Physical activity you don't log????

Options

Replies

• ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If I don't perform the activity specifically to burn calories, I don't bother logging it.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have my profile set to sedentary. I generally only log actual exercise but once in a while will include other things, particularly if it took up my exercise time. One time I sanded a whole truck which took a few hours. All the squatting and climbing I counted. If I spend the day doing heavy cleaning or moving I'll log that. I also sometimes include gardening. I never include common housework, shopping, or most walking unless it is substantial.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the inside of the elevator at work since September 2010 - and it is 4 flights to my office. :drinker:
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't even log my exercise, I just report is done on my wall.
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    Options
    I never log cleaning, shoveling, raking, yard work or other household chores. My trainer told me not to.
    I walk everyday back and fourth from my office to the courthouse for cases and I never log it or the 3 flights of stairs to the court room.
    Its an everyday activity so I dont log it.
  • Actorguy1
    Actorguy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I let my Fitbit log all my steps for the day but I only specifically log additional exercise by the time started and minutes used. The Fitbit figures out all the rest. I like knowing how many steps I did in a day regardless of what they were for. Each one counts.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I used to log sex until my profile became public!!!! It's a GREAT workout, we all should be logging it :o)

Just wait until you're married with kids, won't be much to log! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I log is the exercise that requires me to put workout gear on and I acknowledge that what I am doing is purely for exercise purposes. Everything else that "may or may not" burn some extra cals is just considered a little bonus.

Edited to add:

So I don't log walking from my desk to the printer, standing, sex, eating, driving, sleeping, shopping, house-cleaning, etc.

I totally agree with this:wink:
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'd do the "not if I sweat" thing but then I'd never log as I do not sweat. Not at all. I don't even "glisten" or "dew" lol.

OMG You're SO lucky!!!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Will log:
    1-anything done at gym
    2-extra long walks (ie>3 mile walk in park)
    3-dancing (don't care if it's a club or whatever)

Won't log:
    1-yard work
    2-house work
    3-normal every day activities

Not judging anyone at all, but for me logging house work/normal activities looks like overkill on the lines of cheating, and not putting in the real/extra effort. I would just feel lazy, like I was 1/2 *ssing it, if I logged washing the dishes, etc.
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I dont put anything that I am not doing to lose weight. For example, if I go for a run, its to burn calories and for weight loss so I count it - where walking the dog or gardening would not be counted. I played basketball the other day for fun, I didn't consider it my workout for the day, and it was something I plan to do randomly for fun once I reach my goal, so I don't count it. That way the "extra" weight loss is a bonus!! :) Life healthy and live active!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stairs.
    Walking across the parking lot to get to my car.
    Standing.
    Lifting & carrying bags. (I work at the airport)
    Washing dishes.
    Cleaning (logged it twice, never again.)
    Cooking (logged it once, never again.)

Basically, if I don't put on my gym clothes and drive to the gym, the park, or go play Zumba/DDR, I don't log it.
    It's tedious enough, having to open the app on my phone to log everything I eat, I'm not going to log every little movement either.
    I'm fat, I'm always sweating, it's summer time! I'm not gonna log everything that makes me sweat.
  • linnamae
    linnamae Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't agree with the people who don't log in their workouts for the day simply because our bodies need extra calories on the days we workout. A BIG problem with diets besides proper nutrition are people aren't getting enough calories (healthy calories) so their body is storing all it can which causes platues or even weight gain.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the inside of the elevator at work since September 2010 - and it is 4 flights to my office. :drinker:

Good for you! :)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I have my status set on desk job but still only log real exercise where I sweat.
    I do not log housecleaning, grocery shopping, going to malls or gardening.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Walking to class. It's about a 30 minute walk, but I still don't log it. Also, walking to Meijer or well, anywhere else. The only time I logged it was when I hurt my foot and chilled on the couch for a week.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I only log the calories I burn when I've made the effort to burn them....

I don't log taking kids to school, doing the shopping, housework etc
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Swimming in a backyard pool.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    at work I go up and down 4 flights of stairs at least 3 to 4 times...
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Inspired by the 'calories burned while standing thread'.........What Physical activities you don't log???? Even though you know they may have gone beyond your normal activity for the day.

! - yesterday my boyfriend literally spent 3 + hours at the Mall walking around, I didn't log any of it
    2 - vacumning, sweeping, grocery shopping, laundry
    3 - sex :blushing:

You shouldn't count any of those, imo.

I don't count hiking if it's under 3miles.

I count running, cardio & lifting along with biking & hiking over 3 miles.