SEXY WORKOUT CLOTHES

Options

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Holy moley! Only women would care about looking sexy during a workout. I use the oldest and ugliest T-shirts, shorts, and socks I have to work out. And they never match.

Why sweat into nice, expensive clothes????

Why does it matter what she wants to wear, if you're not going to give her suggestions then you don't need to say anything. Don't rain on her parade.

Exactly! Plus sweat washes out!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret carries a bigger variety of workout clothes in stores now & I get all my cute sport bras and spandex shorts from TJ Maxx.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Holy moley! Only women would care about looking sexy during a workout. I use the oldest and ugliest T-shirts, shorts, and socks I have to work out. And they never match.

It's a personal choice.
    If a lady has worked hard and has the body to pull it off, go for it :drinker:

Most would just look absurd wearing such outfits; they were made to compliment a nice body, and one of the benefits of having it is flaunting it.

ENJOY!

i probably fall into the absurd category now.:laugh:

but honestly i find the "sexy" compression gear is essential to my weight lifting. I work close to my maximum so the snugginess of the clothes helps with my form and also helps with recovery. i suppose it's related to why competitive power lifters need to wear those extra tight singlets .

now that i've lost a bit of weight and my compression stuff is less compressive, i'm definitely feeling DOMS more than I did than when I first started cramming myself into those things.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    With me it is more about body confidence.I am no longer ashamed of my shape. I am at the point where I want to get out of my scruffy, baggy, oversized tops and pants that I wore to hide my flab and wear something more sporty and modern.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    With me it is more about body confidence.I am no longer ashamed of my shape. I am at the point where I want to get out of my scruffy, baggy, oversized tops and pants that I wore to hide my flab and wear something more sporty and modern.

there's also that...

plus it's a little addictive to watch your muscles work in the mirror as you do stuff. i can totally see why musclehead guys flex in the mirror
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options

plus it's a little addictive to watch your muscles work in the mirror as you do stuff. i can totally see why musclehead guys flex in the mirror

lol
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree that showing a little skin can be a motivator. It also helps keep you cool. :smile:

Most of my workout clothes are nothing special, but I did just buy a pair of shorts that are shorter than any others that I've had since college. I bought them because they were made of the material that wicks sweat so I wouldn't get swampy during softball, but the shortness of them looks cute too. I got them at Target.

I used to think it was silly to buy expensive workout clothes, but it does help to have clothes that wick sweat away, hold in the jiggly bits, and stretch when you move. My sports bras are a perfect example of how spending a little dough can make you move a lot more. (They aren't sexy though...)
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9.com....they also have the best sports bra's ever!!!....pricey....but nothing moves!
    :laugh:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

there's also that...

This is so true. There are mirrors all around my gym and at first I couldn't bear to look. But now I can see my muscles flexing and the definition coming and it spurs me on to do more and work harder.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Mika yogawear is pretty damn sexy, too.
    Usually every brand has a few ultra sexy pieces.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try Lucy.com, Athleta.com. And of course Old Navy, Kohls and Gap actually (if you can find one with a Gap Body, or just go online.). They tend to go in waves, I've got quite a few fun workout tops from there, but they have been on a tank top kick for about a year now. The minute I found tops that fit, I started loading up.

If you are in Canada or NYC, try Joe Fresh. They had the cutest stuff. I was so jealous that we don't have one here.

Oh and some H&Ms have workout clothing too. About Old Navy prices. I have seen stuff in about 3 local H&Ms. Tanks, sports bras and tops.

** I can't handle working out in t-shirts. I just get way too hot. I prefer to get the "techno fabrics" so they can wick sweat and I don't feel so hot.
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    For me honestly walmart guy section shirts and shorts nothing better to look sexier in! Why buy expensive clothes to sweat in when your there to workout?? I mean I see plenty of women wear expensive stuff and loads of makeup by the end of it there makeup is smeared and i cant help but giggle. All in all sum loose guy clothes is the most comfortable for working out if you ask me! =)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

It's a personal choice.
    If a lady has worked hard and has the body to pull it off, go for it :drinker:

Most would just look absurd wearing such outfits; they were made to compliment a nice body, and one of the benefits of having it is flaunting it.

