whats your favourite book /character

Options

Replies

• jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I suppose we should all be honest though. The best character in the Sword of Truth novels is Gratch.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Zeddicus "Zedd" Zu'l Zorander - Wizard of the First Order, Namer of the Seeker of Truth, Guardian of the Sword of Truth.

From "The Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind.

I see your Zed and raise you a Kahlan Amnell... Mother Confessor, Protector and Lover of the Seeker of Truth. :wink:

I see your Kahlan Amnell and raise you Richard Rahl - War Wizard, Ruler of the Midlands, Lord of Dhar, Seeker of Truth, Wielder of the Sword of Truth, Friend of Gratch.

I see your Richard Rahl (who still needs to have Kahlan by his side) and raise you a Cara, Mord-Sith loyal not because of magic but because of respect and yet another protector of Richard....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I suppose we should all be honest though. The best character in the Sword of Truth novels is Gratch.

Yeah, Gratch is pretty cute (in my mind).... like a giant, deadly puppy.
  • MrsBobbyNevada
    MrsBobbyNevada Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah, Jack Reacher is dead cool, haha! Got quite a few books and audiobooks.

However, I'm afraid I won't be able to go and watch the movie - I'm so gutted they picked Tom Cruise to be Reacher! Unbelievable! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

NOOOOO!!! Please tell me this is a joke! They're going to make a 5'7" Tom Cruise into Jack Reacher? I think not. This casting director needs to be shot.
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King....Roland Deschain in my all time favorite character.

Second that. On book 5 now and looooooove it. Soo good.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series

In my mind, Jamie Fraser is one of the sexiest men around!!
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    Killing Floor (1997

Die Trying (1998
    Tripwire (1999)
    Running Blind (known as The Visitor in the UK) (2000)
    Echo Burning (2001)
    Without Fail (2002
    Persuader (2003)
    The Enemy (2004)
    One Shot (2005
    The Hard Way (2006)
    Bad Luck and Trouble (2007, ISBN 0-385-34055-9) Shortlisted for Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, 2009[14]
    Nothing To Lose (2008)
    Gone Tomorrow (2009)
    61 Hours (2010), winner, Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, 2011
    Worth Dying For (2010)
    The Affair (2011)
    A Wanted Man (2012)
    [edit] 17 books in all

Thanks for the list. I need some new books to read.
    I have a few favorite characters (and I'm a girl so please keep that in mind) Lizzy from Pride and Prejudice, Emma Morley from One Day (she's so witty).

I read all kinds of books but I prefer sappy dramas I can't help it. :laugh:
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    i once read a book called THE GIRLS by lori lansens its a funny yet sad novel about cojoined twins its set like a biography but the characters rose and ruby are fictional but rose wanted to write their life story before they reach 30 as their health is deteriorating a very good read for the ladies

The Girls is the second novel by Canadian novelist and screenwriter Lori Lansens. It was first published in 2005 by Knopf Canada
    It is the life story of a pair of conjoined twins, Rose and Ruby Darlen, narrated by the twins themselves. Rose, a budding writer, also details key moments from the lives of their adoptive parents, Aunt Lovey and Uncle Stash.
    The girls are joined at the head (craniopagus), with Rose carrying her physically weaker and smaller sister on her right hip. According to the description of the condition at the start of the book, the girls are estimated to share 100 veins as well as skull bones but while their cerebral tissues are meshed, they have distinctly separate brains, leading to differing personalities.
    The book is set in the fictional small town of Leaford in Ontario, Canada with the Girls frequently travelling to nearby cities of Chatham, Windsor and London. The Girls also accompany their Uncle Stash to his native Slovakia.
  • stephvaile
    Options
    Oh Yeah, Jack Reacher is dead cool, haha! Got quite a few books and audiobooks.

However, I'm afraid I won't be able to go and watch the movie - I'm so gutted they picked Tom Cruise to be Reacher! Unbelievable! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

NOOOOO!!! Please tell me this is a joke! They're going to make a 5'7" Tom Cruise into Jack Reacher? I think not. This casting director needs to be shot.
    they all need to be shot including tom cruise lmao
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My favorite Author is Tess Gerritsen and my favorite book of hers is The Surgeon.... favorite character.... Jane Rizzoli

I also love the book The Green Mile by Stephen King.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Drizzt
  • stephvaile
    Options
    My favorite Author is Tess Gerritsen and my favorite book of hers is The Surgeon

I also love the book The Green Mile by Stephen King.
    yes iv read a couple of tess gerritson the surgeon along time ago i also loke patricia cornwell and scarpetta
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Christian Grey. :love:
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Ayla

Clan of the Cave Bear
    Valley of the Horses
    The Mammoth Hunters
    Plains of Passage
    Shelters of Stone
    The Land of Painted Caves
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Christian Grey, :wink:

i actually hate him, love the books, but his character is a pig....but yes, i still would!

I love his character, I'm on the second book right now!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was also disappointed when they said Tom cruise was going to play Jack Reacher. I don't understand? He doesn't fir the part at all!! HES TOO SHORT, and generally just NOT what I was thinking when I think Jack Reacher!! >:[
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Neville Longbottom, the unlikely hero.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Joe Pike -- Rober Crais Novels
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Drizzt

Interesting Fact. Drizzt was originally supposed to be a side character, but took on a life of his own once Salvatore started writing about him. Gotta love Drizzt. I agree. He is an awesome character.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand -- extremely long, but well worth the time to read it!