What time do you have your 1st and last meal of the day

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Around 8am for my first. 7pm or later for dinner.
  • i generally eat all my meals within a 2 hour window, 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    I work an evening shift, so breakfast is usually around 10 AM, a light lunch at 1:00PM, a snack of fruit or vegetables at 5PM, and dinner is around 8:30-9PM.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    I wake up at 7:30 and have breakfast at 8:30.
    Dinner is usually between 7 and 8 pm.
    I drink a full cup of milk before bed, around 11:30.

I don't think that the timing of my meals has made a difference - I've found this weight loss plan to be very manageable and effective so far.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Breakfast about 6am. Up at 4:30
    Lunch at noon.
    Dinner varies widely, anywhere from 6-8pm and I need to change this.

I'm trying to eat when hungry (a new concept for me, usually I eat when bored) and since I started MFP I'm rarely hungry.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    I am up at 5:30am 3 days a week and about 7am every other day. I eat my first meal at about 1pm and my last around 9pm.

and can I say how pleasantly shocked I am that in 3 pages of comments in this thread no one has said anything about breakfast starting your metabolism or your body starving :)
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    I was having scheduled mealtimes, however now I just eat when I'm hungry. I do try not to eat too late. More natural if you listen to your body I think. It's whatever suits you, in my opinion.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Breakfast is 7:30 am and i am always hungry for breakfast. Dinner is generally between 5 and 7 pm depends on the day.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    At the current time, I wake up around 9 - 10am as I am on holidays and have breakfast between there.
    If I go to uni I wake up at 6.15am, breakfast by 6.30 to get to the bus by 7am.

My last meal of the day varies, but if its just a normal day at home its around 7pm. If I feel like dessert I have it between 8 - 9pm.
    If I am at my fiances its usually earlier than 7pm.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Nope, doesn't matter. Do what works for your body and your lifestyle.

I usually have my first snack (fruit and coffee) around 6am with my husband before he goes to work. Then I'll go for a run, have breakfast and get on with my day.

Dinner is usually anywhere from 6.30 - 8.30 pm and most of the time I don't eat after dinner. Not because I'm "not allowed to" but because I'm full and/or have used up all my calories for the day. If I'm still hungry after dinner I'll have some almonds or an apple. Or chocolate if I have it at home - which is not very often because my husband doesn't eat it and I don't need it.

Weekends, we eat when we feel like it - often brunch and a small afternoon snack and a bigger dinner.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    During the work week I'm up at 5:30am and typically eat breakfast about 8am. Dinner is anywhere from 7pm to 9pm, and I don't see how it matters what time you eat dinner as long as you don't fall asleep in your soup.

During the weekend I still end up being up by 8am since my dog will get me up no later than 6:30 and it's hard for me to get back to sleep for long. I'll eat anywhere from 8:30 to 10:30am. If I eat breakfast late like that I often times skip lunch or have a small snack. Dinner is again later in the day.

I'm rarely in bed before 11pm, and often closer to midnight. I don't sleep enough and I know it. Coffee helps.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Breakfast is usually around 8 and my dinner is usually around 9-10. I stay up late, which I probably don't need to do. I don't think it particularly matters what time you have your meals.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    brecky at about 7.00 am and dinner about 4..30 pm and a fgew hot drinks to keep me going after that! :bigsmile:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    I get up at 2pm eat 1st meal about 3pm
    2nd meal about 8-9pm
    snack around 12-1am
    last meal no later than 4am
    sometimes a snack somewhere between the beginning and 5:30am.

Then bed no later than 8am but usually between 6-7am.
  • I eat all my meals later personally so I am not starving later on in the day. I eat Breakfast around 10 am-11am. I eat lunch around 2-3p.m and eat dinner around 8pm and go to bed around 10pm. I also make sure to drink plenty of water a day 8-10 glasses which helps me stay full. If my hunger overtakes me I steam some vegetables as snacks.
  • I get up around 7am,but wait to eat breakfast until around 10 am,lunch at 1pm,and dinner at around 5,and my daily treat of a low Cal hot chocolate and a few squares of dark chocolate at around 6pm,then I'm done for the day.
    I don't really struggle with snacking at night which is a blessing so I find this works for me. I also think that having all my meals in a relatively short time period means i'm not really hungry as much.
    now I think about it,it kinda reminds me of intermittent fasting,but that wasn't the intention,its just what works for me :-)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    It makes absolutely no difference to your weightloss when you eat your meals. It's about what, and of course *how much*, you eat not when. People who swear they gain because they eat late at night need to look carefully at what that late night snacking entails. (Usually high calorie items, and often placing them over a reasonable calorie intake.) And no, breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.

My routine varies wildly. I usually have breakfast on waking, but some days don't feel like eating till about noon. I'll typically have a snack after my evening meal. My evening meal tends to be at either around 6, or around 8 / 9 pm, depending on what's happening with my daughter.

I eat when I'm hungry. This seems a sensible long term strategy to me.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    I have 4 portioned meals a day. Smoothie at around 6.30am; Breakfast around 9.30am; Lunch around 12.30pm and Dinner at about 5.30pm. If i'm hungry between lunch and dinner i'll snack on fruit. Don't like to eat after 7pm otherwise feel uncomfortable in bed.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    3:30pm- Wake Up
    4:00pm- Meal 1(high protein sufficient carb meal)
    7:00pm- Meal 2 (after workout snack / shake)
    10:00pm- Meal 3 (high protein -lean meat- meal)
    1:00am- Meal 4 (snack)
    4:00am- Meal 5(high protein -lean meat- meal)
    6/7:00am- Meal 6 (protein powder/water)
    7:30-8am- Sleep
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    I usually get up at around 8am (when I'm working I get up at 5am), and then I feed all the animals on the farm and have my breakfast between 9am and 10am. I'll have a snack at around 11ish, and then lunch between 12 and 1pm. Dinner is around 6 and then I usually have something to eat at night at around 7:30 - 8pm.