What time do you have your 1st and last meal of the day

Options
The title says it all really. But does it matter when you do? We get up around 930am at the moment (have 2 young children so i am sure this will change), i am normally eating breakfast by 10am then we have dinner at 530pm and i sometimes have a snack at 730pm. We go bed around 10/11pm. Just wondering about everyone else? And does it make a difference to your weightloss

Replies

• littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I normally have breakfast between 8-9 am and then my last meal would be 7pm.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat until noon at the earliest, sometimes 2-3pm. I am awake at 630am on average. I eat until I run out of calories, consuming most of them later in the evening. I like to go to bed full.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have my breakfast around 730am and my dinner is usually around 530pm. I dont generally eat in the evening but if i do not past 8pm. :smile:
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a banana at 4:30 AM and a hand full of chocolate chips at nigth at about 10 PM.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Around 9-10am for the first, 8-10pm for the last.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like to skip breakfast (just coffee) to make it easier to stay under my calorie goal. Sometimes I eat a snack around 10, sometimes I don't eat until lunch at 11:30 or 12.

No. Mean timing/frequency does not matter.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I get up at 8, I eat breakfast around 11, lunch around 1-2, snack around 5, dinner around 7, another little snack around 8, then I go to bed at 11.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    To answer your post question first: No, it doesn't matter when you eat.

I generally eat as soon as I get up. On non-bicycle-commute days, that means brekkies at 6:45 or so (oatmeal, egg). On cycle-commute days, it's a slice of bread and a glass of water before I set out at 6:30, then a large helping of refrigerator oatmeal when I arrive at work around 8.

My last food of the day is usually a light snack or dessert around 8-9PM.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i just changed my schedule! i want to eat alot after my kids go to bed....bad choices. so now i am going to start at 11 ish and eat dinner around 8 to prevent me from grabbing just anything when i have time to myself! hope this works !
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I like to skip breakfast (just coffee) to make it easier to stay under my calorie goal. Sometimes I eat a snack around 10, sometimes I don't eat until lunch at 11:30 or 12.

No. Mean timing/frequency does not matter.
    Me too. I eat my small breakfast around 11 and I still lose weight. I don't feel that I need to eat the moment I wake up.
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    on work days -
    Breakfast between 730 & 830a
    Dinner between 8 & 9p
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I fast from 9pm to 1pm. I just recently started Intermittment fasting and love it very much! I found that I would eat great that morning but came time afternoon I would snack on everything. But for some reason eating only from 1pm to 9pm helps me to control then snacking and I eat a more balanced meal. besides I usual have my dinner around 5:30-6 and feel full until the next day.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Usually have my oatmeal and 2 hard boiled eggs (whites only) at 9am

Dinner around 8:30pm after I work out
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wake at 6.30am, first meal is at 3pm and last meal at 9pm
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:30a. Breakfast at 9ish. Dinner anywhere from 7p-9p. Bed at 11p or 12p.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Up at 6, Breakfast at 7. Last meal at about 6 pm
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    First meal is at 6.30am, last at 11.30pm (snack), I eat all day long.

I don't know if it matters when you eat, I think your metabolism is what it is and I don't know how much it can really be changed. I have a very fast metabolism, I eat small meals and snacks all the time, I'm hungry almost all the time but get full quickly, so I eat for my entire waking time, 3 main meals and an abundance of snacks, and I eat a lot in the evening, probably at least 1/4-1/3 of my daily cal intake between 7-12pm. I have always been this way.
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    Breakfast at 7.30 am and dinner which is my last meal at 7pm ish.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast between 7:00-7:30 on work days and maybe a little earlier or later depending on my schedule. I work between 9-5 on M-F. If I go to the gym after that, I'm usually not home until 6:30 or so. There's nights when I eat dinner at 7 or 8.. sometimes 9pm. As long as you don't binge and go way over your daily calorie limit, it doesn't matter what time of day you consume your calories.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 7:30 and usually have breakfast at 9. I go to bed around 11 or 12 and usually have a snack around 9