ENJOY!

i probably fall into the absurd category now.:laugh:

but honestly i find the "sexy" compression gear is essential to my weight lifting. I work close to my maximum so the snugginess of the clothes helps with my form and also helps with recovery. i suppose it's related to why competitive power lifters need to wear those extra tight singlets .

now that i've lost a bit of weight and my compression stuff is less compressive, i'm definitely feeling DOMS more than I did than when I first started cramming myself into those things.
    I swore I'd never wear biking shorts, and guess what?
    I bike a lot, and they have a practical application beyond exposing a guy's circumcision to the public.
    Again, it's a personal choice, but it's nice to look good, feel great and live a wonderful, healthy life.
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    For me honestly walmart guy section shirts and shorts nothing better to look sexier in! Why buy expensive clothes to sweat in when your there to workout?? I mean I see plenty of women wear expensive stuff and loads of makeup by the end of it there makeup is smeared and i cant help but giggle. All in all sum loose guy clothes is the most comfortable for working out if you ask me! =)
    I prefer some guys clothes too actually . I can not find long compression shorts in the women's section ...they only had these microscopic 2.5 inseam ones LOL...so had to get guys on my last trip to a pricey trip to ****'s sporting goods
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OP, I have found some cute things at Target, Old Navy, Kohls, and actually Walmart, believe it or not. Victoria's Secret has some nice things too, but they can be a bit pricey if they aren't on sale.

I workout at home, but I don't want to look like a disgusting slob while I do it. Just because you want to wear cute, sexy workout clothes doesn't mean you are any less focused or serious about your workout.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options

*sigh* some guys will never understand

That's great that this guy can run around in t-shirts, shorts and unmatching socks...guys can go spend $5 for a pack of tighty-whiteys at walmart and keep their parts secure.

When I started working out, I probably wore some of the same outfits this guy did, because I wasn't moving fast or doing anything high impact and sure wasn't sweating like I do now.

After losing weight, getting stronger AND faster...athletic apparel is so important.

I'd NEVER bike without a good pair of biking shorts (up to $90) and I have awesome socks (at $10/pair were worth every penny).

After training for a half marathon, I needed upper support AND moisture wicking material as I was running for 60-150 minutes at a time...needed to find the right tops also that didn't cause me to chafe (in addition to an investment in body glide)

As far as recommendations: if you're anywhere near an outlet mall, go there...I have found great deals on UnderArmor, Nike and Adidas. Kohls, Old Navy, Target, TJ Maxx and ROSS have also rounded out my wardrobe.

Keep an eye out for off season stuff...it is really easy for me to go home to MN in September when all their summer stuff is on sale, and head back to GA where I still have MONTHS to wear hot weather gear!

Good luck and happy shopping!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are Hard Tail, Alo, Pink Lotus.. If you have a Nordstrom near you they'll have marked down the spring/summer collections for their anniversary sale, usually 30 to 50% off to start.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of shopping around, target has some stuff every now and then believe it or not, if you have an outlet mall under armour and nike usually have stuff on sale, I was able to get sports bras 3 for 25 at the under armour outlet. I basically just check out the workout section in every store I'm in to see if they have anything.

I tend to notice if I like what i'm wearing to workout and feel attractive in it I workout harder. As for makeup, I go straight after work to the gym, so therefore I have makeup on and my hair is done nicely, because it was for work. I hate when people say they don't understand why girls have makeup on at the gym and all this other stuff, I just don't see the point of going home to wash my face, etc when I can just go and workout. Granted I don't wear a lot of makeup in general unless I'm going out on the weekends. I have the goal of feeling comfortable enough/look good enough with my body to workout in a sports bra and a pair of shorts. I have certain stuff i like to wear depending on the workout and very rarely do I do well in loose baggy stuff, it just makes me really hot and gets in the way more than anything.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i workout at home as well, and i always like to look nice while i do!!! & i absolutely DO NOT spend a lot of money on workout clothes... i get the majority of my stuff from walmart... some from target & forever 21... but i :heart: walmart's sweats & sports bras!! the one i'm wearing in my profile pic was $2.96 :drinker:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If the lady wanna look while working out at home w/ her husband then there is nothing wrong w/ that.

women like to feel beautiful no matter what...plus again she's at HOME.

Hell, if i was her husband Lord knows I wouldn't mind at all.

She asked for suggestions for clothes not other peoples opinions about the clothes.

Sweetheart if u wanna look good by all means look good especially if its for your husband.

loove this!