Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Too many calories can get in the way of weight loss.

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Really sad to see some of the comments on this thread, to make jokes about things regarding weight loss really isnt fair, especially as one or two people are actually asking your advice
    This is a parody thread. There have been several "X" FOOD CAN GET IN THE WAY OIF WEIGHT LOSS threads lately, this is parodying them, and lampooning all the ridiculous diet myths at the same time. Sense of humor required.
    OMG why r u peopel so meen?! People cum here for help and al you can do is make fun at they're ecspence!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    You're pregnant.

Wait, wrong thread.

I know already! :smile:
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    That does not apply to breakfast though because you are jump starting your metabolism.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Really sad to see some of the comments on this thread, to make jokes about things regarding weight loss really isnt fair, especially as one or two people are actually asking your advice
    This is a parody thread. There have been several "X" FOOD CAN GET IN THE WAY OIF WEIGHT LOSS threads lately, this is parodying them, and lampooning all the ridiculous diet myths at the same time. Sense of humor required.
    OMG why r u peopel so meen?! People cum here for help and al you can do is make fun at they're ecspence!
    GRAMMAR PLEASE, CONJUGATE THE VERB!
  • ironanimal
    GRAMMAR PLEASE, CONJUGATE THE VERB!
    I'll conjugate your verb :wink:

There, thread complete. MFP in a nutshell.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member

Having a sense of humor is frowned upon in this forum. Don't you know that already?

35qi69.jpg
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    yeah too much of anything is bad for you.

not sex or oxygen.
    unless you go deep than you need Helium
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Wow the trifecta of MFP burns all in one thread...grammar nazi, what to eat, what not to eat, and pick on the people asking what to eat not to eat.....NICE

BTW I believe weight loss only works if you ask a leprechaun to dance around you three times while chanting "ye can't have me lucky charms"
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    You win the most obvious statment of the year award.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    While I agree with the principle of that statement, it is pretty general and not really helpful. Numbers are specific and would tell the tale better. When overweight or obese people need to lose weight - a temporary state of affairs IF they focus and keep discipline and slight deprivation for the period of time to get the excess off - they need to cut calories AND carbs and stay within a narrow range for their height. Once the excess is off, they can begin to slowly, slowly and consciously, consciously add back a few calories and carbs every week until they are at their maintenance level.

-Debra
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    i'm confused because i'm eating 900 cals a day but i lift heavy but i lost weight?? i'm trying to put on muscle so why am i loosing... maybe i should stop eating carbs after 5pm??? this is so confusing

don't lift, you'll get bulky! Even despite, ya know, a calorie deficit.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Poor people... :wink:

No folks you are not retaining water... you are retaining food.

Bahhhahhhhaaa:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    While I agree with the principle of that statement, it is pretty general and not really helpful. Numbers are specific and would tell the tale better. When overweight or obese people need to lose weight - a temporary state of affairs IF they focus and keep discipline and slight deprivation for the period of time to get the excess off - they need to cut calories AND carbs and stay within a narrow range for their height. Once the excess is off, they can begin to slowly, slowly and consciously, consciously add back a few calories and carbs every week until they are at their maintenance level.

-Debra
    Another myth! Thank you for your contribution.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    This is all so complicated. So do I eat my exercise calories back or not?

I think its much safer not to eat them all back to give allowance for some margin of errors because we always tend to overestimate our workouts while underestimating our calorie intake.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    But only if you eat them after 7pm.......that's right isn't it?
    Don't ever eat after 7pm. I saw Grimlins. It didn't turn out so well.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    But only if you eat them after 7pm.......that's right isn't it?

If you eat after 7 PM your muscles will fall off. But that's okay, because girls should not have muscles.

I looked at a 2lb dumbell today...so I am so going to have them by tomorrow :tongue:

OMG, you will be sooooo bulky!!

Never ever look at weights directly (jeez though everyone knew this) or your fat will turn to muscle instantl and you will get bulky. Use a mirror and only look at their reflection.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Maybe...

I'm skeptical.

Ooh, but I can lose fat without losing weight! ha HA! What now?!

Wait.

You mean that there's a difference between fat loss and weight loss.

Shut up...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    My problem is I have TOO much muscle (like, seriously I could be a bodybuilder, totally) but it's all hidden under this pesky layer of fat that just makes me LOOK fatter than I am. What trick is there to get rid of that? 'Cause there's a trick, right? 'Cause it's not fair that you all won't tell me the trick. No fair keeping secrets.

Clean up your diet & make sure you're eating at a moderate calorie deficit
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Maybe...

I'm skeptical.

Ooh, but I can lose fat without losing weight! ha HA! What now?!

Wait.

You mean that there's a difference between fat loss and weight loss.

Shut up...

Saying shut up is not nice...the Kindergardeners of MFP will report you!