Personal trainer here to say hi and help you

Options

Replies

• brianj1988
    brianj1988 Posts: 48
    Options
    My name is Brian Jacobs and I'm a personal trainer with a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Rowan. I'm not new to this site, but I'm new to the forums and never really gave them a chance. I've used this site and the ap on my iPhone to keep track of my meals, being that I take my diet very seriously. I'm currently 5'9'' 168.5 lbs. @ 7% body fat.

Enough about me. I'm here to help any of you if you need it. I enjoy assisting people in their journey to happiness. Fitness is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm here to help end America's health crisis one person at a time. It's my job.

Nice meeting you all.

curious about your diet brian. seems a bit on the low side. I understand if that's what you have to do to get the results you want. I am asking if you're doing something funky with your diet, or is that what you have to do to get the results you want?

Right now, until the beginning of July, I'm on a four-day low-carb cycle, which is why my calories per day are so low. I've been doing this for 9 days (before I was on a less extreme low carb diet). I will start bulking up again in July. Before I started this routine, I was 183 lbs. at 14% body fat and now I'm 168.5 at 7%. Diet is so important, but being active every single day is what makes it all work.
  • ennddiiaassaassnnaacce
    Options
    Thanks for being here! I might have some questions.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm.... so many questions, so little time! :laugh:

Thank you for offering your help... I'll see what I can come up with!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Welcome - nice to have the help of a professional, there are only a few on here.
  • brianj1988
    Options
    Thanks for being here! I might have some questions.

And I'll have the answers =)
  • brianj1988
    Options
    My name is Brian Jacobs and I'm a personal trainer with a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Rowan. I'm not new to this site, but I'm new to the forums and never really gave them a chance. I've used this site and the ap on my iPhone to keep track of my meals, being that I take my diet very seriously. I'm currently 5'9'' 168.5 lbs. @ 7% body fat.

Enough about me. I'm here to help any of you if you need it. I enjoy assisting people in their journey to happiness. Fitness is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm here to help end America's health crisis one person at a time. It's my job.

Nice meeting you all.

curious about your diet brian. seems a bit on the low side. I understand if that's what you have to do to get the results you want. I am asking if you're doing something funky with your diet, or is that what you have to do to get the results you want?

Right now, until the beginning of July, I'm on a four-day low-carb cycle, which is why my calories per day are so low. I've been doing this for 9 days (before I was on a less extreme low carb diet). I will start bulking up again in July. Before I started this routine, I was 183 lbs. at 14% body fat and now I'm 168.5 at 7%. Diet is so important, but being active every single day is what makes it all work.

Sounds like a modified version of CKD... the other days are high carbs right?

Exactly. 3 days low carbs, 1 day high carbs. It's brutal, but it works.
  • brianj1988
    Options
    Welcome - nice to have the help of a professional, there are only a few on here.

Thank you. Here to help you whenever.
  • brianj1988
    Options
    hmmmmm.... so many questions, so little time! :laugh:

Thank you for offering your help... I'll see what I can come up with!

Haha you just let me know when you come up with something!
  • LairaJayne
    LairaJayne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awesome! welcome!
  • brianj1988
    Options
    Thanks again, people.
  • cb2500
    cb2500 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi
    I have a few quick questions for you, I am trying to lose a lot of weight at the moment but finding exercising difficult as even though I am only 30 I have arthritis in both hips (right is worse) knees, shoulders and wrists so although I can exercise for a time it is diffiuclt when I have a real flair up of pain - what activities would you suggest for me to try? I am in the UK by the way. Thanks ever so much for your help.

I'm currently training someone with arthritis and she has lost 30 lbs. in a month! Be active. Train your muscles with high repetitions and low weight until your joints can handle heavier weight. Try to push yourself past your mental limit without hitting your physical limit. The more muscle, the faster your metabolism. We all want a good metabolism.. =)

Thanks very much for that, thats really useful information, about the metabolism too :)
  • brianj1988
    Options
    Hi
    I have a few quick questions for you, I am trying to lose a lot of weight at the moment but finding exercising difficult as even though I am only 30 I have arthritis in both hips (right is worse) knees, shoulders and wrists so although I can exercise for a time it is diffiuclt when I have a real flair up of pain - what activities would you suggest for me to try? I am in the UK by the way. Thanks ever so much for your help.

I'm currently training someone with arthritis and she has lost 30 lbs. in a month! Be active. Train your muscles with high repetitions and low weight until your joints can handle heavier weight. Try to push yourself past your mental limit without hitting your physical limit. The more muscle, the faster your metabolism. We all want a good metabolism.. =)

Thanks very much for that, thats really useful information, about the metabolism too :)

You are very welcome.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    good lord, i think my left knee cap alone has 7% body fat :laugh:

anywho, welcome
  • spotuk
    spotuk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome =))
  • brianj1988
    Options
    good lord, i think my left knee cap alone has 7% body fat :laugh:

anywho, welcome

HAHA you can get there. Takes time and sacrifice, but anyone is capable of it.
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    Hello, i started my journey at the beginning of may i have a long way to go, started at 252.2lbs and im now 240.8 :) its nice to see someone that wants to give advice. Are you accepting friends?
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian nice to meet you, I am sure we all have questions since your an expert lol. I know I have a few. That is awesome that you are willing to give some advise. I know for me weight has always been a challenge, and would love a few ideas and advice. I once weighted 350lbs and I am at 185lbs and still pushing. If your accepting buddies add me :)

Nadia
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for any input. I have never had an exercise routine until about 4 mos. ago. I would love any insight you have to give.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi!! ...and THANK YOU!! I think it is awesome you're putting yourself out there to help, that is very sweet and kind!!

I'm extremely heavy and have a long ways to go!!

I started with an 8kg KBell this week to add some strength and also trying to do that 200 sit up challenge/push up challenge someone linked to me on another post.

For cardio I might do the bike or Zumba....

I feel great and sore in a lot of the right places especially my thighs ouch! lol I don't feel it in my biceps or triceps though any suggesting to make those puppies burn?