People in their 20's wanna help challenge me? :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    @Reignofmogo: not trying to overstep the line here... but just wondering why you eat so few calories?

Low cal diets don't really effect me negatively. I actually feel quite good on them. That, and I have something in a couple weeks that I wanna look good for. So I'm goin hard right now. lol, this isn't permanent by any means. After that I'll probably bump it up to 1000-1200 cals a day.

Right, well you can have side effects without even knowing. Also, losing all your muscle is a good look? :huh: Plus, your metabolism will slow down so have fun with that.
    What's your BMR?

I appreciate the concern, but I've done it before and this just happens to be what works for me. The lower in weight i get the closer to maintanence I'll move. But for now my body naturally sheds fat before lean body mass, my high protein diet and training schedule assure this. Being an endomorph, this is especially true. That metabolism thing isn't a real facter for me. "starvation mode" is highly over thought. The most your metabolism will decrease is like 5%. My bmr was like 2500, give or take. :P

I mean look at me now, 80 pounds down from my heaviest. Does it look like I lost muscle? lol, and I did the exact same thing last time.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    <--- always up for a good challenge! Bring it on man!
  • anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ideally i need to lose 60 pounds but my goal is to lose 40 pounds..... my parents wont let me be skinny... :bigsmile:
    Nehow.... in past 1.5 months i lost 3 lbs.... lol
    I am in to support you my friend.... and motivate myself.... and losing 100 pounds in summers itself..... **HATS OFF** :flowerforyou:
    just keep that spirit up and you will achieve it ..... :happy:
  • Reignofmongo
    Options
    keep em coming guys, thank you! :happy:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    @Reignofmogo: not trying to overstep the line here... but just wondering why you eat so few calories?

Low cal diets don't really effect me negatively. I actually feel quite good on them. That, and I have something in a couple weeks that I wanna look good for. So I'm goin hard right now. lol, this isn't permanent by any means. After that I'll probably bump it up to 1000-1200 cals a day.

Right, well you can have side effects without even knowing. Also, losing all your muscle is a good look? :huh: Plus, your metabolism will slow down so have fun with that.
    What's your BMR?

I appreciate the concern, but I've done it before and this just happens to be what works for me. The lower in weight i get the closer to maintanence I'll move. But for now my body naturally sheds fat before lean body mass, my high protein diet and training schedule assure this. Being an endomorph, this is especially true. That metabolism thing isn't a real facter for me. "starvation mode" is highly over thought. The most your metabolism will decrease is like 5%. My bmr was like 2500, give or take. :P

I mean look at me now, 80 pounds down from my heaviest. Does it look like I lost muscle? lol, and I did the exact same thing last time.

Just run your car on no gas then.
    It's gotta run out sometime.

Dude, I've just done my cert 3 in Fitness including a Nutrition course... this is not healthy please go talk to a dr or a nutritionist.
    Plus, lose too fast and you will get massive amounts of extra skin. Once you start eating again properly, you will gain. PLEASE get help.

*ETA: you've done it before. Would you like to put it all back on then or make it a proper healthy lifestyle change which means you can keep it off?
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    im in! we're around the same age... and just like i saw someone else post, i need to lose ~5 more pounds. i lost 30 lbs in six months or so, then the remaining 10 took FOREVER to come off... try four months. crazy!! these 5 need to go by the end of july, so i'm in! add me :)
  • Reignofmongo
    Options

What's your BMR?

Dude, I've just done my cert 3 in Fitness including a Nutrition course... this is not healthy please go talk to a dr or a nutritionist.
    Plus, lose too fast and you will get massive amounts of extra skin. Once you start eating again properly, you will gain. PLEASE get help.

*ETA: you've done it before. Would you like to put it all back on then or make it a proper healthy lifestyle change which means you can keep it off?

Preach about health all you want, I'm doing this for aesthetic purposes. And I gained a portion due to an uncontrolled bulk as well as being newly 21 the past months. **** happens, ya know? I'm not new to the nutrition scene, I'm not telling people to do what I'm doing, alright. I'm aware this is frowned upon, but it's what works for me. And your comments aren't gonna change my decisions. I lost 100 pounds using my own knowledge. Now, I will draw from that experience and be successful.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

What's your BMR?

Preach about health all you want, I'm doing this for aesthetic purposes. And I gained a portion due to an uncontrolled bulk as well as being newly 21 the past months. **** happens, ya know? I'm not new to the nutrition scene, I'm not telling people to do what I'm doing, alright. I'm aware this is frowned upon, but it's what works for me. And your comments aren't gonna change my decisions. I lost 100 pounds using my own knowledge. Now, I will draw from that experience and be successful.

And are you going to eat 800 calories for the rest of your life?
  • Reignofmongo
    Options

What's your BMR?

I stated this low of a calorie diet is temporary. Going hard til a trip in a couple weeks. then I'll up it. Like i've said, the lower my weight gets, the more I'll raise my calories. I'm aware that the lower in bf you get the more prone to losing muscle you are. That is something I don't intend on doing. So for now, psmf it is.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

What's your BMR?

I stated this low of a calorie diet is temporary. Going hard til a trip in a couple weeks. then I'll up it. Like i've said, the lower my weight gets, the more I'll raise my calories. I'm aware that the lower in bf you get the more prone to losing muscle you are. That is something I don't intend on doing. So for now, psmf it is.

Upping it to 1000-1200, does not make it not low cal. Not low cal would be 1500+ at least.
  • Reignofmongo
    Options

What's your BMR?

Upping it to 1000-1200, does not make it not low cal. Not low cal would be 1500+ at least.

In due time... I personally am a fan of low cal. It's hard for me to take in decent amounts of cals because I tend to eat very clean. If i don't i have a tendency to fall off my diet. I have a problem that way. :/ I love food, so if it's not clean, and tastes good, It's very hard to control my cravings... usually leading to a binge. I'm happy where i am now. :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

What's your BMR?

In due time... I personally am a fan of low cal. It's hard for me to take in decent amounts of cals because I tend to eat very clean. If i don't i have a tendency to fall off my diet. I have a problem that way. :/ I love food, so if it's not clean, and tastes good, It's very hard to control my cravings... usually leading to a binge. I'm happy where i am now. :)

I eat clean as well, whilst eating upwards of 1500 calories a day.
  • Reignofmongo
    Options
    Bump :)