119 in the morning, 124 in the afternoon??

Options

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    You weigh more and are shorter in the evening than you were in the morning and your weight can fluctuate 2 to 5 pounds everyday. It's normal.

Shorter?

Yes, you actually DO get shorter as the day goes on. I mean, you won't shrink by a foot, but more like an inch or so.

So if you stay up for several nights in a row will you condense down to a dense ball like a dying star?

I guess I could buy you might stoop a little but actually lose height? How?
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    Heavier and shrinkage, a double threat
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You weigh more and are shorter in the evening than you were in the morning and your weight can fluctuate 2 to 5 pounds everyday. It's normal.

Shorter?

Yes, you actually DO get shorter as the day goes on. I mean, you won't shrink by a foot, but more like an inch or so.

So if you stay up for several nights in a row will you condense down to a dense ball like a dying star?

Don't be obtuse. You just settle a little. Probably more like 1/4 inch.
  • wild_wild_life
    Options

Shorter?

Don't be obtuse. You just settle a little. Probably more like 1/4 inch.

I was always told not to settle. Ok, done being obtuse :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest, I just enjoy using the word obtuse.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* You would've need to eat 17,500 calories to gain 5 pounds, love. There's something called....fluctuation. And it happens to everyone. Whatever you DRINK or EAT is going to FLUCTUATE your weight. But it is not a REAL gain. Calm.
  • RitaMarieCB
    Options
    Your vertabrea compress a little during the day, thus you are shorter at night. :huh: Then, when you lay dow to sleep, they expand again.:bigsmile:
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    And this is why I always try to have my doctor visits first thing in the morning. :) I recently had to go to Prompt Care after work, and yes, it was disconcerting for the scale to read 5+ pounds heavier than it had that morning.

Don't let it freak you out. It happens to everyone.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

Shorter?

The longer you stand upright, the more your spine compresses. I doubt it's an inch a day, but a fraction there of, YES.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Did you eat today?! That's just weight fluctuation from your meal. If you drink 1lb of water and then step on the scale, you will see an increase. Your true weight is in the morning, after you have done to the bathroom.
  • wild_wild_life
    Options

Shorter?

The longer you stand upright, the more your spine compresses. I doubt it's an inch a day, but a fraction there of, YES.

OK, you convinced me. Shorter. And heavier. The world is a cruel place.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Save yourself a lot of stress and get on the scales no more than once a week (same time every week).
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If it is a digital scale, check if your lithium battery is low because you may need to change it. It affects readings.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself twice a day is not only unnecessary, but seems a bit unhealthy.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    lol its food and fluids.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Water weight. It's normal.
  • wild_wild_life
    Options
    Let's be honest, I just enjoy using the word obtuse.

I would think you would have plenty of opportunities around here . . .
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do yourself and everyone around you a favor. Either have someone hide your scale and let you use it once a week or throw the damn thing away.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to happen? I weigh myself in the morning and I'm 119/118 and when I weigh myself in the afternoon i'm 5 pounds heavier?? This scares me..

Weight absolutely varies, day to day, hour to hour, 16ounces of water is a pound of weight, everything you consume weighs something until it is properly digested. Don't let the scale fool u!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yeah, only weight yourself in the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom, completely naked. This allows your food to digest and be used so it's the most accurate time