Responding to my post "I slipped really bad today"

Options

Replies

• robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and junk some times I just make up by working out before i eat the pizza or junk. I am not going to deny allowing myself a little junk cause me personally if I totally take it away I will cave and pig out on junk..so I don't mind it once in a while.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    e9nBI.jpg
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is getting interesting.

At first these two threads made me really hungry for pizza.

Now I'm craving popcorn.

--Prahasaurus

GET IT! But only if you share...I just finished dinner and now I'm sitting at home watching my husband play FIFA on the Playstation...I'm just more amused at this point.

Looks who's starting drama...smh lol

no drama...just amusement. I'm not getting upset, offended, defensive etc. Bottom line is, I (along with many other people) gave you good advice. You can't expect to post a reaction without others commenting. If you ignored people's good advice, that's on you. You will always always always get some sort of advice that you don't like no matter what the situation, that's just life. Take the advice that's constructive, dust yourself off, and move on with your life. Sorry your pizza fiasco ruined your day. Mathematically speaking, it set you back maybe 1200 calories (less than half a pound) and that's only if you're eating your daily expenditure every day and never working out, which i'm going to assume is false. Really not a big deal.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Look, if YOU can't say anything encouraging, then you don't need to read this thread. How dare you come on my thread and when I am looking for support and tell me I am being catty. You are the catty one!!!

This is a public forum, expect answers, people and opinions you wont agree with.
    As for the pizza, as I saw and many other people say its not a big deal, log or dont (i dont log my mishaps) and move on tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things it wont change a thing, you may retain water weight but should go back to normal in a day or too.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, I'm one of those that said something about friends coming over. Here is my reply to your first post:

Ok, so you ate 4 pieces of pizza, just log it and move on, dont dwell on it, that will make you feel worse and then you'll end up eating even more, try to remember the next time how it made you feel to eat them. Is there a reason you were craving it so badly? Try to look back on the past couple of days and see if something happened to stress you out bad enough to want it. as for the rest of the pizza, invite some friends over and have a pizza party, theres no reason to let it go to waste but there is also no reason to keep it around as a temptation, or do like others said and wrap them individually and freeze them, but just eat one piece at a time, wait for a little bit and see if you are truly still hungry, if you are, try to eat some good choices along with it, like a big salad. You dont have to deprive yourself of the things you like, just try to have them in moderation, food is not the enemy, we are, it will take time to learn to battle against binging and cravings, but it will happen.
    Seriously, I did read over both threads, and most of you gave encouraging words and I thank you for that. But ppl were calling me catty, sensitive and that I was a drama starter...all that was not cool.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    it doesn't seem to me that you actually read the majority of the responses.

Most told you to not worry about it, just log it and move on.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    The only reason I still look at the forums page is to give people support. I don't like it when MFPers bash and look down on others. We are all in certain phases of a long struggle, and no matter where we are at in it, there is no cause for anyone to do that. Some people just need an ego push, or feel like they have to justify for completely cutting everything not healthy out of their diet. Someone even freaked out about eating 3 Doritos. Not 3 bags, but 3 CHIPS. I'm sorry, but in my own personal opinion, 3 single chips is not going to make you gain back anything... I never deprive myself food. Anyone can eat anything in moderation (unless a food allergy is involved, then the statement wouldn't apply :tongue: ).
    I wish you all the best in your journey! And don't worry about the 4 slices. I've done that several times... I just realize what happened, find ways to fix that next time I eat pizza (eat a salad, fruit, veggies, etc with only 2 slices or something along those lines) or whatever the food may be, and move on with a new day. Good luck and don't let others get to you too much! :flowerforyou:
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it doesn't seem to me that you actually read the majority of the responses.

Most told you to not worry about it, just log it and move on.

Wow yes I did...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I did read over both threads, and most of you gave encouraging words and I thank you for that. But ppl were calling me catty, sensitive and that I was a drama starter...all that was not cool.

why start another thread about your other thread when your other thread is still going?
  • prettyprpro
    Options
    Because I wanted to respond...
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    Hello MFP,

Earlier today, I posted this thread below. Please read this before you respond to this post!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/643789-i-slipped-really-bad-today

Okay, you read it and now I would like to respond!

Thanks so much for your thoughts, support and opinions, even if they were wanted or NOT wanted. I wanted to respond because I wanted to make sure that I defend myself with my pizza dilemma. First, HECK YES I ordered 3 large pizzas because it was a better deal on delivery. No, I couldn't go pick it up myself because I don't have a car!!! I felt horrible for ordering it because it was just too many slices of pizza. I wanted the delivery driver to take it back, but I would have gotten my money back until 5 or 7 business days. I do have friends to give it to, but they don't want it because they are trying to lose weight themselves. My husband don't mind eating it though. And, if I did have a car and was only able to just order one slice of pizza, I would have!!

Some people on here love to just kick you while you are down. We are all here to support one another. And all of us are here for the same reason...to lose weight. And while some of you may have lost 50 lbs or more, you all are just ONE PIZZA away from gaining all of that weight back that you lost. So, don't judge me for getting 3 large pizzas. I admit, I was truly having a weird craving but the way you all carried on about how pizza is the devil...it was craziness to me!! I am on a weight loss journey and I realized that I made a horrible mistake. And, I shared it because I needed to not feel as bad as some of you all were making me feel.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

hey its only one day... it takes 3000 calories to gain 1lb... dont get discouraged it happens all the time.. being healthy doesnt happen over night neither does being unhealthy, just get back on track tomorow
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    beat-a-dead-horse.jpg
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

so respond IN THE THREAD....

imagine that...
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    oh honey I have SO been there, actually the Mr. and I have started buying frozen pizza (I love Aldi's veggie pizza!) because we are perfectly satisfied with a few slices each of that significantly smaller pizza but when we break down and order dominoes we waaaay over eat (and wash it down with several beers & finish up with chocolate lava cakes)

as others have suggested: split them up and freeze them in individual serving sizes and you'll be good to go next time.

as for the responses on the other post: most weren't bad but there were a few snarky judgemental ones on there that definitely distracted from the good ones. ignore the holier than thou's and the grumps, and focus on the good stuff!

and if you're not in a total food coma you can always take a nice long walk to help burn off some of those calories, you'll probably feel a lot better!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

uh...why couldnt you respond in your original thread?
  • prettyprpro
    Options
    Okay...you all are truly messing with me today... lol.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You guys are jerks. It is called My Fitness PAL not My Fitness I'mgoingtolookdownonyouandtellyouhowyoushouldrespondwhenIsaysomethingyoudonotappreciatebcmyegotellsmeto.

Why can't you just be positive? She didn't punch your kid, she didn't make you lose your job. Be supportive or go away. I am tired of seeing bullies on this site. Holy Jesus Christ Bananas.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Okay...you all are truly messing with me today... lol.

Not at all, darlin. We just have been around interwebz forums for a minute. We know when things are worth following.
  • prettyprpro
    Options
    You guys are jerks. It is called My Fitness PAL not My Fitness I'mgoingtolookdownonyouandtellyouhowyoushouldrespondwhenIsaysomethingyoudonotappreciatebcmyegotellsmeto.

Why can't you just be positive? She didn't punch your kid, she didn't make you lose your job. Be supportive or go away. I am tired of seeing bullies on this site. Holy Jesus Christ Bananas.

THANK U SO MUCH!!!
This discussion has been closed.