What do you LIKE about your diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i love feeling more confident! i can feel the muscle on my body building (underneath the fat) and it makes me feel like a rockstar!

i also love a serious protein shake that tastes so unhealthy but is sooo good for me - milk, frozen banana, protein powder, peanut butter, and ghirardelli cocoa.... mmmmmm
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Not feeling bloated all the time

Not having an upset tummy all the time

feeling good in my clothes

the list goes on........=)
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like not feeling bloated all the time. I also like that I hardly ever get heartburn/indigestion anymore. And I thoroughly enjoy my apple with peanut butter and cup of tea I have for desert every night :-)

^^THIS^^ I can totally relate. I use to just feel miserable and bloated (and TMI, but real gassy!!!:blushing: ) And my heartburn flareups were probably 3-4 times a day. Haven't had a heartburn flare up in about 3 months.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I actually LIKE eating fruit although the textures of some still freak me out.

I LIKE getting up at 5:25 to work out. (did I really type that?)

I LIKE spin...and I wish I could fit it into my schedule more.

I LIKE that it's an entire lifestyle change and not really a diet. (6 months in, I'm still sticking with it. Woohoo!)
  • mltchel
    mltchel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the colors of all the foods. It inspires me and makes me thankful that I have access to so much good food and the means to buy it.
    I like that I know how to prepare a variety of real, unprocessed foods and don't rely on "healthy" that's written on the box.
    I like what I've learned about how MY body works and what makes me feel good and function well.
    I like that I've got habits and ways of eating that have returned my size to what it was 15 years and 2 kids ago when all I had on my side was my age and genetics. Now I've got knowledge and experience and I'm ready to take it to the next level of lean, healthy, and energetic!
    I like that my kids and husband are on board and my kids are learning about nutrition, moderation, variety, and self-discipline.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I like that I feel better overall: more energy, skin and hair seem better...

This. I have so much more energy but I'm sleeping better. Sleep = good. I like sleep. And I like energy even better.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like not feeling bloated all the time. I also like that I hardly ever get heartburn/indigestion anymore. And I thoroughly enjoy my apple with peanut butter and cup of tea I have for desert every night :-)

I second this about not feeling bloated and the heartburn problems. I used to be on 3 daily medications for heartburn and ulcers, but with my healthy eating ways I have eliminated ALL of my medications!!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children.

I think we live now in one of the most difficult times for controlling food intake and making healthy choices, simply because I think we make our lives a lot more complicated and busy than we need. Showing my kids that you can have a job, a family, and still put healthy meals on the table will resonate to some degree down the line.

They still like (and I still buy) sweet snacks ... they're just limited. I tell them that when it comes to healthy snacks (fruits/veggies) that they need not ask ... just go grab something from the basket, fridge or whatever. They still ask (and enjoy) their sweets during the week, but I'm helping them learn that those things are more treats and desserts ... "snacks" are much different.

Seeing them reach for an apple, banana, kiwi, or grab some cherries or grapes out of the fridge, pour a glass of milk, and learn that some of those "weird" things like avocados or celery root aren't so bad ... that's cool to watch.

We will still (and I'm sure always) enjoy the occasional pizza, soda, and chips while watching a show ... and now that's a treat, not a norm ... we enjoy it, smile and have fun when we spurge, but are learning together that eating healthy ain't so bad ...

My teen / step-daughter (who has been part of this change the least) struggles a bit, but has actually said when she goes away or to her dads that she's excited to come back to "real food" ... my son's favorite meal is hard to choose between salmon or steamed mussels ... he's 10 ... and my 6 year old daughter has her favorites too ... she's my bread eater though, just like her dad! :) ... So we're switching to 100% whole wheat (and made at home!) ... she calls it "daddy's bread" and loves it :)

Just raising a family eating healthy (and seeing all the positives) is motivation enough ...

Loosing weight is just icing on the cake :)
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have already said:

>>The lifestyle change has become a habit, and eating better just "feels" right now.
    >>Through journaling on MFP, I feel like I can have a plan for the day.
    >>Based on my activity level, I know which days I CAN eat more, and which days I should keep some control (rest days.)
    >>The realization that you can eat a heck of a lot of food and stay between 1300-1500 calories in a day.
    >>I don't even Crave wine anymore.
    >>More energy from the "fuel" and daily exercise actually makes the body run smoother and more efficiently.
    >>I've been sleeping better the last six months.
    >>Since I've lost 40+ lbs, my husband sleeps better because I've stopped snoring. I don't think he's slept in the guest room, since.

I could go on and on. I think I'll print this where I can see it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children.

I think we live now in one of the most difficult times for controlling food intake and making healthy choices, simply because I think we make our lives a lot more complicated and busy than we need. Showing my kids that you can have a job, a family, and still put healthy meals on the table will resonate to some degree down the line.

They still like (and I still buy) sweet snacks ... they're just limited. I tell them that when it comes to healthy snacks (fruits/veggies) that they need not ask ... just go grab something from the basket, fridge or whatever. They still ask (and enjoy) their sweets during the week, but I'm helping them learn that those things are more treats and desserts ... "snacks" are much different.

Seeing them reach for an apple, banana, kiwi, or grab some cherries or grapes out of the fridge, pour a glass of milk, and learn that some of those "weird" things like avocados or celery root aren't so bad ... that's cool to watch.

We will still (and I'm sure always) enjoy the occasional pizza, soda, and chips while watching a show ... and now that's a treat, not a norm ... we enjoy it, smile and have fun when we spurge, but are learning together that eating healthy ain't so bad ...

My teen / step-daughter (who has been part of this change the least) struggles a bit, but has actually said when she goes away or to her dads that she's excited to come back to "real food" ... my son's favorite meal is hard to choose between salmon or steamed mussels ... he's 10 ... and my 6 year old daughter has her favorites too ... she's my bread eater though, just like her dad! :) ... So we're switching to 100% whole wheat (and made at home!) ... she calls it "daddy's bread" and loves it :)

Just raising a family eating healthy (and seeing all the positives) is motivation enough ...

Hearing things like kids getting on board for a lifetime of good health is always awesome. =D
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have already said:

>>The lifestyle change has become a habit, and eating better just "feels" right now.
    >>Through journaling on MFP, I feel like I can have a plan for the day.
    >>Based on my activity level, I know which days I CAN eat more, and which days I should keep some control (rest days.)
    >>The realization that you can eat a heck of a lot of food and stay between 1300-1500 calories in a day.
    >>I don't even Crave wine anymore.
    >>More energy from the "fuel" and daily exercise actually makes the body run smoother and more efficiently.
    >>I've been sleeping better the last six months.
    >>Since I've lost 40+ lbs, my husband sleeps better because I've stopped snoring. I don't think he's slept in the guest room, since.

I could go on and on. I think I'll print this where I can see it.

That's exactly what this is about! Awesome reasons, too.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children.

This is awesome. You're obviously a great role model. Job well done
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I'm into my fourth month of this new lifestyle, and while I still feel the agony that comes from food cravings nearly every day, I have learned to really enjoy foods I never would have touched before I got this diet thing going, such as all sorts of raw and roasted veggies. Brussels sprouts? Never would have touched them. Now I happily wolf down about 80 Brussels sprouts a week. Broccoli, carrots, chia seeds, fish, lean meats . . . this is what my diet looks like now, and most of that stuff never made it into my house before.

Oh yeah, and I love overnight oats. If there is a more delicious food out there, I don't think I could handle it. Yumsauce.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feeling in control!