Challenge Loose 20lbs in 9 weeks!

Options

Replies

• mschellep
    mschellep Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! i just started working out again last week and need to work on my nutrition.
  • Lookgreat
    Options
    I Want to join - what do I need to do - I actually have hit a plateau - :sad:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ok, I am weighing in today. Is anyone even still leading this??

I was very disappointed today with my weigh in. I did not lose a single ounce! But, trying to stay positive it means I did not gain any either. I was quite unmotivated when my week of hard work did not show anything on the scale, but I did not let it get the best of me. I went out for a run and it was wonderful. The weather was just beautiful and I went farther in my run than I usually do.

Here's to having another good week and hopefully seeing numbers move!
    I hope everyone has a great week. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Jessica - I'm in with you! I'm so glad that you didn't give up after not seeing a difference. I actually went up the past 2 weeks and I have been a little discouraged but I haven't given up. Well today I weighed in and I am down almost 3 pounds. My weigh in day is Wednesday, so I want to hold off on my actual weight loss until then. Are we posting our current weight to see if we lose 20 pounds in 9 weeks? I saw that you have a cruise in November - well my 30th birthday is October 26th, so it looks like we could be fall weight loss buddies! We both have a reason to do our best to lose during the upcoming weeks! :flowerforyou:
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jessica
    My numbers haven't moved either this week. It was a little disappointing since I've been working hard. I did lose 3 lbs in the first week so I'm going to keep up the hard work and hope that next week the numbers will start going down again. Good luck to you and keep up the hard work!!
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Thanks Lisa and Jenn!

Lisa: We should be fall weight loss buddies! I need motivation really bad right now so I can enjoy the cruise without being super self conscious. I really do not know if the OP is even on here anymore. LOL. I was going to report every Sunday any weight change. I also like to come in during the week and just post the exercise I have done and whatnot. You are welcome to join me in that.

Jenn: I am hoping to see the results from last week next week.:bigsmile: I do feel better, I just wish the numbers would reflect how I feel. There is always next week!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Jessica - that sounds great to me! I need all the motivation that I can get too! Okay - you can report your changes on Sunday and I'll do mine on Wednesday since we each already have our weigh in days! :happy: I think it's a great idea to be checking in often, how else are you going to find the motivation?

I went on a 40 minute walk with my daughter and my dog tonight. I'm also restarting Slim in 6 tomorrow (I still have 6 weeks until my goal date) I made it into the 4th week before hurting myself a few weeks ago - I totally over did it - but I love the program and I know I am seeing results from it!
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Lisa: I have never tried that program but I hear it does wonders! I also get my motivation from my hubby. He works out all the time and is in great shape so I like to keep up with him so it looks like we go together. LOL. :bigsmile: I also just went to a wedding and I keep those pictures even tho I want to delete them so I can look at them when I don't want to go workout. Those pictures are always good motivators for me. :laugh: :laugh:

I have been running because I always see good results with that, but I started to run outside and it is killing my shins! It is really like on the side of my shin. I have never had it hurt this bad and it is started to annoy me. I push thru the pain and still run but I am afraid that I am doing more damage in the long run. I ran 20 minutes today and had to walk the rest because it was hurting so bad.

I also trade days that I do abs and back, then legs and arms. I am not heavy into weights but I like to use weights when I do my abs because I like the results. I usually wear-out a muscle group and let it rest for the next day so it can recoup.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I hear ya! My hubby has been working out with me (granted I have lots more to lose) so I understand that motivation. We are hoping to try for another baby later this year too - see I've got every reason to stay motivated.

It sounds like you may be getting shin splints. That happened to me earlier this year. Have you bought a new pair of running shoes within the last 6 months? Also make sure to stretch really well both before and after you run. I know it hurt like heck when I got them I didn't know about the shoes. I bought a new pair and took a couple of days off and they've been fine ever since.

