Weight loss vs Inches loss. Which is better?

Options
13»

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You still cannot replace one with the other...so save what you will. You can have more of one and lose more of the other, but they do not REPLACE each other

If you're weight stays the same, but you've lost inches, you've built muscle and lost fat.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You still cannot replace one with the other...so save what you will. You can have more of one and lose more of the other, but they do not REPLACE each other

If you're weight stays the same, but you've lost inches, you've built muscle and lost fat.
    No, you haven't. You're dropping fat and retaining water.

Women especially find it nigh impossible to build muscle on a deficit without the assistance of a needle in their buttcheek.
  • dreamgym
    dreamgym Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    what is 30D?sorry just don't know what is it.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Women especially find it nigh impossible to build muscle on a deficit without the assistance of a needle in their buttcheek.

Thank you :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Well of course you're not going to magically gain muscle in a situation where it's impossible. But that wasn't the question.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Semantics. I lost fat, and in it's place (ie replaced) I gained muscle.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options

Not necessarily true. I was using a 300 cal deficit and in 6 months went from 32% body to roughly 24% again only 5lb weight loss. About 3 months in I switched to maintenance because I was so damn hungry LOL:laugh:
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've only been at this about 5 weeks - only done JMs 30DS for 2 days so far (it's a NO joke workout - especially for a beginner!) - For the past 2 weeks I kicked up my cardio with 3-4 mile walk/jogs and now the 30DS. The scale stopped moving down, but it has not gone up - even in the TOM weeks. But in those 2 weeks I've lost 7.5 inches off my waist and 5 inches off my hips.

Even though the scale says 16 lb down - the inches feel the most rewarding to me because they are the most visible. No one ever believes me when they see me in person how much I really weigh. As some posters have said, no one knows your real weight unless you tell them, but they definitely notice the inches - you also notice the inches in your clothing.

Also, I can feel and see some thigh and ab muscles, SEE the arm muscles and back muscles developing. That's showing me my effort is working, unlike the scale.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so very,very much. I guess I should prepare myself for Jillian. I would like to be in a size 8/9 by November, so maybe this way will get me there.