Weird Combinations of Foods That Taste Delicious

Options

Replies

• lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and salad cream (from the UK, not sure if it's the same in the US??) or mayo and peanut butter and marmite,mmmmmm.
    Also love carrots dipped in a jar of peanut butter - basically anything with peanut butter :tongue:
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hmm not sure if mine are very weird or not but we have def gotten some "looks" when we talk about them to others lol

* Raw Baby Carrots With Peanut Butter
    * Peanut Butter and Mayo Sandwiches
    * Peanut Butter on Pancakes
    * Mayo on Saltine Crackers
    * Popcorn With Peanut Butter
    * And when I was a kid I liked crumbled up saltine crackers in a glass of milk lol

My Father In Law loves chocolate chip cookies with a slice of cheese between two cookies LOL, I have tried it myself and I wasnt impressed;)

~Carrie~
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Chips (crisps) and chocolate. I heard chocolate covered pringle-like things exist. Please tell me they do. (And send me some)
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Honeydew melon with fennel seeds. Cucumbers with vegenaise. Various sweet fruits in my stir fry, like kumquats and mangoes.

When I was little, I used to eat a sandwich that consisted of iceberg lettuce and ruffles potato chips on an onion roll -- with yellow mustard sometimes.

My dad eats sardines on almost anything, and rice with ice cream.

My husband used to eat a biscuit with peanut butter and an egg every day.
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    flambe strawberries in grand marnier
    Put some ice cream in a bowl
    Poor strawberries and syrup from pan on ice cream
    (Now the weird part) top with cracked pepper.

OMG that sounds amazing!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Chili w/ a Peanut Butter sandwich on the side (just bread and PB, nothing else).
    Fast food fries dipped in chocolate shake.
    Plain potato chips with wedding or baby shower cake.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and salad cream (from the UK, not sure if it's the same in the US??)

Salad cream doesn't really exist in the US. You can get it -- usually in the British section of a well-stocked grocery store's international foods isle -- but it's a total non-thing here. It's basically like, pourable mayo, right?
  • grannynj
    grannynj Posts: 21
    Options
    flambe strawberries in grand marnier
    Put some ice cream in a bowl
    Poor strawberries and syrup from pan on ice cream
    (Now the weird part) top with cracked pepper.

Holy Cow! this is almost too much to endure. I'm drooling :)

I thought peanut butter on celery was an odd combo until I tried it. Not bad at at.
  • Epicmum54
    Epicmum54 Posts: 26
    Options
    Cheddar cheese and HP Sauce sandwiches - has to be fresh white bakery bread and a a bit of margarine...mmmmmm :)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When I used to eat cheese I had it with apples, bananas, and crackers lol.
    I don't think I would like it now it sounds pretty gross, but it couldn't have been that bad it was my go to snack for awhile!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Pickles and cream cheese! :) Preferably on a whole wheat bagel!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza dipped in guacamole.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Not exactly healthy but mix leftover mashed potatoes with powdered sugar till it forms a dough, roll it out, spread with peanut butter, roll is up like a jelly roll, slice and eat.....Potato Candy. Its delicious. :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    a hamburger patty on cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter and relish.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and salad cream (from the UK, not sure if it's the same in the US??)

Salad cream doesn't really exist in the US. You can get it -- usually in the British section of a well-stocked grocery store's international foods isle -- but it's a total non-thing here. It's basically like, pourable mayo, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_cream

Salad cream is runnier than mayo, and has a much tarter/sharper taste due to the fact is made with vinegar/mustard powder as well as sugar/egg yolks. It is a traditionally UK product, most popular during the 1970s.

I totally still like salad cream, though eat it very rarely. It's great in tuna & cucumber sandwiches. Or a reasy salted crisp (chip) sandwich!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    salsa and cottage cheese

This is full of win!!!! Even my girls love this!
  • Stylegal
    Stylegal Posts: 9
    Options
    Cucumbers and salsa.:smile:
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love chips (fries) dipped in ice cream. So good!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    PB&J with pickles...also cottage cheese mixed in with Noosa yogurt.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Toast, dairylea cheese triangle and a fried egg, or brussell sprouts with brown sauce.