Iphone or Android... WHY?

Options

Replies

• VWilson_Momoftwinsplus1
    Options
    I currently use an iphone but i miss my android. the only perk the android had that i miss is the play-by-play navigation. of course with iphone, you have to read the directions while you drive. slight change but droid is my love!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    iPhone just 'tells you' what you want=simplicity
    android lets you choose what you want=versatility

iPhone apps go thru a much more strict review policy (that's why you can't get the forums on the MFP app, the mods would have to lock more threads)

Android has less strict policies, so you have more access to controversial games.

I have also found WAY more free apps from Google Play then in Apple's App Market.

(i have experience with both platforms)

^THIS!! We had a choice last year to go iphone or android, talked to a lot of people about which they chose and why. This was the reason we went android.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I have the iphone4S and I love it! Siri is really helpful! I've never had a droid, but all of my friends that have them complain and say they wished they'd gotten the iphone. And to the poster who said don't get on the iphone bandwagon, it seems androids have a bigger following according to this thread....
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Crackberry. when it dies I am getting an android phone. having played with friends Iphones and Android based phone, i like the flexibility of the androids

I have a Crackberry too. Can't stand it! Only a couple more months until my contract is done and I'm moving onto Android!
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Android! More specifically, the Samsung Galaxy SII or SII

This. I prefer the Android because it is more flexible than an iPhone. I considered both when I was shopping. I don't need to put in a credit card for the free apps on my Android, there are thousands of them, and there isn't really anything that my Galaxy can't do the an iPhone can. I don't have to pay a premium if I want more than 8G either because I can add an SD card to my Droid. It has a slightly bigger screen which is great for things like Netflix and surfing. That said, everyone I know with an iPhone loves it, it is a good phone.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I have had an iPhone since they came out and have updated every single time, or bought, the newer version, so I'm updated. I have always enjoyed their phones for several reasons, but not any more. I've had more problems with the iPhone(s) than I figured possible.

I haven't changed phones because I have an iMac and iPad. I absolutely love the iMac and like the iPad. The iPad was given to me, as I wasn't going to buy one until it came with an USB port. Anyway, so I have Apple products, which makes it easier for me to transfer material back and forth.

Well, I'm done with iPhone when I can update again. I'm going with the Galaxy SIII or SII Skyrocket.

Do your research and find one that's best for you.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    IPHONE!!!!

I have tried to use other peoples phones that are androids and they just annoy me.

I went from Nokia... to LG to iphone... i will never go with anything else now... i love my iphone!!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    If you have a cellphone repair store in your area, just have them replace the screen. My guy has sold cell phones for 2 to 3 years and has a cell phone repair store. Screen replacement is your most economical solution unless you are due an upgrade. If you are set on a new phone, I would say Android. Almost all of our business is replacing broken Iphone screens.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Android!!! Because too many people are on the Apple bandwagon, that's why ;)

MFP works just fine on Android, most of the apps are free and with iphone you have to pay for most of them.
    Pfffft! I have heaps of apps and haven't paid for a single one of them on my iPhone.
    I would never go back now!
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    I'll be replacing my current Android phone with...another Android phone. I'm leaning toward the HTC One at the moment.
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    Hardcore iPhone stan! I have turned so many people over to Apple. You will never go back! :)
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    get the galaxy s3!! or the htc one series (evo lte on sprint)
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    i say android. never had an iphone but i loove my android.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Droid! You have to get the best though to be comparable to the iPhone. I've had both and was only happy with the best.

Samsung Galaxy SII - Absolutely amazing.

60626_31_1.jpg
  • luv2garnets
    Options
    I love my Android! I have a Motorola Electrify.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I had an android (one version or another) for a couple years and swear up and down that I'd never cross over to the dark side and get an iphone.

Fast forward a little bit and I hopped on my boyfriends AT&T plan and got an iphone. Still fairly new to me but I don't really see what all the hype is about. It's definitely cool but it hasn't parted the red sea or anything.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Droid. More apps are free because google enjoys publishing apps and supports third party developers more then apple who cares more about income to develop more products that are very similar to previous products.
    Because the OS is better written, and because they are highly capable.

My MIL had a droid and it broke so she got the ipone with siri and HATED it. she actually took it back and exchanged it.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My android! Its has everything I need ---> optimus t
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have had an iPhone since they came out and have updated every single time, or bought, the newer version, so I'm updated. I have always enjoyed their phones for several reasons, but not any more. I've had more problems with the iPhone(s) than I figured possible.

I haven't changed phones because I have an iMac and iPad. I absolutely love the iMac and like the iPad. The iPad was given to me, as I wasn't going to buy one until it came with an USB port. Anyway, so I have Apple products, which makes it easier for me to transfer material back and forth.

Well, I'm done with iPhone when I can update again. I'm going with the Galaxy SIII or SII Skyrocket.

That's sad you are having so many issues with iPhones. You will not be dissapointed with the phones you've mentioned. I never thought I could get over the epicness of an iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy SII has proved me wrong. :)
    Do your research and find one that's best for you.
    Least there is options nowadays!
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    iPhone just 'tells you' what you want=simplicity
    android lets you choose what you want=versatility

iPhone apps go thru a much more strict review policy (that's why you can't get the forums on the MFP app, the mods would have to lock more threads)

Android has less strict policies, so you have more access to controversial games.

I have also found WAY more free apps from Google Play then in Apple's App Market.

(i have experience with both platforms)
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Android all the way!!! ... If you've got the funds, Samsung Galaxy S III is a great phone, one of the best in the Android band!