Opinions needed...how much weight should I lose? w/ pics

Options
I don't care if you're a girl or a guy, I just want an opinion. I've had so many people tell me different things that I'm not really sure what my goal weight should be. I've lost 9lbs and I'm thinking 31 more should do the trick...thoughts?

I'm terrified to do this...

a4xxe9.jpg

wch6ow.jpg

Replies

• Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I say aim for your target BMI range, then work on what you think looks/feels good to you.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I originally thought my goal weight was 120...then 115...then 110. Basically what Im saying is keep working til your happy with what you see in the mirror because its tough to guess what weight you'll look your best at.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh? You don't look like you need to loose any weight. No way 40 pounds. I'd go with weight training.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    I think you look good. . .I would go for the toning and not worry about weight. I am in the same spot.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Opinion alert!

31lbs from where? You gonna cut an arm off? If that was my body...and holy smokes I'd be happy...I'd move to a small cut of my TDEE and start Stronglifts 5X5, New Rules of Lifting for Women or Chalean Extreme. At this point something with weights will take care of any remaining fat loss you'd like to see while giving you firm body.
    :flowerforyou:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Opinion alert!

31lbs from where? You gonna cut an arm off? If that was my body...and holy smokes I'd be happy...I'd move to a small cut of my TDEE and start Stronglifts 5X5, New Rules of Lifting for Women or Chalean Extreme. At this point something with weights will take care of any remaining fat loss you'd like to see while giving you firm body.

Agree! Darn! Vegetables are pretty smart! :heart:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd say no weight. eat at a slight deficit and focus more on doing weights and transforming your body that way

duh i just saw artichoke's response.. what the spiny vegetable said = what i think you should do :smile:
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Opinion alert!

Agree! Darn! Vegetables are pretty smart! :heart:

Yeah, what they said. : )
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    What do you weigh? You don't look like you need to loose any weight. No way 40 pounds. I'd go with weight training.

THIS ^
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lose as much as it takes to feel good inside and out!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

THIS ^

yes.
  • grey_goose_girl
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 143
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options

THIS ^
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    :-\
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Honey, idk if you can't get 31lbs from anywhere! I think everyone else's advice is good when they say to am for your goal weight. 31lbs may be pushing it though since you've already lost 9 and you're pretty small already.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    honestly, I think maybe a stone. maybe less. I would focus on weight training though, and eating at a small deficit, aim to lose 0.5-1 lb a week.

See how you look in a stones time, or stop if you're happy before that, and work from there
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    You look like you just need to tone up and that's it.
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I say none! If anything just work on toning.. Most of us would kill to be your size:/
  • littleallie120
    Options
    I definitely don't think 31 lbs should come off of you, you look great already! Like the others, I think you should focus on toning up more than weight loss. Congrats on losing 9 already! With eating right and toning up, you may find you lose enough that you won't have to worry about losing any more. Best of luck! Do what makes you feel good!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with the vegetable. + weights.