Your favorite beachbody workout?

Options
Crly30
Crly30 Posts: 11 Member
I am looking to order a beachbody workout in the next couple weeks. I have been doing mostly Jillian Michaels since Jan '12 and I am so burned out with her. I do still enjoy her kickbox fastfix though. I also do Zumba which I love! I am 5'4 and about 183 now. So what is your favorite beachbody program? I love things that are fun but still kick your booty. lol

Replies

• sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well if you like kickboxing and Zumba, Turbo Fire might be a good mix for you. I think it's a lot of fun but it still can kick your butt lol
  • Crly30
    Options
    I do like the looks of that one but not sure if it would be to fast for me to keep up. I know though with anything it takes time to learn everything.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have turbo jam and love it

http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow

Theres some beach body workouts up there
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Insanity!!!!!
  • Crly30
    Options
    I am just not sure I am fit enough to do insanity. lol It kinds scares me! lol
  • Crly30
    Options
    I do think starting out with TurboJam would be better than ordering TurboFire and I just cant keep up.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of insanity at the beginning of my journey and 180lbs!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I started with TurboJam. It's not too dancey, which was good for me. Chalene Johnson, the instructor, is very upbeat and encouraging. TJ is beginner to intermediate level. I did that for a long time before I decided I wanted something new and more challenging. Having done TJ made the transition to TurboFire pretty easy. TF is much more advanced and a lot of fun. I *love* it.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I am in the same exact boat!! Just finishing Ripped in 30 and joining a July challenge where I can get a beachbody workout for only $40. My question though is I am looking for one that will get me cut, and I see most of their stuff is cardio based. I agree I don't think I am ready for Insanity yet either, or P90x. What I LOVED about Jillian is quick results and only 30 mins a day!!
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Chalean extreme
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think Chalean Extreme is a great option for you. Its weight training and some cardio and is broken down into three phases.

Here is information from the site:
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/chalean-extreme-workout

Slim in 6 is another effective program that doesn't get as much attention as the others but many people love it. Great for beginners.
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/slim-in-6-workout

Les Mills Pump is fantastic (all weight training and only 3 days per week!) Its more expensive though because you need weights (I do wish they'd offer it without the weights):
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/les-mills-pump-workout

Turbo Fire does have a new option to buy that comes with the breakdown of the moves to prepare you, I don't think I'd like that but many do! (see the Get Fired Up and Fire Starter Classes DVD)
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/turbofire-workout

They also have Body Gospel, Rev Abs, Hip Hop Abs-Beachbody has so many other programs, literally something for everyone.

Hope this helps!
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    In order of preference:

1. ChaLEAN Extreme
    2. Insanity
    3. P90X

Please note that all three on my list are really close, so ChaLEAN is #1, but not by much.....and Insanity is #2 over P90X, but not by much either.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started with Chalean Extreme and I was pretty out of shape. Luckily I had a great beachbody coach who helped me choose. I will be done with CLX in about 2 weeks and have had great results. I am going to start TurboFire after that. Message me if I can be of any help or if you have any questions.

Tara
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    les mills PUMP is the best!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I have TurboJam and LOVE IT!!! I just dont have the room to do it right now in my living room but, I will get back to it once I can. I LOVE it!! Plan is to get back into that and then go to Turbo Fire...
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hip Hop Abs. It is high energy, easy on the knees, and fun.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I love Turbofire. I had done TurboKick classes at the gym before and loved them, so I was already a bit familiar with it. I also really like Chalene as an instructor - she's very upbeat without being annoyingly chipper.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    In order:
    1. Turbo Fire
    2. P90X
    3. Insanity
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    I do think starting out with TurboJam would be better than ordering TurboFire and I just cant keep up.

I did TurboJam first and I got bored with it so easily! I am heavier than you and I am doing P90X right now and I want to do Turbo Fire next. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just go for it!! TURBO FIRE - Chalene is amazing.