feel really let down and disappointed :( :(

Options
13»

Replies

• avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU xxxx This is just what I needed. This has given me the determination to succeed. Sometimes it is good to feel that we are not going through this alone. I am really overwhelmed by the support I have got. I am really angry at the rude post but thanks for backing me up that it was uncalled for. One rude comment like that is enough to knock you back a few steps. i am going to look forward now xxxxxxxxx
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyzt7eR5xj1r2frdlo1_500.gif
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sorry hun ... sometimes the days are a bit slow during the weekday, I'm guessing due to work schedules.

First off, just ignore the ignorant. I think that at times people don't know how to be kind, or forget that this journey is not an easy one. Do not allow them to get on your nerves ... simply move on. I believe there is karma for each of us.

Next, find yourself some good friends on MFP. Look for those who share the same goals, or weight loss numbers, program or the like. If you have something in common, you'll easily be able to communicate more effectively!! Check the groups out, or even start one of your own!

Finally, don't ever give up. We've all had our good days and bad. When someone doesn't answer your post, look in the motivation section and the success/met my goal. Those are always inspirational, and the people who have gone through it can provide tons of support for you!! I know I have quite a few buddies that have been successful, some that are just beginning like myself, and others that are using the same kind of workout programs that I am!!

I hope you have a better day. I view each day as a new day. Someone wrote that it didn't take us a day to become overweight and get used to unhealthy habits, and it isn't going to take a day to fix them! Not to mention others added that it will be lots of hard work and dedication.

One of my favorite quotes: It's not falling down and getting up that shows courage, it's doing it over and over again until you no longer fall.

And my all time fav from someone right here on MFP (I'm so sorry, I forget who, but she had AMAZING results due to her hard work)
    "Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself - more than anything".

I have the last quote in front of my desk and reminded of it daily. Even on the bad days when I couldn't resist the pizza x 2, or just having a little bit of soda. Little changes everyday helps the most. Find out what works for you!

I started setting small mini daily goals for myself and try to meet them. Some days I'm successful and others not so much, but I never give up.

Add me as a friend, I'm always here for support. Without MFP, I wouldn't be able to do this alone! Good luck, and please don't feel like no one is listening ... sometimes it just takes a bump or two to be heard. These forums are always rolling!!
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks again everybody for your kind words and support xxx off to bed now xxx big changes tomorrow xxxx
  • 186mom
    186mom Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to help too. I feel depressed sometimes also but we just need to keep trying. Smile!!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 55 lbs. I do well for a couple of weeks then I always treat myself to something ( which I know I shouldn't ) . This throws me off track. I want to start walking again. I also do zumba and just dance on the wii. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me x

Hey, you can still reward your self, just do it with something other than food. I have my mini goals on my page. feel free to add me and you can see what i am doing.

**DONT GIVE UP** there are so many posts on here these days that you miss a lot of them.