Picture of my legs ( you're warned! ) what exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Run.

You won't believe the difference in not so much time. :wink:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    First, let me say that your legs look perfectly fine. Second, I have found that jogging really helped mine. I still have a little excess flab on the upper thigh part, but my legs are probably the fittest part of my body. Now, if only my stomach would get the memo!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    My legs are in my profile picture. They're also my favorite body part.

A) Genetics play a big role.
    B) Squats and lunges work wonders
    C) Running - not a huge fan of it, but I play running sports (including Aussie Rules Football, rugby and soccer) and I run sprints, or hills or stairs to take my mind off the fact that I am actually running.

Good luck.
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I know how you are feeling, I have the SAME legs..... I have a hard time loosing weight on my legs.... but Insanity has helped them a TON!!!!! Alot of Cardio and squats has helped me, I still have horrible problem areas, MY FAT KNEES, I hate them! But I know over time they will go away..... Cardio cardio! :)
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Your eyes may be fooling you. A measuring tape is my best friend when it comes to seeing results. I STILL have "bumps" on my inner thigh, but I've still lost inches there...
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    First of all, I agree with all the posters that say your legs don't look terrible. Sometimes what we think we see isn't accurate at all.

One way to correct your form when doing squats is to start with a front squat--put a broom stick (or an empty barbell if you have one) across your shoulders (under your chin, but so the bar lies on your shoulders), cross your arms in front (think of like a genie) so each hand touches the handle on the opposite shoulder and sink down into your squat. Stick your butt way out behind you and think of bringing your butt to your heels and not your chest to your knees. Head up, shoulders up, chest up. Start slowly, slowly, slowly and don't go deep at first, let your body feel the changes. Just start by slightly bending your knees and work it from there. If you have a mirror or even the reflection of the TV or a window can help you correct your form.

Don't stop trying!
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would try Jillian Michael's Killer Buns & Thighs. I startd it once but never finished but my legs definetly felt it. I want to start it again soon. Also walking/running might help.
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    Cycling is pretty much the best thing you can do for your legs. If you want the best possible workout you need to do about 60-90 seconds super-high-resistance (tones up the muscles) followed by about 5 minutes of low-resistance, high-speed. I cycled for an hour a day every day for 13 years (started when I was 5), uphill and flat, and people always told me I had the best legs they'd ever seen.

Course, then I went to college and RUINED it, but hey! What works, works!
  • colpol1
    colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yay, glad to see so many replies!
    You guys are really helpful, thank you for all the advice given, especially with the helping with squats! Need to prove to my boyfriend I can do it =p
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Dear Squats,

I love you...

Yours Truly :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Dear Squats,

I love you...

:drinker:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Dear Squats,

I love you...

this guy is the bomb. listen to him.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Squats, Lunges, etc will help tone them, but you may always have thick legs. Nothing wrong with that at all, thick legs are much sexier than skinny little stick legs any day.

Genetics may play a role in it as well. Granted I'm a man, so it's more "acceptable" but I have huge thighs that I got from my Dad. Even when I don't work out they are huge and cut, a light flex and I can see every muscle group in my thighs...my 2 1/2 year old son is the same way....and I'm not joking. At 2.5 years old you can see the muscles in his legs and they are easily 2x larger than my friend's son who is the same age.
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    squats are, and always will be the best leg exercise option

in my honest opinion, squats > running

depending on how much you are overweight i would stay away from running, most individuals lack proper form and just end up putting a lot of pressure on the joints and ultimately speeding up energy. Treadmill = bad. Stationary bike, elliptical = your best friend.

and squats are proven to help strengthen your knees anyway, if going to proper depth that is

I really want to do squats, but I try and fail each time..I always seem to bend my back as I go down and cant keep it straight, is it still okay to do them like that?
    The best way to start off is to stand with your back against a wall and just squat your body wieght. it will help you keep it straight.