I've gained 34lbs since starting here, and am PROUD OF IT.

Options

Replies

• cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your return to health, and thank God the issue was finally diagnosed before it did end up costing you your life.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's too easy to forget those struggling to put on weight on here but your journey is just as difficult so well done!
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on recovering and feeling better!! My grandmother just found out she has this!!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love your attitude, and your message is so inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • yodapooper
    yodapooper Posts: 62
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So glad that finally you know what's wrong and have managed to gain some weight. I can't imagine how scared you must have been.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your journey back from a nightmare. I'm so glad you were able to figure out the problem and achieve your goals!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I went through a similar issue with my 16 year old son. He started complaining about stomach issues and he was losing weight on a daily basis. At 16 is was already closing in on 6 feet. He was missing school, just wanting to sleep and had no energy. Thinking it might be teenage depression, we took him to see his doctor just to rule out anything physical.

The result of this first step was "he was underweight and anemic" but other than that he was healthy. That year was tough and I felt like a bad mom forcing him to school but it had to be done because the doctor said he was fine. VERY long year.

Finally, he had such pain he couldn't stand it. We brought him to the hospital thinking it was his appendix but he was immediately diagnosed with Crohn's disease. That night, he weighed in at 115 lbs and 6ft tall. I just wish I would have researched the anemia at the time, because that was a red flag that his first doctor should have caught. We let it get so bad that he was in and out of the hospital for the next 12 months. Ultimately having to have surgery to remove 13 inches of his intestines and colon.

Fast forward 3 years and I'm happy to report that he is now up to 145 lbs and eating and getting very strong with his non stop drumming.

The moral for me is if it doesn't feel right don't stop until it does
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow this is AMAZING. Period. Our bodies are a gift, and we cannot afford to mistreat them!

I'm glad you stayed strong, resilient and figured it out where others might have crumbled.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success in getting your life back. As the vast majority of the population here in MFP are geared towards weight loss & almost every success story that I've seen are all weight loss related, its very refreshing to see your story. Refreshing yet so inspiring. I love your attitude & I know that you will have a bright future ahead of you :smile:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Congrats on working back up!. Paragraphs are your friend though :)

keep up the good work.

I took a quick peek at your profile & seeing as you are a grammatical wunderkind, I was amazed to find five glaring grammar issues on your introduction!

TO THE OP, KUDOS, YOU ROCK. Well done for struggling through & finding out what works for you!

Russ

Lol, asking for paragraphs isn't being a grammar nazi, it is simply asking for readability.

And congratulations! I'm so glad your health is improving! =D

Funny I read it just fine. Without issue. Is support without being critical of anything to much to ask from this site? You support, but yet have to find something to be critical about. Support her and then leave, cheese and rice, it's not that freaking hard to do. NO ONE like to be corrected especially those of us who consider ourselves adults. These are the people that drives me nuts. I freaking feel like I need to go back to English class to relearn everything so I don't hurt someone's eye's by typing something wrong, and I SHOULDN'T have to feel like that.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    So very happy you are back on track to good health. :happy:
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! You look amazing and I'm glad you figured out what was wrong. :D
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    congratulations any weight change can be a challenge. Society tells us what we should look like and weigh. When there is a medical reason for it it can be even more of a challenge. I absolutely understand the frustration that comes from having to explain why you look the way you do or weigh what you do. When you are too skinny its because you are anorexic when you are too fat its because you eat all the time. so congratulations on your journey keep up the good work.
  • FitnessSista
    FitnessSista Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I cried when I read ur story. As to those who comment about ur grammar, screw them! I do not like to be negative, but I hate pompous azz people! I don't give a fruitcake what anyone says about how I structure my sentences, and neither should u! Continue on ur path to success and better health! I am encouraged by your words, run on sentences, incorrect spelling, incorrect para structure and all! For it is the message that made it to my heart. Continual blessings.
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We are all striving to achieve the same thing, achieving the same goals... albeit to gain or lose, and that is to become fit and healthy. So happy that you have attained your goal. Congratulations on your success!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow am so happy you are doing better, thanks for sharing your story.
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a story! You are an amazing inspiration to show the strength of a human being in the face of any adversity and you are winning the fight! Congrats on your returning health and life! :flowerforyou:
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recovery. I am very happy for you!
  • einee14
    einee14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! I really needed to hear this..Although my journey has been about weight loss, after losing 120 pounds and basically hitting a brick wall due to a genetic hip condition I knew nothing about. I keep telling myself, my goal is worth the struggles these past two years. This will all make me stronger. I have managed to keep all of the weight off minus about 10 pounds. I need to give myself some damn credit....my mind just won't let me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!