what you need to know about your scale!!!!

Options

Replies

• treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I weigh now about the same as I did about 10 years ago, but have a smaller body frame!
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amazing thank you for posting!
  • MarleeRayne
    MarleeRayne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank You!
    This post will be added to my wall of inspiration!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Great post. Scales are evil... :laugh:
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    Well said!

It's hard when you're impatient enough to wait a week or more to weigh in, but if that's the case you need to be understand and can't expect a loss EVERY time you step on it, that wouldn't be healthy either!
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    bumping to keep me from freaking out about the scale!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I have been up about 3 lbs this weekend, but I have started weight training and running... my muscles are sore and probably busy repairing themselves. Thank you for this post!!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    -to gain or loose a pound you HAVE to eat or burn 3500 calories!!! This is hard science, and logically you have to keep this in mind!!

hey, hey, hey... be careful where you sling that science stuff! Haven't you read this board long enough to know that science only applies to some people?!

Good post, though!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

-when I started lifting weights, I always weighed more in the days following a tough workout because repairing muscles hold water. It can be a real bummer when you work your butt off and the scale shows a gain!

ugh, THIS! haha
  • henryfunderburk
    Options
    You are absolutely right. I don't have that monthly problem (being male) but my weight fluctuates also. The way I handle that is to always record my lowest weight although I notice my weight every day. Common sense tells me that as long as I consume less than my target calories I am making progress. Therefore I can claim my lowest weight regardless of when I fluctuate upwards because of water. :flowerforyou:
  • jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks - great post - I really needed to read it!!! I love the last couple of paragraphs!
  • yogatewood
    Options
    Great Motivator!!! :smile:
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Very very true, I hate my scale at the moment but I'm trying not to dwell its just one of those things.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Nicely said! :drinker:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Great post! I would just make the small clarification "-to gain or loose a pound OF FAT you HAVE to eat or burn 3500 calories!!!"

Other ways to gain a pound: drink 2 cups of water. Put on a shirt. Use the restroom at a different time. Eat extra sodium. Stand on the scale differently.

The scale doesn't lie, but it's not always easy to understand exactly what the darn thing is saying.
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is very helpful, thank you for sharing.
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed this today after a vacation weekend and being up 3 lbs. Needed to get my head back to reality and stop obsessing! ANd I should track TOM better... Thanks again!!
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    glad to hear it was helpful!! I know I needed to read this in the past MANY times!!! :-)
  • angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    AMEN! thank you for posting this:happy: !