The battle within - fat cat won again today :0(

Options
2»

Replies

• opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's why I pack my breakfast, snacks, and lunch for work. The trouble it takes the night before is better than going through the what-to-get dilemma on a daily basis.

^^ this everyday!
  • sbarbry
    sbarbry Posts: 38
    Options
    WOW, this is me everyday when I don't plan my meals....like today!. Luckly today, in the office refrigerator I had a jello cup and a red grapefruit cup, and 1oz of mixed nuts in my desk. Not the healthiest meal, but better than fast food I really craved today.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I do this EVERY DAY
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have this battle every day. Even if I have packed and brought lunch from home. Hopefully one day it will get easier.

Why can't chili cheese coney's be healthy?? I mean really, give us something good!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    All the damn time. Annoying, right?!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    DOUBLE DOUBLE! We are going to California in July - I was raised on double doubles. Probably part of why I ended up where I was. But you can bet I'm going to have in-n-out. This time I'll choose a regular cheeseburger & no fries, I don't know if I'll be able to resist the chocolate shake but I'll be planning for it. Mmmmm
  • FitRodr
    Options
    This is the story of my life. Sometimes when I open my mouth to order, the correct choice comes out. Other times, a Double Double animal style somehow slips out. It is really better for me to lug around a cooler of lunch and snack options than to even consider eating out, especially when I am really hungry.

Double - Double... I am drooling here
  • SWiel84
    SWiel84 Posts: 43
    Options
    Your thought process was so funny! I dont eat out for lunch anymore (I just bring the same thing every day all week long, next week, switch it up to something different) so I haven't had to go through that in a while... but I do know what you mean! Seems like you've done really well for yourself --CONGRATS for hitting your goal (I checked out your profile *smile*)--so it can't be all that bad! You must be doing something right!
  • FitRodr
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. I normally get off work at noon and go home to fight my battles with what I have there. But yesterday was an exception because I was at deadline and had to go back. By bad choice I mean in my head. Regular at Subway - Turkey on wheat no cheese, sweet onion sauce & lots of veggies. True the calorie difference is only 30 but I feel better when I have the sandwich. It's like the angel/devil on my shoulders. It's one meal, I got that :0) - it's the battle and how it makes me feel. As I read my post again I was smiling because it really does sound like I'm crazy LOL - BTW, I am and it's a good thing.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    it might help to plan ahead for such scenarios, but I do know Sh1t happens. I guess to make you feel a bit better next time you could do a bunch of cardio to work some of it off!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have this battle every day. Even if I have packed and brought lunch from home. Hopefully one day it will get easier.

Why can't chili cheese coney's be healthy?? I mean really, give us something good!

Why can't chinese buffet be healthy?! LOL I ask myself tht all the time. Fat tastes reallll good haha
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have a 45 minute drive to and from work everyday. I have started packing smart snacks for me on the drive so i dont get overwhelmed by hunger on the way. Protein bars, fruit (banana, apple) peanut butter, nuts. It really has helped me.
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    I loved your scenario!! And yes, we all go through this mental l battle! I had it today when I was picking up lunch from Chilis. First, I made sure to ask the hostess for the nutritional information for the whole menu, that way I could plan and see all of the numbers, and think all the exercising I would have to do stay within my calorie goal for the day. It helped some. I must admit, that I've gotten so much more disciplined and you will too. It comes with time and experience and surviving the moments when you think you've failed. I'm so proud that I can say that now, because only a short time ago, I never thought I could be where I am today. Best wishes in your journey.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ummm yes, I think this is why my husbad says that I'm obsessed. We have so many food choices and it is sooo difficult to pick the right one. If absolutely needed I've been getting the subway grilled chicken 6" with no cheese and tons of vegetables including spinach. I need some kind of dressing so I get honey mustard because it's less calories. Very filling with all the veggies. This is coming from someone who had no problems eating a foot long with mayo, bacon & cheese a few months ago.
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Sounds so familiar. I am always battling with my self and trying to rationalize getting the yummy naughty food.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Ummm yes, I think this is why my husbad says that I'm obsessed. We have so many food choices and it is sooo difficult to pick the right one. If absolutely needed I've been getting the subway grilled chicken 6" with no cheese and tons of vegetables including spinach. I need some kind of dressing so I get honey mustard because it's less calories. Very filling with all the veggies. This is coming from someone who had no problems eating a foot long with mayo, bacon & cheese a few months ago.

This thread was 3 weeks old.....Did some digging to find that one.