Why do you exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me happy and I am not tired when I work out. Because I like it. Because I want to lean out and gain more muscle. Because its good for me. Because its fun. Because I love lifting weights and running and my body is getting slimmer and more sleek and lean. Because I love the looks I get at the gym when I toss around the heavy weights.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I exercise because it is good for my heart, it boosts my mood, and it accelerates weight loss efforts. Plus it gives me a firmer, leaner look.
    and I love cycling
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be saying this: I LOVE exercising!!

I love pushing myself to new levels. It's exhilarating to increase incline/level/time on a machine or when the weights aren't taxing and it's time to move up another 5lbs.

Watching my body change, I am still overweight but I look toned not flabby.

The endorphine rush!

Sweating... yes I said it! I used to hate sweat and now I look forward to it!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't think of it as exercising. I think of it as play time. Much easier to be motivated when it's something fun rather than a chore. Do it because it's fun and you'll never have a hard time doing it.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    to keep from going mentally crazy. LOL it really is the only way for me to keep anxiety away.
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't think of it as exercising. I think of it as play time. Much easier to be motivated when it's something fun rather than a chore. Do it because it's fun and you'll never have a hard time doing it.

I'd love to get to this point.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It relieves stress, gets me out of my office for an hour or so, makes me feel good, makes me look good....
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I exercise to lose fat, gain muscle, gain energy, my overall health and it makes me happy!
    Im always more energetic and happy on the days I get in more exercise in the morning.

^^^ Well said

I also find that exercise, specifically running, is a great way of testing/pushing my own limits. Not many years ago I could barely run around the block, this past May I ran my third half-marathon, something the old me would have thought impossible. I don't expect a call from the Olympic committee any time soon (unless they want a middle aged water boy) but the sense of joy at smashing old barriers is indescribable.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    exercise is the cure-all! helps me sleep, reduces stress, keeps me strong and fit, keeps me in shape for sports, keeps me outta trouble!, increases my confidence and makes me work toward my long term and short term goals. what's not to love!?

but also... to eat! MFP has me at 1330 calories to lose 1.5 lbs a week. i can't remember the last time i ate less than 1600 calories in a day. i'm a hungry girl!
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For my mental health- it makes me feel great and definitely alleviates depression.

To get fit and challenge myself.

I love it.