pop tarts question

Options
iLoveMyPitbull1225
iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
i feel stupid for asking this, but I am having a pop tart for breakfast right now and when I am choosing serving size, my options are either 1 pastry or 1 container (8 pastries each). There are, however, 2 pieces in each little packet. So does that mean that I am having the 1 pastry serving???
ahh

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    1 pstry is 1 pop tart, 4 foil packs in the box and 8 pastries.

if you have the two in the foil pack thats 2x 1 serving :)
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Surley Pop Tarts are bad for breakfast? Try oats instead. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Yep, about 200 calories in ONE poptart. Not the sugar rush I like to start my day with.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    1 pstry is 1 pop tart, 4 foil packs in the box and 8 pastries.

if you have the two in the foil pack thats 2x 1 serving :)

agreed. I just googled the nutrional value of poptarts and the side of the box says 1 serving is 1 pastry. So if you have 2, that is 400 cals. depending on the cal count of 1 (the one I googled was 200 per)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's for ONE pop tart! I was almost floored when I saw that a pop tart had over 200 calories in it, and for some reason, they package 2 of them together.. thats nearly 500 calories of pure sugar!! It's terrible!
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are the devil. If they REALLY wanted you to eat one "pastry" (and I use this term lightly), why the eff wouldn't they make the lovely foil packs resealable???? How dare you force me to eat both so as to not let the second one go stale? So rude. Also, probably not your best option for breakfast. IMO it's a waste of 400 calories. ;)
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    They were my favorite when I was a kid. What I can't figure out is why, if you look at the calorie count on the boxes, an unfrosted pop tart has the same number of calories as the same flavor pop tart with frosting. How can it be? How can a plain strawberry poptart AND a frosted strawberry pop tart both be the same number of calories?
  • Gerry_Lane
    Gerry_Lane Posts: 27
    Options
    Yep, that's for ONE pop tart! I was almost floored when I saw that a pop tart had over 200 calories in it, and for some reason, they package 2 of them together.. thats nearly 500 calories of pure sugar!! It's terrible!

She is right on target....hope you enjoyed your sugar....plus the foil wrapper is non-degradeable. Tomorrow will be a better day with steele cut oats or quinoa or eggs
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    2 servings of 1 pastry, or .25 of the whole box. I love pop tarts (mmm, strawberry frosted <drool>). I just won't eat them anymore. Too much sugar and not enough nutrition. Very sad.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    2 servings of 1 pastry, or .25 of the whole box. I love pop tarts (mmm, strawberry frosted <drool>). I just won't eat them anymore. Too much sugar and not enough nutrition. Very sad.

Same here...Those were my fav too but I will NOT eat them anymore - my sugar is bad enough without that added in....I used to let my son eat them too but about a month ago I stopped that b/c if I am trying to live healthier, don't I also want my son to be healthy as well...I say when you finish the ones you ate today - Throw the rest away...But, that is just me.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    sorry for offending everyone with pop tarts. It was a desperate act, out of oatmeal.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    sorry for offending everyone with pop tarts. It was a desperate act, out of oatmeal.

Pop tarts aren't offensive. Delicious donuts are. Take a vitamin with your pop tart and all will be right in the world. lol
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    POP TARTS NUTRITIONAL QUANDARY: "CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CRACKER MEAL, SALT, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE)" to name just a few of the lovely crap the corporate food conglomerate packs in those things. The first three ingredients are sugar.

Why the hell would you even want to eat one, let alone two?

Get those things out of your house!!!

-Debra
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    She asked a question about serving sizes...not for color commentary on her choice of breakfast. If she was hungry and fits it in to her calories for the day, why jump all over her? Most people on this site know that a bowl of oatmeal is better than a pop tart...harsh peanut gallery, this why I rarely post in the forums.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    She asked a question about serving sizes...not for color commentary on her choice of breakfast. If she was hungry and fits it in to her calories for the day, why jump all over her? Most people on this site know that a bowl of oatmeal is better than a pop tart...harsh peanut gallery, this why I rarely post in the forums.

^^This! Good lord people, just answer her question if you know. Why give her a complex just because her choice isn't YOUR choice?? Good lord, judgemental people....
  • Britta16
    Britta16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that the judgmental commenters have had an unhealthy meal here or there. Lay off it! Go on an eat your Pop Tart.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Poptarts scare me with their calories, my hubby eats them almost every morning.. mind you he's not as into loosing weight as me (but he is from the impact of different overall food and exercise choices)... but I looked at the box and the calories scared me. I am glad I never particularly liked them so I'm not jealous he eats them... one of the few meals we don't eat the same thing since we wake up different times on weekdays.

And to answer your question, eat poptart is 1 serving. Each individual package is 2 servings, so you ate 2 servings. The calorie count can be confusing sometimes, but we are all here to learn :).

And I'm not judging. I eat donuts sometimes, but if I was eating something bad and didn't realize it or how many calories were in it, I'd like someone to let me know! Just trying to help! :)
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

^^This! Good lord people, just answer her question if you know. Why give her a complex just because her choice isn't YOUR choice?? Good lord, judgemental people....
    My thoughts exactly!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Regarding the package you listed, then one pastry = one pop tart. One serving= one half of what is in that foil pouch.

But I'd watch out. Some of the vending machine packs of poptarts now regard 2 pastries = one serving.

And yeah, pop tarts don't make the best daily breakfast. But once in a while isn't going to kill the average human, so damn, can we maybe lay off the OMGZZZZ POPTARTZZZ!!1! freakout?

My fave flavor is a tie between cinnamon brown sugar and blueberry. I used to like the smores or hot fudge flavors, but now that I stopped eating them, they are way too sweet for me.

Cheers!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options

I freaking hate oatmeal. EXCEPT in no bake cookies or just oatmeal cookies. After that get out of here with the oatmeal, I'd rather have the poptart. I've tried to have oatmeal with fruit and tons of sugar and still can't gag it down. Sad I know, but IMO Oat's suck.