jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I want to make this NOW...but I will wait til i get home from work. :smile:
    In a small mason jar (size comparable to a PB jar) I add in this order:

1/3 cup almond milk (you can choose between unsweetened and the chocolate; at 1/3 cup, the difference is 25 calories)
    1T unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek fat free plain yogurt
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

Close jar and shake until mixed nicely. Then add half a banana, sliced, and stir. Close jar, and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can let it chill for 2 or 3 days if you want, but this stuff is so delicious it is hard to not eat it as soon as it is ready.

For those who haven't seen overnight oats before, you may be hesitant to eat "uncooked" oats, or a oatmeal concoction served chilled. Do it once. You'll be a happier, healthier person. For people who like the idea of chocolate oatmeal, this will be better than your best imaginings.

With maximum ingredient amounts, this recipe comes in under 400 calories of healthy goodness. You can easily edit the sugar/PB2 to reduce calories to approx. 310 calories, or leave out the banana and bring the total in under 275. I recommend full amounts however. Perhaps the most delicious meal you will eat. Try it. Life will change.

Sounds great! Where can I get Chia Seeds?

Depends on where you live, but Whole Foods sells them, and many grocery stores are likely to sell them, too (again, depending on where you live). I order them online through Amazon and they come right to my door--couldn't be easier.