Responding to my post "I slipped really bad today"

Options
Hello MFP,

Earlier today, I posted this thread below. Please read this before you respond to this post!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/643789-i-slipped-really-bad-today

Okay, you read it and now I would like to respond!

Thanks so much for your thoughts, support and opinions, even if they were wanted or NOT wanted. I wanted to respond because I wanted to make sure that I defend myself with my pizza dilemma. First, HECK YES I ordered 3 large pizzas because it was a better deal on delivery. No, I couldn't go pick it up myself because I don't have a car!!! I felt horrible for ordering it because it was just too many slices of pizza. I wanted the delivery driver to take it back, but I would have gotten my money back until 5 or 7 business days. I do have friends to give it to, but they don't want it because they are trying to lose weight themselves. My husband don't mind eating it though. And, if I did have a car and was only able to just order one slice of pizza, I would have!!

Some people on here love to just kick you while you are down. We are all here to support one another. And all of us are here for the same reason...to lose weight. And while some of you may have lost 50 lbs or more, you all are just ONE PIZZA away from gaining all of that weight back that you lost. So, don't judge me for getting 3 large pizzas. I admit, I was truly having a weird craving but the way you all carried on about how pizza is the devil...it was craziness to me!! I am on a weight loss journey and I realized that I made a horrible mistake. And, I shared it because I needed to not feel as bad as some of you all were making me feel.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

Replies

• alicepoppyh
    Options
    I read some of that, and found a lot of the responses really judgemental and really missing your point! I hate to see that, and I hope it didn't get to you too much. Find a great group of supportive friends on here and stay away from the forums. For all the lovely people there are plenty of b******s who just love preaching at others.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I didn't read ur other post, didn't feel like reading a bunch of craby remarks. But who cares if u ate a pizza. I eat alot of junk food I'm not gonna let it ruin my focus yesterday I ate 7, YUP 7 chocolate chip brownies. And if anyone says that's bad they are just jealous they don't have a brownie. Hahahahah
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'll echo what the first responder said: DyanCB wrote this:
    OK, I will take a stab at this. This is probably a slippery slope - pizza vs no pizza vs. 4 slices of the pizza...

Good for you for deciding against the pizza by the time it arrived at your door. Unfortunately, as you already know, the time it takes for that money to appear back on your card is a relatively small deal.

One time eating the pizza will not kill you, get right back on the right track with your next meal. I believe in moderation and nothing is off limits. However, the portion size is a challenge for me - 4 slices is definitely a lot. Think about how you arrived at deciding against the pizza then eating 4 slices of it. This will help you understand how you are approaching food overall, as well as probably other issues.

I simply do not like to waste food, even pizza! I have done the same - I freeze the pizza, 2 slices per serving size, for my next craving. Invariably the pizza sits in the freezer for a while before I go after it again - and with a different attitude.

There is no point in beating yourself up. The opportunity here is learning something about yourself, your choices, and your habits. Then, getting to the next step and making choices good for you at the next chance.

That is very good advice. As for any hurtful things others may write - the best thing to do is take the good, motivational responses and let them help you cope with the occasional mistake we all make. The rest are just noise - if it doesn't help you, tune it out.

You're right - this is a place for support. There will always be those who go off, but you don't have to let their noise clutter your thinking. Best of luck, and remember that every one of us is here for the same reason. Who knows - maybe the ones who respond with anger or nastiness are actually just afraid of the same thing happening to them.

:flowerforyou:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    It happens, just get back on track. no big deal
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I hope you cut the pizza up and froze it in individual servings. That way the next time you have a craving, you'll be ready. Those 3 for one deals can really draw you in, that's why marketers use them. Sorry if you got pounced on in the previous post, I didn't read all the comments.

Good luck on your weight loss. 4 slices of pizza won't totally derail you. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going from here.:happy:
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused on the "ordering 3 pizzas because it was better for delivery" part of it when you didn't have a large group of people at the house to feed but in general you really didn't mess up too badly.

Your decision was a little wonky but you didn't actually eat all three of the pizzas and ultimately that is what really matters here. Hopefully you logged it and portioned out the rest like recommended and now just move on.

