119 in the morning, 124 in the afternoon??

Options
Is this supposed to happen? I weigh myself in the morning and I'm 119/118 and when I weigh myself in the afternoon i'm 5 pounds heavier?? This scares me..

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to gain 5 lbs in one day unless you ate an extra 17,500 calories. It's water weight, don't worry. And don't bother weighing yourself in the afternoon.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Phew...
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Everyone always weighs less in the morning, especially when you first wake up. If I weigh myself in the morning, I'm always lighter than when I weigh myself later in the day. :)
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    are you serious? everything you eat and drink weighs something, it just doesn't disappear when you swallow it. So of course you weigh heavier at afternoon/night then in the morning. The human body can fluctuate in weight up/down up to 8-10 pounds depending on how much you eat and drink.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    The human body can fluctuate in weight up/down up to 8-10 pounds depending on how much you eat and drink.

And it does like crazy. Scaring the living hell out of me..
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    In the morning i will weight about 155 pounds, but i drink over 1.5 gallons (12 pounds of weight). That will make my weight shoot up by 12 pounds theoretically by end of the day not including food, so yes, it's impossible. And it's just 'weight' it doesn't matter how much water weight you put on, it doesn't change the way you look.
  • dhays888
    dhays888 Posts: 5
    Options
    You weigh more and are shorter in the evening than you were in the morning and your weight can fluctuate 2 to 5 pounds everyday. It's normal.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    everything you eat and drink weighs something, it just doesn't disappear when you swallow it.
    yup
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Drink one 16 oz bottle of water = 1 lb. of weight ;-)

I don't usually gain that much throughout the day, more like 1.5 to 2 lbs. But yes, it's not real weight gain.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Gravity gets stronger throughout the day.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    You weigh more and are shorter in the evening than you were in the morning and your weight can fluctuate 2 to 5 pounds everyday. It's normal.

Shorter?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to happen? I weigh myself in the morning and I'm 119/118 and when I weigh myself in the afternoon i'm 5 pounds heavier?? This scares me..

I assume you eat and drink throughout the day and the food and liquid contain sodium and are not weightless.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Shorter?
    I told you. Gravity.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    hahah yeah
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself at the same time every time (best in the am after waking up)

through the day you eat and drink and wear clothes (I hope) and all of that adds weight.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I weighed 4 lbs heavier yesterday afternoon than in the morning (had a dr appt).
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options

Shorter?

Yes, you actually DO get shorter as the day goes on. I mean, you won't shrink by a foot, but more like an inch or so.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah i shrink really bad after swimming
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's completely normal. If it makes you crazy, weigh in once a week at the same time every week. If you can handle it, just assume you can range 5+/- on any given day and any given time.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    yeah i shrink really bad after swimming

Hahahaha this is my first proper laugh all day.

I too weigh horrifically more in the afternoon. Then I try not to eat in the evening. Then I go up anyway the next morning. Then I get massively depressed. This is my life, and has been for the recent present... i hit a plateau and I am hating it.