I got up at 5:40 this morning and did my workout. Slim and Limber (stretching) and Start it up (aka sweat my *kitten* off...lol)

When are you going on your cruise?
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight in the last 2 weeks. But I didn't gain either.! so that's a plus.
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Lisa: Our cruise is over thanksgiving week so I have a little more than 2 months. I do not plan to lose it all by then, but I would like to lose some of my weight by then! :tongue:
    I think I do have some type of shin splints. I did just buy a pair of shoes. It just started since I started running outside. I am going to take the next two days off (They are my days off for the week anyways) and then make sure I stretch a lot before and after from now on. I hope it helps!
    Good job on waking up early to go work out too! Sweating is gross, but I always love to do it while working out!

SIlver: I am right there with you from last week. I am just trying to make the scale move this weigh in! Good luck!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. 20 lbs in 9 weeks sounds fantastic. Logging on,what I eat helps me stay honest. June will be my 20 th anniversary, I would love to be fitter and healthier. My goal from 132 to 115 the way I was 2 years ago.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Silver - I actually went up for 2 weeks, so try and stay on point and the results will pay off! :flowerforyou:

Gnastro - the more the merrier! I just joined in on the 9 weeks yesterday! We can do this - let's lose 20 pounds of baggage and feel better about ourselves!

Jessica - I think the 2 days off will do you lots of good. I recommend trying to get in some good stretching though to help the shin splints out. I really don't know much about them, other than they hurt like He!! You have a full extra 4 weeks after my goal date, so I know you'll hit your 20 pound loss. You can do it girl! :drinker:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Starting weight Sept.8 - 133.5 lbs.
    sept. 15 -
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    welcome gnastro! 20 years is so great! I can't wait until I am celebrating those big milestone anniversaries with my hubby!

Lisa: I am about to be at TOM and feeling even more bloated than ever. I hate these days where I just feel like a flat blob! LOL. My legs feel a little better and I am trying to keep them stretched. I will be able to let you know after I run again on Thursday!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Gnastro - I meant to comment on your 20 year anniversary too - that's wonderful! And nowadays that's quite an accomplishment! :flowerforyou:

Jessica - I hear ya girl. My TOM started yesterday and I'm not feeling the greatest, but I did get my workout in. I've been gaining weight the past two weigh ins and I finally think this week is going to be a great weigh in for me. I can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow! :happy: I think I'm going to be down from 161.4 last Wednesday to 157-ish this week. It was hard to get through my 2 weeks of gaining, but I'm glad I didn't give up because now it's paying off!

How long have you been married? We just celebrated our 8th anniversary in June (been together 13 years)
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Lisa - we are not quite there yet! We will be married 3 years in November and together 4.5 years. The cruise is like a mix of anniversary, late grad present for him and early one for me. LOL. I know weight gain is so rough to take when you are trying so hard to lose. I'm glad Biggest Loser came back on so I can stay motivated but watching all of them shrink before my eyes. :tongue: Good luck tomorrow at you weigh in and make sure to tell me all about it!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hey Jessica - I am so super excited today! I'm down to 157. A loss of -4.4 since last Wednesday. Woohoo! All that and it's my TOM....I couldn't be any happier today! I am totally convinced that we can kick butt on this 9 week challenge. What are using as the starting date for the challenge?

How are you doing today? Where are you going on your cruise? Is it just going to be the two of you going or are friends/family going too?
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Today is the weigh in day for my other thread and I haven't lost or gained anything yet. And TOM is due pretty much anytime this week.
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Lisa: CONGRATS!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: That is so awesome. I would love to have a weigh in like that!

My start day is 9/6 because it is a Sunday and that is the day I weigh in. My day was ok. I was at a middle school all day (I am in school to become a teacher.) and it was a little tiring. LOL. I have to be there a while day every Wednesday until Thanksgiving. I did not really have any time to eat while there so I have to make up my veggies tonight!
    We are taking a European cruise to parts of Italy (Rome and Naples) and Paris and we port out of Spain. I cannot wait! It is just the two of us, but we got a deal with another couple of couples. We will do some things with them, but we aren't actually there with them.
    So... what are you going to do when you see your man?

Silver: Don't worry.. I am a little worried about my weigh in this weekend because of TOM. Blah. :sick: