Avocado, what do I do with it?

Options

Replies

• QuirkyPanda
    QuirkyPanda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I make my own avocado concoction that my hubby dubbed "guacasalsa" -- put half an avocado in a bowl, cover with salsa, and mash to your heart's content. I eat it with tortilla chips or just by itself with a spoon. Mmmmmmm... Now I want some! I also love avos plain with some salt and pepper, in guacamole, or on sandwiches instead of sauce like mayo. Avocados are the best! <3
  • onecutey
    onecutey Posts: 14
    Options
    Cut out the pit, fill the hole with crab. also good in mango salsa.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half and remove the pit. Put the halves into a bowl, lightly salt it, and eat that mofo with a fork.

^^^This^^^ I would even omit the salt :bigsmile:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some yummy ideas!

I like to mash an avocado with lime juice and tabasco sauce and use it instead of mayo with mashed eggs. That's what I'm having with my lunch tomorrow.

For dinner tomorrow I'm going to mix it with a tin of tuna.

Hmmm I lurrrrve avocado.
  • ladygrannynine
    Options
    Eat it for a snack...cut it in half, remove the seed and eat right out of the shell with a spoon. I add a tiny bit of sea salt...It is an acquired taste, but a great food source.

You can also mash with a little plain yogurt and use for a dressing on your salads,

And there is always mashing, add a dash of salt, a small amount of cilantro, a little diced onion, and diced tomatoes and a juice of 1/2 lime. Eat with tortilla chips for a snack, but watch the number of chips you eat. Make sure they are baked and not fried and eat only the recommended serving.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    honestly, i try to like it, but i like it better when it is served to me and i don't have to prepare it

i find that i often eat them too ripe

but you can put them in salad

or make a nice guacamole

or on a sandwhich...with egg it is good
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Eat it for a snack...cut it in half, remove the seed and eat right out of the shell with a spoon. I add a tiny bit of sea salt...It is an acquired taste, but a great food source.

You can also mash with a little plain yogurt and use for a dressing on your salads,

And there is always mashing, add a dash of salt, a small amount of cilantro, a little diced onion, and diced tomatoes and a juice of 1/2 lime. Eat with tortilla chips for a snack, but watch the number of chips you eat. Make sure they are baked and not fried and eat only the recommended serving.

You can also eat it with Crispy Romaine Lettuce Leaves instead of chips :):)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    raw everytime.

i mix it with a lil greek yogurt n a couple of boiled eggs to make a lower cal version of egg salad sometimes. :3

put it in salsa, salads. on sandwiches and wraps. you can make dressings with it. you can crack an egg inside, add some salt/pepper and bake it.
  • ctoth767838
    ctoth767838 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE avocados! Of course guacomole, but I also found a avocado soup recipe I am going to try soon. And then for salads or alone you just cut it into little cubes and add a little pepper and if you want salt. Delicious.
  • mimieob
    mimieob Posts: 54
    Options
    bump...every suggestion sounds so yummy
  • Ssicaaa
    Ssicaaa Posts: 15
    Options
    I put it in scrambled eggs. After the eggs are browned, I put in a cut up avocado, scramble it and brown it.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE avocados! Of course guacomole, but I also found a avocado soup recipe I am going to try soon. And then for salads or alone you just cut it into little cubes and add a little pepper and if you want salt. Delicious.

Soups!! You just reminded me.... cut it up into black bean soup... delicious~
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    avocado is awesome, try it in a BLT! soooooo goooood!
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving. :)

I spread it on bread instead of mayo in sandwiches.
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Avocado...YUM. I really like to slice it in half, remove the pit, cut shallow lines in each half, squeeze lime juice all over it, sprinkle it with parmesan cheese and put it under the broiler until the cheese has browned. Such a creamy and delicious side for any meal!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I mean, eat it, obviously. But I've never had one before. Do I eat it raw? Steam it? I keep reading how people love them. How do you eat yours?

With a spoon, of course. Cut it in half. Remove the seed. Sprinkle salt. Start taking bites.

BTW to remove the seed, whack it with a knife and twist - seed pops right out.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Cut it into chunks and toss with a little feta cheese, diced tomatoes, diced purple onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, S&P....delicious! I had it for breakfast this morning with a hard-boiled egg!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat them raw mmmm or in tortillas or with egg salad in a tortilla, on tacos, in salads..also, if you want to get really CREATIVE. Make this for when your craving chocolate!

CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE:
    1 full ripe avocado
    1 table spoon vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder (optional)
    1 table spoon chocolate syup I use dark chocolate sugar free or cocoa powder
    mix and mash it all up mix it good and put it in the fridge for about an hour. mix it up again before you eat it and you would NEVER know it had avocado in it as you cant taste it and its healthy for you. :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    You name it I eat it with avocado. On a sammy, in salad, on w/ tuna, salmon, plain....ect.
    I <3 cut it in half, remove the pit crack and egg in the pit hole and bake (in a dish) for 20ish min. pepper, chipotle pepper, and yum-o! The real question is what CAN'T you do with avocado ;)