MFP Spitfires Cycling Club Week 10!!!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Anybody home? :laugh: Well, still don't have a new odometer, but I put in a lot of hours this week. I'm estimating 95-100miles. I've done enough time on my trainer to feel confident that I'm at least within +/-5 miles in my estimation. Wish I could get outside, but it was 9 degrees here yesterday morning :tongue:

Happy pedling, everyone!!! :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Estimating again... Around 80m this week.

Jax! You rode this week! Where are you? Every mile counts :happy:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sorry .... i'm here and i rode 11.6miles this week for the first time since november and boy did it feel GREAT!!!!!!!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Estimating again. 60-70m :smile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Slow week. Around 40m :smile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Just keeping this going... Only about 40m this week. Concentrating more on strength training.

Anyone still there? :wink:
  • Jax67
    Options
    I'm still looking in but haven't been out on the bike.

I am off work on Thurs and Fri so i'm hoping the weather will be kind and i can get out, i've only got 48 miles to go to hit my 500 mile target, i was hoping to have acheived it way before now - bloody weather!! lol

Have a good week x
  • Jax67
    Options
    Hey Skywalker - and anyone else who is still here, i rode 23 miles today, and OMG!! it was hard work!! lol

But i feel great, it was wonderful to get out there again and it was with a couple of friends which made it all the more enjoyable :happy:

Jax x
  • skywalker
    Options
    Good or you, Jax!!!. About 40m for me for the week.
  • skywalker
    Options
    :ohwell: Ooops! Forgot to check in over the weekend. Had an extremely stressful week and only got in about 20 miles. Just one ride.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Only about 15 miles this week :tongue: Lots of strength training though.:smile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in, possibly for the last time, since no one else seems interested in keeping this going (Jax excepted :smile: ). 92miles this week.
  • Jax67
    Options
    92 miles!!
    Wow! :drinker: :drinker:
    Having only done that amount once whilst on holiday i think you are awesome!!

Keep it up my friend :happy: x
  • skywalker
    Options
    Thanks Jax!!! :happy:
  • Jax67
    Options
    19 miles for me this week!! :happy:

6 miles to go to hit my target!!! :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Great job, Jax!!! :drinker:
  • Jax67
    Options
    39 miles for me this week - 23 of them today!! :happy:

I spent 3 hours cycling around our local reservoir, it's beautiful there and the weather today was lovely, sunny but still cool enough that i wasn't uncomfortable.

I did treat myself to and icecream and then fish and chips for tea but i still have 1800 calories to eat up!! Somehow i don't think i'm going to get there!! lol
  • skywalker
    Options
    I guess we're the only ones left here, Jax. :laugh: Great job! About the same mileage for me this week. Did lots of walking and strength training. Gotta keep changing things up :drinker:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm still here on mfp just haven't been riding cause its too darn cold... Its my running season too but once the weather gets better I plan on getting back on my bike about once a week, hopefully within the next couple weeks the weather will be nice, I can't wait!!! I hope I remember how to ride haha Hope everyone is doing well... my dad and uncle are doing a fun ride next week called the "Zin Spin" ... it tours a bunch of local wineries and then ends with wine tasting and such so thats kind of cool... I think its 62 miles.. I would be doing it but I'll be out of town and who am I kidding I haven't been riding enough to do 62 miles at the drop of a hat! lol

~Leash :heart:
  • Jax67
    Options
    Hey Leash, glad to see you're still around - hope the better weather hurrys up for you :happy:

I did rubbish this week - 3.5 miles :noway:

Must try harder! I don't have any excuses, the weather here is lovely at the mo.