Good luck!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I read most of the responses to your first post. they were a mixed bunch! My first thought when I read about your situation was, "you ate ONLY 4 pieces!" Granted, that's more than you wish you'd eaten, but if I'd been in a mood like what you must have been in, and had all that sitting in front of me, even if I'd had second thoughts, I very likely would have eaten more!

So, you slipped, realized it, and are committed to getting back on track. Can't be undone, can only be learned from, or used as an excuse to quit. You are making the best of it. That's a good thing.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I hope you cut the pizza up and froze it in individual servings. That way the next time you have a craving, you'll be ready. Those 3 for one deals can really draw you in, that's why marketers use them. Sorry if you got pounced on in the previous post, I didn't read all the comments.

Good luck on your weight loss. 4 slices of pizza won't totally derail you. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going from here.:happy:

Exactly!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I would just take the good suggestions. Like one poster suggested "freezing it in two slice portions for when you crave it again" for example and ignore anything that is not helpful.

I used to eat 3 kingsized mars bars one after the other so you are not alone in having cravings the fact that you didn't eat all the pizzas shows you are getting it under control.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just read your first post, and I didn't see all the "negative"comments and the "kicking you when you were down" I saw a ton of encouraging comments telling you... chin up we all make mistakes.. log it and go on. I saw alot of "i also eat pizza, don't beat yourself up"

I don't think it's fair to the people who responded to your previous post get blasted for "kicking you when you were down" when they really weren't.

Please excuse me when I say if you don't want to know what people have to say, don't post a topic.
  • beth0672
    beth0672 Posts: 37
    Options
    I read some of the other post earlier and I had to stop because some people were just really missing the whole point!! Don't let all the negative people get to you! We are all going to over-indulge from time to time. I did it myself today. I went to Applebees with a friend..even had a plan on what I was going to eat so I would still be ok! Got there and I watched my plan fly out the window! I ended up eating over 700 calories. I felt awful! So I understand where you're coming from. I came home and tore up the treadmill for an hour and then got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed my tile just a bit ago. I now have enough calories to eat dinner lol Don't sweat it. It's done it's over, don't beat yourself up and carry on!

PS I LOVE Hungry Howies pizza! It will find it's way into my house on occasion, I can guarantee it! :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I hope you cut the pizza up and froze it in individual servings. That way the next time you have a craving, you'll be ready.

Excellent ! idea do this
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You learned something from this right? In my opinion thats all that matters. 4 pieces of pizza isn't even a big deal, pick yourself back up and as long as your don't forget the learning from this, your golden
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    girl don't trip over eating pizza every now and then.. this is a work in progress. eating 4 slices of pizza is way better than eating 3 whole pizzas

also as long as you ENJOYED The pizza and the taste then be glad about that cus that would suck if you ate 4 slices of crappy pizza :laugh:
    like the others said, just get back on track the rest of today and tomorrow
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Invite the neighbors over and have a party. Tell'em to bring the light beer.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I really didn't see many negative posts on the first thread... in fact, most people were helpful...
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I can post whatever topic I want to post on here...it was a few ppl on there being negative! Thanks!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I just read your first post, and I didn't see all the "negative"comments and the "kicking you when you were down" I saw a ton of encouraging comments telling you... chin up we all make mistakes.. log it and go on. I saw alot of "i also eat pizza, don't beat yourself up"

I don't think it's fair to the people who responded to your previous post get blasted for "kicking you when you were down" when they really weren't.

Please excuse me when I say if you don't want to know what people have to say, don't post a topic.
    That doesn't give people a right to judge her. I read the same comments, and some were not nice. She is looking for motivation, not to be told how bad she was doing. She knew what the problem was, and looking for help to bring her back up. She isn't blasting anyone. And to respond to "if you don't want to know what people have to say, don't post a topic." If you don't agree with what literally everyone else read, don't comment either. This is a two way street.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    This thread is just going to be more of the same :noway:

Now you're just looking for drama.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Pizza freezes well!
    So you can always save the left over.
    Best if reheated in the oven, but you can do it in the microwave too!
This discussion has been closed.