Talk me out of eating bad things please.

Options
13»

Replies

• muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Taco Hell junkie but haven't been there for almost 2 years! I DO have an unhealthy relationship with Moe's, but a Joey Jr. on wheat with no cheese or sour cream isn't bad at all! :) In fact....I could totally go for that right now.....
  • MicheleVer2
    Options
    I lot of people don't log when they binge. I've found that logging the 4,000 calories I consumed on garbage those bad days eventually make a dent in the way I 'feel' about food. If you document the heartburn, the sleepiness, the diarrhea, the headaches you can go back and pull those memories right before going there to pig out on junk food. I'll be the first to admit that even telling myself that crap makes me literally sick I still find myself driving to the nearest burger joint, but because I track it I find that I do it less and less. All or nothing is a trap.
    The other thing to remember and even log is when you successfully ride a crave like a wave, the desire will get to a peak then it will crest and you will have successfully demonstrated to yourself that you won't crave that junk forever.
    And congrats for asking for help too! that's always the first step.
    HC

Wow, yes.. I can't believe I didn't think about this before! You're absolutely right.. I NEVER track what I eat when I binge. I basically just "throw the day away" mentally. Thanks.. I can see how this will help. Maybe I should make my food diary public as well..