Husbands that sabotage.

Options
How am I supposed to feel when my husband comes home from work, and I find out that he had McDonalds for breakfast and Taco Bell for lunch, and he's still too full to eat the dinner he asked me to prepare!? WTF. How am I supposed to feel? What am I even supposed to say to that? I'm so angry right now that I'm tempted to throw this food in his face.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :angry:

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :grumble: hmmmmph!

me, i would package it up for lunches for myself for the week, and when he decides he's hungry tell him he's on own to figure out what to eat...but that's just me :bigsmile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :grumble: hmmmmph!

me, i would package it up for lunches for myself for the week, and when he decides he's hungry tell him he's on own to figure out what to eat...but that's just me :bigsmile:

I agree. You've got yourself tomorrow's dinner or lunch! Nice!
  • sarahfaisalak
    Options
    hey....
    Dont feel bad...mcdonalds and taco bell....think this way let him eat ..........now and you eat your healthy snacks..and loose weight..there will be time when he needs to diet and you can adjust some of mcdonald and tac bell so think in a long run dear....and dont be mad.....

you are doing just fine.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    We are not responsible for any one else's actions, we are responsible for our reactions. He is your husband, just freeze it, the next time he is hungry, microwave it and give it to him!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Tell him since he can find his breakfast , and his lunch, then why not keep going and make his own dinner?
    my DH is on his own, if he doesnt want to eat what I make, your on your own. I Am not a chef.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    He probably didn't realize that he'd be full. I don't know...I don't think I'd get so angry about it. Sorry.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'd package it up to be meals for the next couple of days. and let him figure it out on his own.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I wish husband's were more supportive. I think I have it easier than the married women because it's just my daughter and I - you married women doing this - you are my heros. I can't imagine trying this with my ex husband. He was never supportive of my weight loss when we were married. He's totally supportive with his new wife - they go to the gym together and coach sports - it's shocking!

I sympathize. I think I would take a run around the time he got home the next night and he could be home alone starving for dinner with a note saying dinner is in the frig and he can warm it up. Maybe he would be a little more appreciative of your efforts when he gets off of work the next day. I'm sure that's not the best thing to do but sure would make him think. Sometimes just thinking of doing these kinds of things makes me feel better. Maybe he just doesn't get it. Talk to him when you are calm and let him know how it makes you feel and that you more support from him.
  • HeidiS85
    Options
    I know how you feel...the main thing that makes me angry in situations like that is that he didn't even consider dinner when he was making all those fast food choices. If i know i'm having a specific dinner that night, i'll work my other meals around that during the day. buuuut we are women, and we def think much different than men. mine will eat doughnuts about an hour before dinner and i'll make sure to stare him down when we're eating...just to make sure he eats everything i made for him, haha. Good Luck!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    He probably didn't realize that he'd be full. I don't know...I don't think I'd get so angry about it. Sorry.

I agree with that statement. Most of the time guys don't really think ahead. They think in the moment and don't really think that they may not be hungry for dinner if they eat lunch now. I would keep it for yourself for lunch and dinner tomorrow or give it him for dinner tomorrow like everyone else said. Its not that big of a deal, its just food :) Thank god for fridges and freezers!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I agree with that statement. Most of the time guys don't really think ahead. They think in the moment and don't really think that they may not be hungry for dinner if they eat lunch now. I would keep it for yourself for lunch and dinner tomorrow or give it him for dinner tomorrow like everyone else said. Its not that big of a deal, its just food :) Thank god for fridges and freezers!!

Yup, I totally agree with with this advice, and with Brenda's. (the OTHER Brenda that is! :laugh: ) :smile:
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all you answers! Thing is, though, that he specifically asked me to make him this specific meal for dinner tonight, so I spent a good hour preparing it. AND he had agreed to clean up his diet LAST NIGHT and that he would no longer eat garbage. I want to go all Kate Gosselin on his *kitten*, but I'm just keeping it in right now. Argh.:angry:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Umm I would tell him to go *kitten* himself.

But then again I'm not married.

There's no need to discuss his fat *kitten* eating habits. Tell him to stop wasting your family's money on fast food when he could make himself a sandwich everyday. And tell him to have respect for his wife by either eating the dinner you prepare or having the decency to tell you he's too hungry so you can jsut fix yourself a salad.
  • orlandofatty1
    Options
    I agree with most of the other posters here, too...let him get his own dinner, since he's so smart he can get breakfast and lunch out. Mine does that crap ALL THE TIME; I keep telling him I worry about his health (fast food all the time, cholesterol, heart probs, etc) but it just doesn't sink in. I make healthy stuff, and try to have him eat it, but I know he eats junk all the time otherwise :angry:

My husband goes a step farther and brings me donuts or chips and tells me not to lose TOO much weight...like he wants me big. I don't know why!! I feel gross but he says I'm just fine the way I am. Maybe insecure that I'd get looks from other guys once I lose all this weight? (I'm about 30 to 40lbs over).

Anyways, just cook what you can for yourself, freeze it, take it for lunch, save yourself all that time during the week if he's going to be inconsiderate.

Good luck!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I get angry like that I write it down and put it away. It gets it out, and doesnt start WWIII
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

I agree big deal if he wants to eat junk let him..I know he's your hubby but you doing this for you not NOBODY else but YOU..when he start seeing the changes he'll get his act togather if not then some people arent meant to change ya know keep ya chin up:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    My husband does the same thing, but now he knows better. He at least try to eat a little bit after I spoke to him about the example he's setting for the kids. When he knows he's going to have a big lunch he tells me not to cook that night or make something light.
  • jenniferray526
    Options
    Hi to everyone,

I think if it were me I would tell him, don't ask me to make something for you then tell me you don't want it. That would be the last time I made anything for him !! Also, don't let your husband tell you not to lose TOO much weight. If it were me, I would be busting it harder to lose it if he said that to me. You are in control of your body and if you have the want and desire to lose weight, then don't let anyone or anything stop you. You are probably right, you will get looks from other men when you lose weight and if he can't handle it, then maybe he needs a class on how to be secure in a relationship. You GO GIRL !!
  • jenniferray526
    Options
    Yes... it is all about the communication !!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Since we're all giving our opinions, I'll add my two cents!! lol!!

It can be really hurtful when we go the extra mile for a loved one and it isn't appreciated. In fact, in this instance, it feels outright disrespectful! However, I think you should just talk to your hubby about it. You married him for a reason, so keep that in mind when you get so angry. Jeannie suggested writing it all down; I agree with that! Let the paper get your anger, and then talk to him about it when you no longer have all that fire waiting to explode from every orifice of your body! lol!! Don't try to manipulate or control him; no one likes that. Let him make his own choices, but let him know that if he wants something special, like the dinner you lovingly prepared for him, that he needs to respect your time and effort by not eating out.

Hugsssssssssssssss!!