oh no! I ate to much today on my cheat day! ):

Options

Replies

• iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My Free Day is a total food orgy.
    I eat like a guy going to the electric chair.

Haha, I laughed.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think this place isn't really what you need right now lovey.

I wouldn't worry about bloating, I'd worry about how little you are actually eating. You're eating nothing. Zero.

Please get some professional help, as everything you're talking about screams to me that your thought patterns are still very much entrenched in the eating disorder as opposed to recovery.

100 calories is absolutely nothing - you can't survive on that and if you carry on you will make yourself extremely ill. Hell 500 calories is nothing. I don't know what I can say to you to help you other than ask you to get help from somewhere.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    100 calories a day is like what... an apple?

My god, you'd die if you just saw what I ate as a snack - 200ml calci+ milk, 30g whey protein powder and a 60g protein bar.

A cup of lettuce and mustard.

How do I get the bloating to go away? My face is very..Squishy now ):

Really, I don't think that's enough sodium to be bloated. Drink water, see a professional.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    WHOA this is like a snack for me on a HEALTHY day :noway: just eat up a little more that's all !!
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Your body needs food! This is really sad.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I think your best bet is to have a consult with a nutritionist. At my college we have them free of charge in our gym. 100 calories a day is certainty not healthy. :(
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet is to have a consult with a nutritionist. At my college we have them free of charge in our gym. 100 calories a day is certainty not healthy. :(

I think a psychologist would actually help more. Yes, the nutritionist will tell you how to eat healthy, but the psychologist will help you get over your fear of eating healthy.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    shes basically still anorexic, and should be hospitalized.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    this must be a joke...

ding, ding, ding! we have a winner!
  • hbunting86
    Options

I think a psychologist would actually help more. Yes, the nutritionist will tell you how to eat healthy, but the psychologist will help you get over your fear of eating healthy.

Agreed - I'm a psychologist and this really does need to be addressed by a mental health professional.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Really? Are we seriously doing this right now?
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I don't have the money for the hospital and I would be totally embarrassed and scared ):
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Um, it seems like you have disordered eating. And frankly, I'm not buying that you were "stupid" and didn't know that 100 calories wasn't a lot of food. I've struggled with an eating disorder before, dont get me wrong, but I knew for a fact that I was eating under a normal amount. I'm 90% sure you're being sarcastic or this is some sick joke, but if not, I wish you luck on your journey.

Not to be mean, but I agree with this.

Not the 90% sure your being sarcastic part. But the fact that you had to have known 500 calories is not a lot.

Get help. Good luck.
  • hbunting86
    Options

I don't have the money for the hospital and I would be totally embarrassed and scared ):

I hate to sound harsh, but if you carry on you won't have a choice. Right now you do - you can either carry on the way you're going and have that choice taken away from you, or you can voluntarily seek help - the fact you're carrying on this discussion shows that you have acknowledged that what you're doing is a problem. Act on that. There is nothing embarrassing about asking for help.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    100 calories a day is like what... an apple?

My god, you'd die if you just saw what I ate as a snack - 200ml calci+ milk, 30g whey protein powder and a 60g protein bar.

A cup of lettuce and mustard.

How do I get the bloating to go away? My face is very..Squishy now ):

The only way to fix the bloat is to fix the eating. Which means fixing the eating disorder you have. Please talk to your therapist. You know you aren't supposed to eat so little.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wait.. what. You eat 100 calories per day?

Yes. Sometime's nothing for..4-5 days.
    I don't know how to stop though. I feel so fat and that If I eat more I get panicky and scared ):

500 calories a day is far too little. i did a stretch of diet years ago that was very low calorie, and even my diet was more than that. the result was i lost a lot of muscle and even a little hair, which eventually grew back when i started eating healthy.

at 100 to 500 calories a day, you'll almost certainly lose significant hair, almost all of your muscle, and probably your life, as 100 calories a day is horrible for your heart. i'm not judging you, directing any anger at you, or any of the other negative emotions you might receive in this thread from others. but the basic fact of the matter is that you need to stop doing what you are doing right now.

what you should do is increase your calorie intake significantly, and speak with a doctor if you continue to find it difficult to do so. but you certainly have to increase your caloric intake immediately. please do this.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

your life. have fun dying.

Wow. Exactly what she doesn't need. Is there any reason to be mean?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This is exactly what she does NOT need.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The bloating will go, don't worry. As you increase your calories, you might get a tiny bit bloated because your body isn't used to that much food at the moment, but it will go. Reducing your calories doesn't prevent bloating, what stops bloating in my experience is when your body gets used to a certain intake. So, and I promise you this, you can be eating at your maintanance level and soon you will not be at all bloated. I speak from experience :)

Like everyone's saying, 100 cals isn't enough and nor is 600. I think you need some professional advice, but for now, let me tell you - you can be eating so much more and it *is* safe to do so. Bloating is horrible, I know (I'm one of the few people who get that fat can be a feeling!) but it goes. Do your absolute best to put up with it and get used to some more food in your system.

And Lord, don't feel bad about what you ate today. It wasn't the healthiest, but it's over and done with.

Stay strong, and have faith that it IS safe to eat more than you are doing. It might take a while to get used to, but if you don't, during the time you could have taken to get used to it, you might make yourself more ill.

And do try to get help, hinny <3 I understand how hard it is - diagnosed EDNOS 3 years ago.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Um, it seems like you have disordered eating. And frankly, I'm not buying that you were "stupid" and didn't know that 100 calories wasn't a lot of food. I've struggled with an eating disorder before, dont get me wrong, but I knew for a fact that I was eating under a normal amount. I'm 90% sure you're being sarcastic or this is some sick joke, but if not, I wish you luck on your journey.

Not to be mean, but I agree with this.

Not the 90% sure your being sarcastic part. But the fact that you had to have known 500 calories is not a lot.

Get help. Good luck.

This. These. If you need help and you know it, that's one thing, but don't be a flaming drama queen. You know fully well what you're doing, OP, and nobody here is going to tell you that it's ok, which seems to be what you're looking for. Scalesareforfish, what an ironic name, since you're basically in the water with a pole, fishing for someone to tell you you're awesome.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I get more calories then that in a day from just drinking pure water! You should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.