Yogurt??

Options
bcmlam1001
bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
What kind of yogurt do you eat? I really like yoplait light the best but I hear it has lots of high fructose corn syrup in it and I don't really care for greek at all. What's the best yogurt to eat? I see so many mixed reviews on it that it is a little confusing and overwhelming! I like the yoplait also because it cures most of my sweet tooth to. I need some advise and feedback!

Replies

• RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    i like Fage with fruit, its high in protein and it keeps me till lunch. Greek yogurt I hear is better for you, not sure why though.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i like Fage with fruit, its high in protein and it keeps me till lunch. Greek yogurt I hear is better for you, not sure why though.

Here is an article explaining why Greek yogurt is better. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/09/30/greek-yogurt-vs-regular-yogurt-which-is-more-healthful

I was a yo plait girl until I had Cobani. I never liked when I had to mix fruit but this one I can handle it. here are FAQ from their webpage: http://chobani.com/products/faq/

I would definitely try different brands because they all have different taste and texture before not having it at all.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes - Yoplait Light has artificial sweeteners & high fructose corn syrup. No, it's not the healthiest. The ingredient list is pretty long. I eat it on occasion too. Plain yogurt with natural sweetener (not too much) is the healthiest "regular" yogurt.

All greek yogurts are not the same ..... Yoplait (blech) ... Chobani (Yum). Try several brands of greek yogurt, you might find one you like.

Greek yogurt is very healthy because it has soooo much more protein than regular yogurt. Because greek is "strained" yogurt ... lots of the bitterness is removed. This means there are less carbs (at the start) and then it requires less sweetener to flavor it. So all around greek is healthier.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What kind of yogurt do you eat? I really like yoplait light the best but I hear it has lots of high fructose corn syrup in it and I don't really care for greek at all. What's the best yogurt to eat? I see so many mixed reviews on it that it is a little confusing and overwhelming! I like the yoplait also because it cures most of my sweet tooth to. I need some advise and feedback!

The kind you like.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I typically eat Greek Yogurt...Chobani to be precise. It's got more protein and a richer flavor. If I want one just for a snack though, I eat Dannon Light and Fit.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt for the non fat and high protein. If you don't like Greek I would suggest getting low fat organic yogurt. The other yogurts that are so commercialized are full of crap I can't even pronounce.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I like greek yogurt, so i eat a lot of that. but i also eat a lot of the yoplait light. i think its delicious. I don't see a problem with it. Keep eating it if you like it. its healthy.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

More protien, less sugar.

Yoplait has a greek yogurt but I've read it's not a true greek and I do see it has more sugar than Oikos, haven't compared it to the others. I personally like Oikos, and the pinapple from chibonni (sp). I will be trying Fage (honey) tomorrow.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I never ate yogurt at all until I did Jenny Craig 10 years ago and then I learned to like, then love Yoplait Lite. Sure, I know that it has high fructose corn syrup in it, but I only eat maybe three containers a week. It does satisfy my sweet tooth, so for 100 calories, I can live with that. Give me my Apricot Mango or Lemon and I'll be able to pass up on cheesecake and ice cream. We all have to compromise.
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my nutrionist said greek yogurt is healthier because it has more protein. Try some different kinds, I didn't like the first few I tried. I like Oikos the best. I usually get the Dannon Oikos and the StonyField. Also, maybe mixing some fruit with it will help.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love the Dannon Activia Light and Dannon Light and Fit. I'll be honest, I didn't look at the specific ingredients, so it may not fit your requirements. However, it is mighty tasty, like eating dessert!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had to get myself to like yogurt. I could only eat it 4 oz at a time with lots of granola but as I've gotten used to it I can do 6 oz with about 2 tbsp granola or high fiber cereal for crunch. Now I have it almost every day.
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eating Fage 0% Greek yogurt as I type. It is my absolutely favorite. I can eat it plain but I like to add a tablespoon of honey in mine. I've eaten other plain Greek yogurt and do not like it, but Fage tastes so good.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like the greek since it has less additives. I add my own fruit (or jam) at home. :D
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have started to eat YooMoo (frozen yoghurt) only 150 cal per 150g tub and soooo nice
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Chobani Non Fat Greek Yogurt. I bought 2 different kinds and today I tried the apple cinnamon. I was surprised....I really liked it. Its creamier than Yoplait or Dannon and has more protein. I have to eat up my left over Yoplait but I am going to start buying the Chobani exclusively from now on.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    onken fat free
    vanilla
    strawberry
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Big fan of Greek yogurt - Fage non-fat is my favorite, but it looks like Chobani is squeezing them out of the market. Too bad.

Non-fat Greek yogurt is pretty much straight protein, and it tastes sorta like sour cream. I throw in some frozen blueberries and a tablespoon of light chocolate syrup (when I'm feeling naughty).

I don't do much with regular yogurt, precisely because of the crazy high sugar content.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Stonyfield organic oikos greek 0% yogurt. I recently started eating the greek version. I can't quite stomach the plain, but I love honey and blueberry so far. I throw a little granola in sometimes too.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I buy the non fat unsweetened plain oikos yogurt and add my protein powder (muscle milk...chocolate)to it....loads of protein and very filling!