Really obese

Options

Replies

• jennstevens21
    jennstevens21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me, i could stand to lose 100 to be 'normal' but setting my goals a bit lower than that.
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also have over 100 to lose, this site has really helped to keep me focused and I hope it can do the same for you.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I was going to add you as a friend so we could support each other. But I guess I don't count...I assume I would be considered near "coat hanger" :-(
  • ByeByeBigGurl
    Options
    Feel free to add me also, I have 100+ lbs to lose
  • hermosapilates
    Options
    Many of my " COAT HANGER" sized clients as you negatively call them were actually your size at one point, and its not really nice to judge people smaller than you. They have worked extremely hard and have lost tons weight with the help of this site. I am a personal trainer and have coached them the whole way, watched their struggles, stresses and big wins!!! They would be the ones who could encourage you because they have been there and have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. But as you said, that's not who you are looking for in this journey- too bad!!!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm down twenty-five so far but have started least a hundred to go. I've gotten to the point where I am bound and determined to do it this time. MFP is an awesome community, there is so much support and variety of ways people are getting it done that there really is something for everyone here.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the first steps!

Trust me, I have fought your fight, into my last couple of 10's of pounds and fighting all the way.

If you want some encouragement from someone who has been there feel free to add me!
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I guess a weight loss struggle at over 100 lbs and over 10 lbs is a lot different, but it is all in the eyes of the beholder because we all judge ourselves internally. I am shooting for 50 lbs as I have gained and lost and gained and lost and gained and lost the same 50 lbs over and over and over again. So my struggle is ungoing throughout my life since I was probably 18 year old. I am now 47 or 48 and still struggling....please know you can count on me for support if you want to add me as a friend.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I was going to add you as a friend so we could support each other. But I guess I don't count...I assume I would be considered near "coat hanger" :-(

I will be your friend, I want to be like you! :smile:
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose over a 100lbs
  • YamiDrizzles
    Options
    You can do it!!! i joined MFP today and I have around 80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me:)
  • FitTonic
    FitTonic Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

Well, if your looking for really obese, then I am your gal. I weigh 325 pounds. I just joined today. My health has forced me to deal with my weight, that and my desire to find the real me. I have been an active mother of three children and buried myself under all this weight. I am too embarressed to post a picture. I hate how I look and how I feel. I am encouraged by the fact that I have lost weight. How much I am not sure, as my weigh scales only registered up to 350 pounds and that was when I hit my bottom and decided to do something, it has been a long time now, complicated by bad feet, bad knees and cancer, and now i need my gall bladder removed.

I hope this place helps me. I really want to lose this weight. I want to find the real me.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have about 70 to lose - feel free to add me for some support!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, you need a few thin friends. They either have been where you are, or have always done it right. Either way, they can help you.

What you don't need is a bunch of people who will excuse your bad decisions and tell you "tomorrow's another day."

You're out of tomorrows.

Good luck. Everyone has something to offer. Don't limit your success by choosing friends who will help you think it's okay to do nothing.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I started out with 90 pounds to lose and have lost 66 pounds to date. Although, I have lost alot, I still have alot to learn. I'm not coat hanger size by any means, you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • I'm so glad you posted. I understand you probably want to live in the moment and have a small number of friends that you can talk to daily that are going through EXACTLY what you are going through today with all of the problems specific to wearing an extra 100 llbs or so and I think that's VERY SMART AND VERY COOL. I totally understand. There are a lot of people here that thrive on being helpful regardless of the weight that they need or needed to lose; or those that have already lost over 100 llbs that have reached their goal that would just love to be part of your extraordinary journey, so PLEASE don't feel bad if they are hurt by your specific request. The very best of luck on your journey, please continue to used the message board. Your journey is important to us!!!!
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One hour left me with more calories to eat.
    This is actually what kept me on the elliptical when I first started doing this. I did two minutes or so, and MFP said, "Now you can have another 125 calories*!" I could just about see the light bulb turning on in my head; this is back when staying under 2600 was a struggle.

Stick with it. Eventually you'll wind up on the other end of the spectrum, where you're thinking, "Man... I have to eat how much more?!"

*Don't trust mfp's calorie burn, by the way. I find that for every calorie the gym tells me I burned, MFP tells me I burned twice as many.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost around 68 so far and I have around 100 more to go. It can seem like a very daunting task, but take it in little goals and before you know it you will get there!
  • I'm shocked at the way you have spoken to this new person. The things you are saying are learned by those on the this site in a very short time, why did you have to hit her over the head with it the way you did? You could have said the same thing in a shorter and much LOVING way.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs & cannot affort to have any surgery to help with the process! I would love for you or anyone else to add me if they are looking for support! I am not always the best to respond but I try! It is a hard battle I find it hard to get motivated to do exercises! I don't live close to a gym so I have to do it on my own! Please add me!:flowerforyou: