WEDDINGS!

Replies

• I just got married in May and lost 20 pounds and 4 inches before my wedding. It took me a year to make the transformation, note that my inches moved in more than my weight dropped. My body fat dropped 5% from the time I started, so I put on a fair bit of muscle during the year.

Life gets really crazy close to the wedding, lots of parties and running around. If you get your routine set you can mitigate some of the damage.

I've just gotten back into my routine and look forward to dropping another 3% body fat by the end of the year.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Just missed a wedding because I felt so bad (don't worry it wasn't a big thing that i wasn't there) but hopefully the next one i will be feeling good about myself : )
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    I have 3 wedding comin up! bridesmaid on 7th july for my brother, bridesmaid on 21 sept for my friend and on 23 sept for my other brother! total nightmare, lots of exercise coming my way!! any new friends welcome!
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    My wedding is 2 months from today, 61 days...I wanted to lose about 50 lbs by it and I'm at 42.5 so I'm pretty much on track. Started in March. If I can drop another 10lbs by my fitting in a month I'll be really happy but even if I don't, at this point I'm close enough to goal where it doesn't make a huge difference. I'm working on toning my arms and shoulders/back now, strapless dress!

My ticker doesn't reflect my total weight loss which is 97 lbs, just what I've lost since joining MFP in March.

Congrats on everyone's weight losses and weddings coming up!
  • Under_Construction13
    Under_Construction13 Posts: 60 Member
    My Wedding is set for 4/6/13 and I need to lose about 35 lbs, and have lost nothing yet lol...
    I have a couple of months, my deadline is by the end of this year. ( i need to fit in my dress completly for alterations.)
  • I'm getting married in June 2013. I have about 20lb left to go. I need my wobbly arms to make themselves scarce by then too!

we're wedding buddies! :happy:

ME TOO :):D
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    I am walking my daughter down the aisle on September 8th. I want to lose at least 10 pounds before then but would love to lose more. The dress she picked for me is strapless and form fitting so I want to do her proud.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    My only wish was that I cared about my weight BEFORE my own wedding...so I have a love/hate relationship with those pictures. :/
    Im not in any upcoming weddings, but I had that thought when I read the OP.
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    I'm MOH for one in October D: I'm hoping to at least lose 30 pounds by then, it's not my complete weight loss goal but in the little time frame I have left I think it's doable...It's scary!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 150 Member
    I'm in a wedding on August 17, 2012 and then I have my wedding August 24, 2013. I wanted to be at 170 by the wedding this summer but am stuck at 180... will try to get down as close to that as possible by August 17th but with summer and a new puppy, it's a lot harder to do. Then for my wedding i want to get down to 155-160!!

I'm 27 and am 5'10!! I'm terrified to try on dresses because i'm scared they won't look good... Just need to get under 180 and hopefully that'll give me the boost I need.

Add me if you want to have a wedding support group :)
  • skeck
    skeck Posts: 46
    I'm standing in a wedding on Sept 15th. I would really like to lose 2" around my waist, or 10ish pounds by then. I'm not sure which is more realistic! I'm hypothyroid... so it's a slow process for me to lose.
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    My son is getting married the end of October, I would like to lose about 35 pounds by then, we shall see. I don't want to look the way I looked in my daughters wedding pictures from 2 1/2 years ago, I was the very large woman in a sparkly dress, no repeats please! ha!
  • SWiel84
    SWiel84 Posts: 43
    yes, my cousin's in august... she's a size 0 so standing next to her ALWAYS makes me feel gross, but i love her and she never holds my size against me or makes me feel weird about it. I'd like to look great in her pictures since i know that's the one thing she's really all about. i have a lot to go, and a lot of arm toning to do!!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    I'm already married but I'm actually trying to lose enough weight to fit into my wedding dress again by our 8th anniversary in November. I want to do a trash the dress photo session with my hubby if I can fit in the dress! So I feel like i'm trying to lose weight for a wedding all over again lol

Congrats to everyone getting ready to tie the knot!!

What is "trash the dress"? I'm not familiar with this concept. :)

Trash the Dress is a really fun style of photoshoot that couples often do on their anniversary. Basically it means you wear your wedding dress in an informal environment for a fun (and sometimes messy) photo shoot (assuming you aren't going to pass your dress along or sell it). If you do an google image search there are lots of really cool pics.

Here's a couple examples

http://gwendolyntundermann.com/blog/2010/02/07/kacis-cumberland-island-trash-the-dress-session-jacksonville-wedding-photography/

http://rivieramayaweddingphotographer.com/blog/?p=103

i like this idea. I had a similar one...

I told my boyfriend that when we get married, he can ride in on his 4 wheeler if we can jump into a mud pit ( still wearing wedding dress/ his dress up clothes because god knows hes not wearing a tux) at the reception. :)
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    I'm getting married in June 2013. I have about 20lb left to go. I need my wobbly arms to make themselves scarce by then too!

Me three. :) lost about 25 pounds before I got engaged and now trying to fish my goal. Started at 176, now at 150 and hope to be around 140/135 as a final goal weight (regardless of wedding).
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    I'm getting married October next year. When my fiancé proposed on Christmas Eve 2011, I was a UK size 22 (US 20) and 258lb.
    I began eating healthier and joined a gym in March this year. Three months later I have lost 25lb and dropped two dress sizes, I am now a UK size 18 (US 16). I do not have a size in mind that I am aiming for, but my goal weight is 175lb, which is a healthy weight for my height - I am 5'10 - in time for our wedding next year. I am not changing my lifestyle purely for my wedding day - although it is a big motivator - I am also motivated by being healthier and a good role model for my eight month old daughter as she grows.
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    MY WEDDING IS IN DECEMBER! Yikes! Need to lose at least 60 more lbs!

Me too! I'm getting married December 21, and my goal is to lose 60 lbs by then.

*Edit*
    I should also add that I have it planned out into smaller goals:
    August 1st: -15lbs
    September 1st: -25lbs
    October 1st: -40lbs
    November 1st: -50lbs
    December 1st: - 60lbs

Any extra weight lost between December 1st and the wedding is a nice bonus.
  • thewestwifey
    thewestwifey Posts: 50 Member
    I'm a June 2013 bride to be too! :)
  • thewestwifey
    thewestwifey Posts: 50 Member
    I'm getting married in June 2013. I have about 20lb left to go. I need my wobbly arms to make themselves scarce by then too!

Me three. :) lost about 25 pounds before I got engaged and now trying to fish my goal. Started at 176, now at 150 and hope to be around 140/135 as a final goal weight (regardless of wedding).

I'm a June Bride too for 2013!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    My wedding is in October 2013, but I am trying to drop as much as possible for when I go dress shopping this November. Ultimately I'd like to be down around 130 for my wedding. I'm 173 right now.

Any brides-to-be want a fitness buddy, feel free to add me :)