Constipation

Options
124»

Replies

• phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Exercise helps more than any food, for me. Good luck!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    After years of dealing with constipation, I was finally diagnosed with Celiac Disease. So you may want to make sure there isn't a bigger issue at hand.

With that said.... the best thing in the world is a magnesium supplement. Most of the time being constipated means that you are deficient in magnesium. Because my Celiac Disease had caused a lot of damage to my intestinal tract, I was not absorbing nutrients like I should have been. Now that I am healing and have been strictly gluten free for the last three months, I don't have an issue with constipation like I used to.... but when I was first healing I took magnesium for the first month and it helped me a lot!

Good luck!
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Good old, fruit and lots water xx
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    bump ;)
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I noticed you've been eating Cheese! I used to have this all the time, when I started eating healthier and more fiber, even when I didn't get enough water it was much better. Then a few weeks ago, I started eating cheese (baby mini bel's) everyday and it literally stopped everything. I was so miserable for about 2 weeks, changed everything else and couldn't figure out why nothing was working. FINALLY, it dawned on me that I was eating this cheese everyday, looked it up, and it can be a source of problems if you suffer from this issue. There is nothing in it that helps move through your digestive system. I cut the cheese (pun intended) and was back to normal in a couple of days.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My trainer just turned me on to the most INCREDIBLE product for this. Psyillium Husks. But the natural kind. Not Metamucil.

I got mine at Trader Joe's in the vitamin aisle and it causes no cramps, but just pushes everything along. It's like Drano for the gut. I have used it 3 times and I'm regular for the first time that I can remember.