This Magic Mike.....

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Following a friend of mine's post on this Magic Mike film, I got to thinking (no, I really have nothing better to be doing). What is the difference between a male and a female stripper? (yes smartarse, I know one has a penis and the other doesn't) but more in terms of society......is it more ok for a male to be a stripper? Is it less "seedy"? Are men more happy with a lifestyle choice like that?

So: Is society more accepting of male strippers? Discuss.

You're getting all philosophic here!

I think there is less stigma on male strippers than female more because a novelty thing when it's men.

Personally, I'm not attracted to that kind of thing at all. And having had friends who were female strippers, I don't judge them, either. I do know they all had to take drugs just to get on the stage, though, which is awful and sad, so I'd never encourage it as a profession.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Sweeping statement alert!

I think the difference is down to the attitude of audience. Men go to get turned on, women go to have a laugh with their friends. And here in the UK the male strippers don't tend to get their willys out. Against the law you know.:laugh:

exactly and here in the US, for the most part, also whipping "it" out is not allowed, lol. Definitely fun for a good laugh with girlfriends.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If the male stripper happened to be Matthew McConaughey or Channing Tatum, he could shake his dipstick in my face allllllllll dayyyyyyyy lonnnnnngggggggggg.

Amen!!
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If the male stripper happened to be Matthew McConaughey or Channing Tatum, he could shake his dipstick in my face allllllllll dayyyyyyyy lonnnnnngggggggggg.

hehehehehhehe :laugh:
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Damn skippy :wink:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options

I SECOND THAT!!!!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I think society finds it more acceptable.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

I agree
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm UK based and I didn't know that ;) I shall have to watch getting my willy out in public.....

Can US strippers get their willies out?? That's kind of....eww, lol.

I don't think so.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Ok I will fully admit it, I saw Thunder From Down Under when I went to Vegas. It was a birthday gift and here's my opinion. When you go to see women strip, they DO things and crawl all over the guys naked and stuff and if they notice a guy is getting turned on they practically rub themselves all over him. Plus "private" dances and stuff...ewww. So I'm not thrilled with them at all.

Now when I saw the male strippers one, they did not go fully nude. Most I saw was a naked butt, which somehow ended up in front of my LOL. And that was amazingly fine by me that it was all I saw as I was like omg please tell me they don't take off all of their clothes. But there was no "private" dances, no rubbing, no nothing. It was a bunch of guys dancing to songs in their thongs.

So to me male stripping isn't that bad. It's more fun, not much you have to worry about. Granted I know there are male strippers out there that go all the way with everything, but I don't know when I hear someone say hey I got the girls together and saw some male strippers I'm ok with it, but when guys go hey let's go to the strip club its like O.o....no. I guess because you hear more about how the females are arrested for prostitution and drugs and shootings at those clubs, where with the male strippers you don't.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    magic_mike615x422.jpg

This movie cannot come out fast enough!!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I've been to a male strip show...something similar to Thunder From Down Under...I had buff, sexy, damn near naked guys sit on my lap...lay on me and drag me up on stage to be flung about.

I hope they come back to Reno soon :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

AMEN TO THAT!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I think the difference is down to the attitude of audience. Men go to get turned on, women go to have a laugh with their friends.

I think this is a large part of it. I have a huge respect for strippers of both sexes. It's not exactly the ideal job...
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options

^this

Personally, I don't have a problem with strippers. It's their occupation and it's an easy way to make a lot of money. Obviously there is a market for it and it's pretty great entertainment (male or female). Would I ever date one, absolutely not...solely my own preference.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Today's heat has me more hot and bothered than a lonely housewife reading Fifty Shades of Gray at a Magic Mike screening.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    magic_mike615x422.jpg

This movie cannot come out fast enough!!

Whoa I just realized he has a gray tie on..............Hmmm..maybe Magic Mike is secretly Mr. Fifty Shades hehehehe.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    great work, if you can get it
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have known several of both sexes.
    None were living well, and their lives off stage were pathetic. There were drugs, disease, broken relationships, neglected kids and suicide.
    Much of what seems nice to the eyes gets ugly fast up close.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I dated a male stripper waaaaay back in the day. I very much approve of them!!!!

And, yes, I'm dying for Magic Mike to come out on FRIDAY!!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Sweeping statement alert!

I think the difference is down to the attitude of audience. Men go to get turned on, women go to have a laugh with their friends. And here in the UK the male strippers don't tend to get their willys out. Against the law you know.:laugh:

Say it's not so...I saw the Full Monty. :sad: