when do you workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. I try mornings, but like this AM, got up at 4 for my long run, but thunderstorms kept me indoors, so I biked at my lunch instead. I generally do AM's, a second one at lunch, and a couple times of week do Tai Chi after work for extra stretching and recovery. I'm in bed most nights by 10 and generally up by 4:45 to 5:00
  • eodvarka
    eodvarka Posts: 30
    Options
    Friday nights every week and usually between 4-5 a few times a week.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can! But, Ido it early or mid day depending on my work schedule. I am not a night workout guy. I'm an early bird in general and not at all a night owl. So, if I don't get it in by early afternoon, it ain't happening! Benefit is I'm ussually working out in an uncrowded gym.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    ATM I workout after work. I work at a gym until 1pm most of the time, so I change and I have the gym for myself since the gym is empty from 11:30am thru 4pm.

Before that I would workout either early in the morning or at night.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I work out when I can. I don't really have strong feelings about whether it's morning, afternoon or evening. I have a flexible, but demanding job, and I fit my workouts around that

The advantage of this is that I nearly always get my workouts in, because I've not fetishised a particular slot as 'my workout time'.
  • diadora95
    diadora95 Posts: 9
    Options
    I work out when I feel like it. But if I haven't by 5:30 I do it then. If you do it on your own time, you'll feel better and enjoy it better.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I work out early in the morning before the littles get up!
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning, and I am not a morning person. (grumble, grumble)
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the most time after work on the weekdays: 5:30-6:30 I try to have dinner after my workouts.
    On the weekends: Mornings before breakfast and a little more before bed and shower time.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    weekdays i work out from about 6:40-8ish PM. one downside i see (i think its a downside, but correct me if im wrong) is that by the time i get home and shower, it's like 9:15-9:30...THEN i eat. gym days are usually just a couple chicken breasts and some leaves, but is it ok to eat that close to bed?

sundays i'll usually go for a run in the afternoon.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I live in Florida so to avoid the heat I awake early (5:30AM) so I can get in a workout before work and before the temps rise into the 80s or 90s. As a result I think I am more awake and alert at work.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I used to prefer working out in the morning during the school year, but now that I'm working 9-5 it's more difficult. I have to leave the house at 7:30am so I'd prefer not to wake up at 5 just so I have time to exercise, shower, get ready, etc. I've been eating a snack around 5, then exercising when I get home. I just have to be sure to resist the temptation to lay down for a rest instead of working out.
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like to work out right after I get home from work around 5:30pm. After sitting at a desk all day it feels good to move. I don't have kids waiting on dinner etc, and my hubby usually works out at this time too. It actually curbs my appetite and I don't feel like eating as much afterwards.
  • LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    I have a long drive to work in the mornings and I just can't get my butt out of bed early enough to exercise in the mornings. I typically exercise within an hour of getting home at night. Sometimes before dinner, sometimes after. And, if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll walk on my lunch break in addition to or instead of the evening workout.