Yogurt??

Options

Replies

• priddy_girl
    priddy_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For my taste, Chobani is the best greek yogurt. I've tried others but found them to be too sour for my taste.
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What don't you like about greek? It's my favourite. c:
    I eat the no-fat Chobani. My favourite flavours are pomegranate, black cherry, strawberry, and blueberry.c:
    I've always hated all kinds of plain/vanilla yogurt, though.
  • SSSLLLX3
    SSSLLLX3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like greek yogurt for the texture and protein content. But greek yogurt is not fortified with vitamin D. So I also buy other kinds of 0% fat stirred yogurt with fruit. I like Yoplait Source 0%. Althought Yoplait 2% and Danone 1.5% creamy are also yummy! These are all fortified with vitamin D.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I only eat Fage 0% Plain Greek, but I usually eat it in things, like my delicious overnight refrigerator oats or as a buffalo-ranch dip for veggies (try adding minced onion, dill, garlic and onion powder, salt, and a good helping of Frank's hot--then any veggie you eat with it will be so yummy you'll wish you began dieting years ago).
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We love the Chobani too. My teenage daughter does not like yogurt but eats this stuff like it was ice cream. She likes the banana honey. I prefer the fruit flavors. It's great and the perfect size to eat after (or sometimes before) a workout.
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Trader Joe's nonfat greek yogurt - I used to only eat Chobani, but TJ's is just as good, if not better! I love thier vanilla and vanilla bean!!
  • FLGatorGrl
    FLGatorGrl Posts: 33
    Options
    I love 2% Kalona Organic Yogurt. Could never even eat yogurt before I found this brand. It has 6 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I only eat Fage 0% Plain Greek, but I usually eat it in things, like my delicious overnight refrigerator oats or as a buffalo-ranch dip for veggies (try adding minced onion, dill, garlic and onion powder, salt, and a good helping of Frank's hot--then any veggie you eat with it will be so yummy you'll wish you began dieting years ago).

oh wow that dip sounds amazing! i'm a sucker for anything with franks
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i just found chobani champions very berry yogurt! its yummy! prob bc its made for kids lol but its a smaller portion (100 cals for 3.5 oz) and its not too tart and very berrylicious!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i tried all the other greek yogurts and i love the oikos yogurt the best, vanilla or honey are super yummy with a sprinkling of granola or kashi go lean crunch
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Total 0% fat yoghurt is insanely thick and creamy. I put liquid sweetener and vanilla seeds in it and chop berries into it. Yum scrum in my tum.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this yet but I should. This is a recipe for Homemade Greek yogurt...the pic alone is enough to convince you to try it

http://www.happysimpleliving.com/2011/03/06/make-your-own-homemade-greek-yogurt/
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Oooo that does sound yummy!!!!
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We buy either Nancy's plain or Fage and make yogurt about once a week. I like to make the whole-fat (organic) milk kind because it's so rich and creamy I need just a little, but my daughter makes it with skim or 1% to reduce the calories. For some reason yogurt I make with low fat milk comes out watery.

Making it yourself cuts the cost immensely.

Heat milk (ideally organic or the freshest, least pasteurized you can find) slowly, in a double-boiler or on a heat defuser (Is that what it's called? a coil?) to 180 degrees. As my daughter has pointed out, that's when it's forming a skin and making big slow wavy bubbles on the surface. She doesn't use a thermometer. I do.

Put the pan in an ice bath until it's about 110 degrees or cooler (the temperature for a baby's bottle). I just run cold water into the sink and put the pan in there, but we live in Alaska, and things might be different elsewhere.

Mix a cup or less of the cooled milk into a small amount of leftover plain yogurt until it's smooth, then add the mixture back into the rest of the milk.

Put it into a (clean!) glass container, cover it, and into your oven with the light left on over night. In the morning, put it into your refrigerator to firm up. It will be wonderful. Sometimes I leave it longer to make it tangy-er. Then you can add vanilla to a cup or so, and spoon it over frozen berries, and the juice from the berries will provide sugar...YUM!

You always want to save half a cup to a cup of the plain yogurt for your next batch.

If you do this, you'll save money and you'll be very proud of yourself. Everyone always says, "You MADE this yogurt?" like it's rocket science or something.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    For my taste, Chobani is the best greek yogurt. I've tried others but found them to be too sour for my taste.

There are huge taste differences in greek yogurt based on the fat content. For me Fage is the best nonfat. Almost all of the 2% or lowfat greeks are universally good. Many chobani flavors default to lowfat and they are less tart. The whole milk ones are amazing.

Now that I have gone greek, regular flavored yogurt is horribly sweet to me, and I can't stomach it.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE Chobani Pineapple and Chobani Mango Greek yogurt. I usually have them in the morning with sunflower seeds and some flax. Keeps me going all morning.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup chobani non fat greek yogurt everyday...great for protein, and has all of the good cultures the body needs.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine is Fat Free Greek Yogurt. Its so yummy and versatile. i eat it with fruit and its so creamy. I substitute it for Mayo in like chicken salad and such. Its ALWAYS in the frig.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    my nutrionist said greek yogurt is healthier because it has more protein. Try some different kinds, I didn't like the first few I tried. I like Oikos the best. I usually get the Dannon Oikos and the StonyField. Also, maybe mixing some fruit with it will help.

These two are my favorite also, especially the Stonyfield Oikos caremel flavor, I can only find it in a 4 pack, but that is fine with me!! The Dannon Oikos Honey is FAB too!!!
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Chobani is yummy, but for me, yogurt just is not worth the calories. Lots of protein, but also lots of sugar.