Two Hundred Sit-ups Challenge - August 31

Options

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Did my initial trial... only 8 situps :(
    All this running and I think I've pretty much ignored my core muscles. Need to rectify that.
  • denitchy
    Options
    I did the test and got to 40. I had hoped to be in the right column, but I will just have to work my way there!

Question- is anyone doing this in addition to one of the other challenges? IE- the push ups or squats? I think I am going to do at least two of them during the same six weeks and was wondering if there were any thoughts from someone who may have done that.

I am doing the push-ups in addition to these. My Day 1 is actually today because I had to do the test first.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Silly "initial test" for your health.... :bigsmile:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey all!! :flowerforyou:

day 1 down!! hope i'm in the right column...lol i'm in the 11-20 section so did 40. made it thru!!

keeep up the good work every one!:flowerforyou:
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to look at the link yet. But I did 200 yesterday & 200 today. I know it doesn;t start out that high, but it is at that number that I feel it the next day. I dont just do crunches, I do leg lifts, oblique cruches etc. I like to do abs everyday, so my goal is 200 a day. Keep crunching...and we will all be ripped before we know it.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well did my initial test and am starting on week 1 in the right column. I love the feeling af my abs being a little sore from a workout(wierd I know) so I'm looking forward to this! :flowerforyou:
  • denitchy
    Options
    Well did my initial test and am starting on week 1 in the right column. I love the feeling af my abs being a little sore from a workout(wierd I know) so I'm looking forward to this! :flowerforyou:

I love that feeling too!!:bigsmile:
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I did my Day 1 today. I was doing great until the end of the last set- I finished, but I was feeling the burn! I find that having some good music going helps. :smokin:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I started this today & loved it. I started right column & it was also suggested week 3... I still started week 1. For some reason, I have always been able to do sit-ups.

I also started the squats! Now there's some burn.
  • denitchy
    Options
    I started this today & loved it. I started right column & it was also suggested week 3... I still started week 1. For some reason, I have always been able to do sit-ups.

I've always been able to do sit-ups too, so I started the right column (should have been week 3 also)...
    I think I will incorporate the squats on my rest days...that would be today! lol :bigsmile:
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got my 200 situps in today. I know I should take a rest day, but I am not too sore so I am going to keep doing it every day. Maybe it is the rebel in me. I think I might start the squat challenge on Sunday or Monday. I have a 13 mile runs saturday & I dont want to be sore for that.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I've always been able to do sit-ups too, so I started the right column (should have been week 3 also)...
    I think I will incorporate the squats on my rest days...that would be today! lol :bigsmile:

After starting Couch-to-5k & both sit-ups & squats challenge... I felt surprisingly good this morning. Sometime around early afternoon, I went to the little girl's room and boy did my thighs burn sitting down... well & standing up. :laugh: Needless to say, I think the burn from the squats went into high gear. Wearing 4" heels today probably added to it.
  • ClassiC
    Options
    day 2 down!!!!!

got in all 54!!!!! then turns out in my gym class we were doing an ab circuit tonight - can u say overtime! lol.... that wasnt so much crunches tho, more upper level/lower level planks, leg lifts, etc but a lil sore! lol.... woot!!!!!

keep up the great work everyone!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wk 1 day 2 done yesterday! :wink: Not feeling to bad..the pushups are worse for me.
  • denitchy
    Options
    Wk 1 day 2 done yesterday! :wink: Not feeling to bad..the pushups are worse for me.

I did wk 1 day 2 this morning...:flowerforyou: I agree... pushups kick my *kitten*!! :laugh:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    About to do week 1 day 2 today and then move right on to day 3 tomorrow. Yesterday I went to "boot camp" at the YMCA and couldn't move afterwards, let alone do a sit up! :wink:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    thanks for the hook-up I went to the site and signed up
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 1 is in the bag as of yesterday, sorry for not posting sooner!

I can't believe how much harder situps are than crunches, I'd completely forgotten. My core hurts, but in a good and very necessary way.
  • ClassiC
    Options
    week 1 day 3 down! :drinker:

keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • denitchy
    Options
    When I cough, I feel the tenderness in my belly!!! LOVE LOVE IT!! :tongue: :laugh: