Iphone or Android... WHY?

Options
kaylarachellee
kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
My screen on my HTC hero just shattered.. It's about 4 years old... Time for a new phone, but is it an iphone or android?

HELP!!?

Replies

• LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love love love my iPhone. And the MFP app works great on it.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    android
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Android.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Android!!! Because too many people are on the Apple bandwagon, that's why ;)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Ha! I like the reasoning behind Android - because too many people have iPhones...

I'm one of those on the Apple bandwagon. I've had an iPhone since the first version, and have the iPhone4 now. LOVE it.

I agree that the MFP app works very, very well on it, too.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Droid Razr Maxx. My husband has an iphone and says my phone is much better.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Android! More specifically, the Samsung Galaxy SII or SII

I love my Samsung... It does everything that I want it to and more. Plus it has awesome battery life for a smartphone... I take it off it's charger at like 5 or 6 am, and it lasts me all day until I go to bed at night.. and even could last me about half a day tomorrow if I wasn't able to charge it.

Another thing: I once dropped my phone and shot it off the back of the treadmill, and it was fine.. no cracked screen or anything.
    Can't say that about an Iphone unless you have an otterbox on it.
  • rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you were happy with the Hero I'd say stick with Android esp in that the latest iPhone wasn't much of an upgrade over the 2 year old previous version. The extra screen size has been a big plus for me, went from 3.8" to 4.3" and got used to it in about ... 5 minutes.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I love my Samsung... It does everything that I want it to and more. Plus it has awesome battery life for a smartphone... I take it off it's charger at like 5 or 6 am, and it lasts me all day until I go to bed at night.. and even could last me about half a day tomorrow if I wasn't able to charge it.

Ugh, I am so jealous of your battery life! You must have AT&T, Sprint has to search for signal all the time.

That being said, Android all the way. Apple is way too protective of their software, you're stuck with stock apps for a lot of things. Like keyboards, which would kill me. Open source ftw!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I love my android (Samsung Galaxy S) No probs here...
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You should get a temporary phone til the iPhone 5 comes out in a few months
  • andreamariexo
    Options
    I currently have an iPhone, but I like androids WAY better
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    iphone Simplicity and Quality
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Ugh, I am so jealous of your battery life! You must have AT&T, Sprint has to search for signal all the time.

That being said, Android all the way. Apple is way too protective of their software, you're stuck with stock apps for a lot of things. Like keyboards, which would kill me. Open source ftw!

Nope, I have sprint too.

Secret is to keep your data turned off unless you need it.

I also live in IL(near Chicago) so my signal may be better, but I have a feeling the data plays a big part in it.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    iPhone just 'tells you' what you want=simplicity
    android lets you choose what you want=versatility

iPhone apps go thru a much more strict review policy (that's why you can't get the forums on the MFP app, the mods would have to lock more threads)

Android has less strict policies, so you have more access to controversial games.

I have also found WAY more free apps from Google Play then in Apple's App Market.

(i have experience with both platforms)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Android!!! Because too many people are on the Apple bandwagon, that's why ;)

MFP works just fine on Android, most of the apps are free and with iphone you have to pay for most of them.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Andriod...

2 reasons...

Andriod is better and can utilize flash
    Steve Jobs died, and Apple will be a *kitten* company in a few years. He was the visionary. Without him, they will die.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Andriod. Itunes sucks and you get more apps for free with Android.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Crackberry. when it dies I am getting an android phone. having played with friends Iphones and Android based phone, i like the flexibility of the androids
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Droid.