Before and After 80 pound weight loss!

Options

Replies

• silverkitten13
    Options
    Did you have stretch marks when you were bigger and did they go away when you got smaller?

i have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach but its from being pregnant twice. they are still there, just faded
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    What was your timeline? On a similar note, did you have problems with skin sag? (not to offend, I am, and I'm hoping it'll snap back)
    Ditto on this one. I'm getting to the point where I can see abs, but only if I'm looking at the right angles...
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have lots of stretch marks from being pregnant twice too, anyone have any tips to help remove them...
  • There's a lucky little girl sitting on your lap, way to go Mom!!!!!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    wow you look stunning!! well done
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    incredible work
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful transformation!

Now, about something that's come across a few times and I'm struggling with myself: stretch marks.

sadly stretch marks are forever unless you go through a more invasive procedure. I understand that nowadays it's possible to sort of operate them away, same as any other scar... Because, that's what they are: scars in your skin from growing faster than the skin can stretch. How many you have is very personal and driven purely by genetics. My mom has almost none, but I got my first ones (horizontally, on my inner thighs) during my pre-teen growth spurt, and then when I started filling out as a teenager more, the traditional vertical kind on my hips and thighs. My *kitten* looks like I'm permanently wearing a fishnet, it's just criss-crossed with stretch marks :( I haven't had any kids yet but I'm fairly sure I know what will happen once I get pregnant.

It is possible to make them fainter though, baby oil is a good start (apply to area twice per day for at least 2-3 months in a row). I got mine to fade away considerably with a product called Bio-oil - they used to have these darker ridges and then really pale inside, now the darker ridges are gone and basically if I'm not tanned, you almost can't see the stretch marks on my hips any more. But the moment I get some sun on me, you can immediately see the stretch marks again because same as any other scar, they don't tan...
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks..
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look great...congratulations on your weightloss!
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks..

you're welcome. Too bad I can't give any better news. Though, what for me personally is worse than the stretch marks is a bruise I got more than a year ago from go-carting: apparently if you hit a muscle hard enough, it can scar under the skin and leave a permanent discoloration. the size of my fist on the inside of my left calf :S Thankfully it's not dark purple any more...

You live, you learn. I am NEVER going carting again though.
  • bettyboo1982uk
    bettyboo1982uk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Well done :)
  • NurseSexy
    NurseSexy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Loozin
    Loozin Posts: 91
    Options
    Awesome job !!!

I'm looking to lose 75lbs too.
    Would love to hear more about your journey.

WELL DONE !!!

&
    Just something I noticed :
    Usually in before and after pics the Before pic is the SAD face & the After is the HAPPY face, yours is the other way around.
  • ericasmith64
    ericasmith64 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • keeperofaframer
    Options
    WOW!!! Such an amazing job!!! You look FABULOUS!!!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fantastic job!
  • samanthasuereese
    samanthasuereese Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! you look incredible!! my starting weight was 235 and i'm down to 191, can i ask what you've been doing??? My goal weight is about 135 so I know i have a long way to go! :smile: GREAT JOB!!!
  • paul1batler
    paul1batler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done ,I would not of known it was you by lo:smile: oking at the two pictures ,
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    good job well done
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!