Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• Cookie0914
    Cookie0914 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I too want to be one of "those" girls and hopefully this time around I'll become one and continue to be one. Your words really inspired me.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love this post, great story that sounds all too familiar! you look amazing, thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • dman38
    dman38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow great job.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    this actually looks exactly like kristen from mtv's "the hills"

I was thinking the exact same thing, she looks just like Kristin Cavallari. Great job and very inspiring!!
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel like I wrote this post myself, except for the part where the weight started coming off. It is the complete embodiment of what I feel now and how I wish I could feel. I have never been "that girl" and I still cannot see it even though I understand that long term weight loss goals and lifestyle changes are essential.

My GW is 155 as I am 5 ft 7" I realized this long term weight loss plan was essential in January of 2012, since I did I have lost only 13lbs but at least I am not gaining is what I tell myself. Many things went in on my life including graduation, looking for jobs and moving to a new city. I FINALLY signed up for a gym this week and I have been twice, each time for 2+ hours of straight workouts and I hope to continue at this pace. This time, I have nothing to stop me being where I want to be in life. I have the full support of my husband (who is also on MFP) and I am no longer enrolled in university for the first time in my life I do not have school, plus I have still not found employment so that's not stopping me either. I work as a professional photographer by myself which is a good job because it is physically demanding but since I moved to a new city I have to build up my clientele again and it's really not easy.

You did a great job and you looked amazing on your wedding day! (I saw the photo in another topic) keep it up, and know that you are not my motivation as well!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow... I love this post. Just like (basically) every other female here, I completely relate. You've done so well and have gotten such a major compliment from your gym inspiration!

Sadly, thanks to the genes my parents gave me, I got blessed with wide hips :grumble: (kidding, I love my hips actually) and even at 128 lbs and 5'4 tall, I still wore a size 10/12 and an odd inability to have a thigh gap. Knowing that, I understand that (in a sense) I will never be one of "those" girls. But it's just a minor bump in the road that I'm going to overcome. I'll decide when I'm one of "them" by myself! :wink:
  • samurairogers
    Options
    I'm commenting basically to have this in my topics so I can actually see the progress photos when I get home. :) (Work has them blocked)

I can't wait to get to that point! Actually, I can. I want do get there the right way and the healthy way!
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wanna be one of those girls too! I had your same starting stats (now about 152) but dreaming of seeing the 140's, 130's and (gasp!) 120's again. Hard work, determination and TIME. Thanks for the reminder that it is achievable!!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's achievable but a challenge. Losing the weight is half of the battle, maintaining it for the rest of your life is another.

I am still working on that part.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Love the title of this posting too. Good for you. You look awesome.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    love this post! makes me wanna get back on track lol.
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I'm glad your hard work paid off so well for you!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    thanks for writing such a well thought out post...you are an inspiration :)
  • hjeniferw
    hjeniferw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to hear! Congratulations on all the success!
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story - and the exact kind of motivation I need!
    Thanks for reminding me that this isnt a sprint to the finish line -- patience and determination will win in the end.
    Congrats on your success chica!! :happy:
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!

:flowerforyou:
  • KH9107
    KH9107 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the nice comments everyone :)

And several times on here people told me I look like Kristen, I don't see it though lol

lol- you look SOO much like her!!

Great job!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    could'nt resist! :drinker:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OMG you look great - this is how I feel...right now im about the same size you were 165 give or take depending on the day...I too want to be one of those girls. Im so glad you were able to reach your goal, it can be such a struggle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!