Personal trainer here to say hi and help you

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Stormpanther
    Options
    Hi Brian, any tips on how I can run faster?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,986 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for being willing to give free advice. I'm mostly posting so I can find this thread again if I need it. Right now I have lost 20 pounds since Dec and am at my goal weight, working to lose a little more so I won't have to be too concerned about what I eat on vacation, etc. I have been running 3 days a week and can run a little over 30 minutes now without stopping. Do you have any advice for this 52 year old woman on how to improve my 5K time? Last race a couple of weeks ago was 33:15 min. I have another coming up on Aug 18 and would love to beat that time.
  • brianj1988
    brianj1988 Posts: 48
    Options
    I love all the friend requests I'm getting! I'll answer all your questions as soon as possible!!! Don't be shy to send me a request and ask anything on your mind. =)
  • kemmy45
    kemmy45 Posts: 59
    Options
    Great to have you with us!!!!:glasses:
  • britjosh0108
    Options
    I need help! I am a freshman in college going into my sophomore year and I started college at about 135 lbs and now I'm up to almost 150 lbs (about 5ft 9). I'm freaking out. I live with my boyfriend who has no problem eating whatever he wants so it's really hard for me to avoid eating what he does. I go to school year round and right now I am taking over full time classes so I don't have a lot of time to work out and I sit most of the day. Not only do i not have time to work out but I told have a lot of time to cook. I'm signed up to run a half marathon in September, I've ran one before, but I didn't know my schedule would be so crazy so my training is not at all where it should be plus this weight I put on makes it harder for me to push myself when I do find the time to workout. I don't know what to do, I've tried keeping track of what I'm eating and waking up early to work out, I just can't keep with it. I really need some encouragement and assistance please! :(
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Hi
    I have a few quick questions for you, I am trying to lose a lot of weight at the moment but finding exercising difficult as even though I am only 30 I have arthritis in both hips (right is worse) knees, shoulders and wrists so although I can exercise for a time it is diffiuclt when I have a real flair up of pain - what activities would you suggest for me to try? I am in the UK by the way. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Hi, I presume at your age it's rheumatoid arthritis you have? Thus not a condition that affects only joints and in fact affects all structures containing collagen in your body, which is essentially almost everything? If so it's not just a case of avoiding weight bearing activities surely? Are you not under a physio?
  • naturaldiva67
    Options
    Hi Brian! nice to meet you as well. I'm fairly new to this site. I need help trying to figure out the calories burned , I don't have an HRM so until i get one how do i figure this out??...i'm 5'5 and weigh 185lbs...thanks in advance.:smile:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! It's great that you're willing to help others! :)
  • brianj1988
    brianj1988 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks again for the welcomes. Send me friend request and a message if you have any questions!!!