This Magic Mike.....

Options
Squidgeypaws007
Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
Following a friend of mine's post on this Magic Mike film, I got to thinking (no, I really have nothing better to be doing). What is the difference between a male and a female stripper? (yes smartarse, I know one has a penis and the other doesn't) but more in terms of society......is it more ok for a male to be a stripper? Is it less "seedy"? Are men more happy with a lifestyle choice like that?

So: Is society more accepting of male strippers? Discuss.

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo grossed out by male strippers, I just find preening around on stage for attention & $ the absolute opposite of masculine.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sweeping statement alert!

I think the difference is down to the attitude of audience. Men go to get turned on, women go to have a laugh with their friends. And here in the UK the male strippers don't tend to get their willys out. Against the law you know.:laugh:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Lol, I'm UK based and I didn't know that ;) I shall have to watch getting my willy out in public.....

Can US strippers get their willies out?? That's kind of....eww, lol.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    I am sooooo grossed out by male strippers, I just find preening around on stage for attention & $ the absolute opposite of masculine.

So their attitudes or their bodies?

And would you ever consider being a stripper? How many men would choose to strip I wonder.....men....??
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It's not thier bodies, in a different situation I'm sure they are attractive guys. It's the whole premis and attitude. I don't find it sexy at all. I find it almost embarrassing.

I would not strip personally though I see nothing wrong with it for either sex, I just am not turned on by it in the least.
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with HartJames... It's completely unattractive to me to see a male stripper prancing around on stage. Yes, he may be very buff, etc. but it's just not my thing. Now staying with the topic, I think female strippers are looked down upon way more than male strippers, because female stripping is far more common.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    If the male stripper happened to be Matthew McConaughey or Channing Tatum, he could shake his dipstick in my face allllllllll dayyyyyyyy lonnnnnngggggggggg.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    If the male stripper happened to be Matthew McConaughey or Channing Tatum, he could shake his dipstick in my face allllllllll dayyyyyyyy lonnnnnngggggggggg.

loooool!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    I totally agree with HartJames... It's completely unattractive to me to see a male stripper prancing around on stage. Yes, he may be very buff, etc. but it's just not my thing. Now staying with the topic, I think female strippers are looked down upon way more than male strippers, because female stripping is far more common.

Do you think it's because it's more common? Or because we live in a patriarchal society? And do you think the views on strippers are changing?
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options

YES!!!!! lmao
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Having worked in a beer and shot speed bar..we would have male strippers in there about every 3 months. Most of them are gay, ladies. I still can't get the image out of my head of the one time I went into the bathroom and saw 2 of them using a penis pump before their set...............
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ^^^^I was going to say that. all the male strippers tht I know are gay (or bi with a partiality towards men).
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I've been to a male strip show...something similar to Thunder From Down Under...I had buff, sexy, damn near naked guys sit on my lap...lay on me and drag me up on stage to be flung about.

I hope they come back to Reno soon :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I think the main difference would be presentation. Haha, a woman can be sleek and sexy, gyrating and caressing a pole. Men pretty much have one move: Wiggle. I personally have no interest in seeing a penis flop in the wind. If I did, I'd ask my husband do to naked jumping jacks to the bumping beat of a Benny Benassi song.

There's no air of mystery when a guy is dancing. There's no anticipation. It seems rough and rushed. And hey, if I wanted that, I'd still be with my ex.
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know it was about a male stripper??? I was wondering what all the hub bub was. I' m way outta the loop!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    Kind of depends on the attitude of the stripper too (of either sex). Do they enjoy what they are doing and make an attempt to make it an expression, or are they just there to shake it.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    strippers make me giggle... I can't take them seriously (men or women)
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's hard to take either seriously. At my old job, when my boss left, they threw a party that headed to a strip club (women stripping). I went along for the ride... and as a joke a friend paid one of the female strippers to do a lap dance for me. Hilarious, and I couldn't stop giggling the whole time!

I didn't find that or watching guys dance at all stimulating just AWESOME people watching. Men are visually stimulated though so it works for them...

Now if a guy I was with was offering a PERSONAL show... that's different :bigsmile:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this statement!! No wonder we are friends on MFP!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

yup