Heart Rate Monitor Watches

2»

Replies

• leshik21
    leshik21 Posts: 31 Member
    The F6 has the hard plastic strap. The F11 has the (changeable battery) softer fabric strap. The F11 also has a few more features like Keep-U-Fit programs and Fitness Test along with a few others. The F6 is a very good watch and good value for your money.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    besides the battery, and yes, F6 does have a chest strap, I have one. The big difference is that the F11 has a Keeps-you-fit exercise program that the F6 doesn't, and OwnIndex that tracks improvements. Other then that I think they are pretty similar (battery replacement on the strap not withstanding). I would absolutely recommend either one. cours the F6 is about 60 bucks cheaper than the F11
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    The F11 comes with the better strap that you can replace the battery yourself. And, if does count calories however you would like. If you leave it on all day, it will keep a running cal burn rate based on age, sex, weight, heart rate, etc.

I think it has everything you are looking for.

Thankyou! Now, I must have one. :wink:
  • leshik21
    leshik21 Posts: 31 Member
    Best of Luck! By the way, the Fitness test is a good way to periodically see if your fitness leve is getting better or worse. Nice tool to use every month or so.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    I hate my budget. :laugh: I have a $35 HRM - I was hoping someone knew how to calculate just from hr. Maybe it's best not to know.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/category-basic-plus.html

A good site to compare the different Polar models. Like others said, the F11 has the Fitness Test, Keep U Fit, comfortable transmitter with replaceable battery and personal targets for the exercise diary. Otherwise same as F6.

I have decided to go with the F11 for the Fitness Test, but I love the green F6..:cry:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/category-basic-plus.html

A good site to compare the different Polar models. Like others said, the F11 has the Fitness Test, Keep U Fit, comfortable transmitter with replaceable battery and personal targets for the exercise diary. Otherwise same as F6.

I have decided to go with the F11 for the Fitness Test, but I love the green F6..:cry:

That's exactly what I was looking for - thank you.
  • I think the F6 doesn't have a chest strap. (but I'm not sure. . .)

the F6 DOES has a chest strap. and i think that the chest strap makes a big difference.
This discussion has been closed.