pop tarts question

Options

Replies

• starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would eat a pop tart right now if I had any. They may be nutritionally void, but they're delicious. :-)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    She asked a question about serving sizes...not for color commentary on her choice of breakfast. If she was hungry and fits it in to her calories for the day, why jump all over her? Most people on this site know that a bowl of oatmeal is better than a pop tart...harsh peanut gallery, this why I rarely post in the forums.

^^This! Good lord people, just answer her question if you know. Why give her a complex just because her choice isn't YOUR choice?? Good lord, judgemental people....

THANK YOU!!!!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    use the 1 pop tart option but change the serving size to 2 == 2 poptarts!
  • eyTARAA
    eyTARAA Posts: 3
    Options
    I believe one pastry is just one out of the package of two. If it was for both it would state one package.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sorry for offending everyone with pop tarts. It was a desperate act, out of oatmeal.

easy problem to solve. don't buy them.

buy puff pastry. make your own.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    I understand. The serving size thing on here was just a little misleading.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    P.S.-- never asking a question on this site ever again. People are not nice.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    why the eff wouldn't they make the lovely foil packs resealable????
    That is a great idea...I wish they would do that. I don't eat them, but I will on occasion let my girls have one, usually as a snack rather than for breakfast. I like for them to have some sort of protein in the morning. One likes fruit, the other likes chocolate, so I usually end up throwing one away if I forget to put it in a ziploc bag.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    sorry for offending everyone with pop tarts. It was a desperate act, out of oatmeal.

easy problem to solve. don't buy them.

buy puff pastry. make your own.

Right but what youre still not seeing is the part where i said DESPERATE ACT-- I DID NOT BUY THEM!!!!!!- I eat oatmeal every single day but I was on vacation this weekend and did not have time to buy more. A co worker had an extra thing of pop tarts, I didnt wanna skip breakfast. So I ate THE SERVING SIZE.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I hope my answer didn't come across that way! I was actually just really surprised when I looked up the calories in the poptarts that I had been letting my son ocassionaly have.. it was shocking. I still *love* poptarts.. I just have to stay away, or else I'll eat 2-4 without even thinking about it!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    She asked a question about serving sizes...not for color commentary on her choice of breakfast. If she was hungry and fits it in to her calories for the day, why jump all over her? Most people on this site know that a bowl of oatmeal is better than a pop tart...harsh peanut gallery, this why I rarely post in the forums.
    Ditto! I don't see a good reason to post any questions in the forums here. Very few people can actually answer the question asked. They all want to sit in judgement of the OP instead. I guess it makes people feel good about themselves when they can judge others instead of themselves.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you get some jerks on here every once in a while....ask anything you want and let the meanies roll off your back!!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I can't be 100% certain, but I doubt havin a poptart for breakfast ever killed anyone. If it fits into your calories for the day, then it's no big deal. Looking at your ticker, you have been quite successful. Screw the food nazis.
  • Ahumphrey41
    Ahumphrey41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :) You've lost 24 pounds, so you are obviously doing something right. Sorry you had to wade thru the other mess, but you got your answer.

PS. The brown sugar cinnamon, frosted of course, are the bomb! lol Have a good morning.
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Agreed, I believe in calorie count too who knows maybe she burned an extra 400 calories working out, if so is she not capable of having a pop tart. I cant lie, i burn I eat . so if i burn an extra 600 calories a day which i try to do, damn right i'll have a pop tart lol
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If I have the extra calories or plan ahead for them, damn straight I'm heading for those delicious pastries! I'm a frosted cherry or strawberry person myself...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Poptarts taste good with bacon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are amazing, and are fine eating every day.

Food type doesn't matter. Calorie intake, macro and micronutrient intake matters.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Don't worry. I've eaten pop tarts now and again and still lost weight. Ignore the food nazis who think you should only eat salads with lettuce you grow yourself. Most of them are going to give up in 3 weeks anyway.

Moderation. Because that's what really works.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are amazing!! They're a sometimes treat, for sure... but they're not going to kill anyone.

... unless it's a Zombie Pop Tart.... then we can get all frucking psycho about them, okay?

Lady Homebrewer - 3yrs
    MFP Smarty-pants and sometimes food logger
    Also, boobs.