometers are your best friend in the kitchen!

Due to lack of fat 265 is going to take longer to cook but will still end up dry... also let meat rest before cutting into it...

I like to cook until 160 wrap in foil... and sit on the counter for about 10-15mins... Carry over heat will get you to 165, the rest retains moisture in the meat before cutting and the foil will catch any lost juices that you can pour over the meat once sliced... enjoy
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Brine.

^^^. This.

There is a sublime brine recipe that Thomas Keller (of the French Laundry) developed that is floating around the internet, but I am too lazy for that. I just do the salt mixed with water and stick in the fridge for about 45 minutes before cooking.

Good luck.
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am bad about over cooking meat add water about 1/2 up your chicken breast right as you are about to put it in the oven.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Overcooking...i like to slice em before i put them in the oven for about 30 minutes then i'll put in the broiler for another 3-4 to give it crisp the outside but the inside stays juicy
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I bake mine on a stone without any seasoning and pull it as soon as the pink is gone....it never comes out dry this way. For a thick breast steak, it takes about 40 minutes at 350 on the stone.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I marinate mine over night and use a George Foreman grill for 4-5 minutes. It is by far the best way to enjoy a tasty, juicy piece of chicken!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you're baking the chicken with just seasonings, place it in a sealed tin foil pouch (on a cookie sheet or something).

Make sure meat is at room temp before cooking. If you place just out of the fridge meat into a hot oven....the outside will cook and the inside will be undercooked.

These two tips, and I've never had dried out chicken since. And I generally only cook skinless chicken, usually boneless breasts.
    I take mine straight out of the fridge and it's always fully cooked. You risk food poisoning leaving it out that long.