Why I choose option *Closed Food Diary

Options
13»

Replies

• AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, and I get tons of crap for it. :grumble: I just updated my profile with WHY I am not eating as much as MFP says I should, just so people know.

Get's old explaining it.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love to share my diary so that anyone can see that you can enjoy great food, and get ideas. I love to look at diaries of other to get ideas. So if you are a great eater, others could learn from you. But it's your diary.:flowerforyou:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have nothing to hide and proud of my choices whether it's good or bad.
    ^^^^^^^
    BINGO
    When people reject accountability, that speaks volumes.
    Good luck with your goals:flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed because what I eat is my business and no one Else's and I don't feel the need to try to impress anyone from it , I know I'm doing what needs to be done and I do it well. But I don't think it should take away any support because of it. As long as we post it everyday that should be enough for people. I mean I don't discriminate others for their choices. Anyone feel the same?.
    No need to sore comments just curious who agree's is all. :)

Agreed, open or closed it's your diary.

The only time I expect to see an open diary is when someone is looking for guidance. Other than that, who has time (or the inclination) to go snooping in food diaries?
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    I have mine closed because I am confident I know what good food choices are so don't need input on that (though I know this is not why a lot of people choose open diaries) and sometimes I enter meals in broken down components which would just be confusing anyway. I don't want or need feedback on my food choices. I don't always log. I use the diary in my own way, for my own purposes. I see no reason anyone else would be interested in it and I don't think it would be useful to anyone else either.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I've had mine open before. Now it's closed. I don't care what other people do and I rarely look at other people's diaries. I don't know why mine is closed now....I just have an issue with it right now.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I chose to keep mine open to keep some accountability. Also I want to show people that its possible to actually eat and still lose weight. And if I eat something I "shouldn't" then everyone will know I'm human and it IS ok once in a while to "slip up".
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ok. just don't expect any "good job" sort of comments from people.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I recently (last couple months) opened mine to friends. Most days, I'm so stinking proud of my macros, I want everyone to see. Then other days, I'm so proud of my epic booze intake, I'm just showing off...
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Its a personal choice and I think people should repsect other peoples decision without judgement.
    Simple!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I choose to keep mine open because I like the accountability. I also appreciate when others keep theirs open so I can get new food ideas to stay within my macros and offer support or ideas to them when/if needed. Also, when people ask for help, it is really hard to offer constructive, thoughtful advice on a closed diary. That said - if a friend keeps theirs closed - and some do, then I don't make an issue of it.

^^^this. I also like the people who add me as inspiration, it holds me even more accountable to keep improving.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed and I dont close it at the end of the day. It's a tool that people can choose to use in whatever way they want. People that complain about mine being closed get deleted. That's just it. I dont want people looking at my food.
  • amyschintler
    Options
    My diary is open to Friends Only, I have never looked at anyone else diary and really it is not for me to tell them what to eat. It is their choice what they put in their mouth, not mine. As long as I am losing weight and being healthy (to a point) who cares!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, but I'm just starting out too, I'm trying to do the "anything is okay in moderation" diet, I still make healthy choices though. For me, I can hold myself more accountable if my diary is open, I could care less what others have to say, if it isnt encouraging, so if someone says something negative, then oh well, obviously THEY have a bigger issue with my diet then I do. But I think to each his own, what ever motivates YOU is what YOU need to do. ~Bre
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you feel you have to justify your choice - it makes no difference to anyone else if it's open or closed.

There are people here to whom your diary being closed seems to be a huge deal - and they are more than willing to tell you. That is why some of us feel the need to justify our choice.