Foods that you have a particular way of eating...

Options

Replies

• Alphawolf02
    Options
    I like out as much ice cream as I can from an ice cream sandwich, and then try and pull the cookie part apart like an Oreo so I can eat that last.

If peas or corn are on the same plate as mashed potatoes, they must be mixed.

Rye chips get eaten fist in Chex mix.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Twix.....I eat the chocolate and caramel..and I save the cookie for last.
    Apples....I eat the skin from around the apple first..and leave the flesh for last.
    Sunflower seeds in shell.....I suck the salt off the shell..and throw the remains away.
    Bananas.....don't ask.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has sorted by color my whole life!

For anything multicolored, I eat all of my least favorite color first: m&m's (brown first, blue last) skittles (yellow first, green last) Terra chips (white spotted first, beet red last).

If I am eating a meal with more than one component (e.g. steak and salad), I have to finish one before I start the other, whichever one I start eating first.

I eat "handful foods" one at a time: jelly beans, popcorn, berries, nuts etc. Anything normal people eat a handful of. I also have to suck or bite the shell off first.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You know the ice cream drumsticks? I always eat the chocolate/peanut coating off the ice cream first before actually eating the ice cream XD.

I don't really like eating pancakes unless it has an egg on top, (unless it's a savory pancake.)

For a sandwich, I always eat all sides of the crust and saving the middle, (and best bite,) for last.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have to eat Skittles the same way! Even them out and then eat in order of least favourite to favourite until they are all done.
    Ummm for veggie burgers (and sandwiches and stuff), I eat all around the outside and then the middle.
    Pizza - I bite the tip (BEST PART!), then the crust (worst part), then eat the rest of the middle.

I haev a certain way of eating EVERY food LOL
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Always used to dip fries in Frosty's....the best.

I peel a grapefruit and peel each slice individually and only eat the pulp.

Ice cream has to be soft and runny and able to stir it up with a spoon, not hard.

Ice cream, also, needs cereal stirred in once it is soft....corn flakes and ice cream!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I eat the crust of my pizza first.

When I was younger I would make my ice cream "soupy" and eat it when it was basically melted. My mother always added milk to her ice cream so that's probably why I liked it like that.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I dont like my food to touch ever - wont eat what has touched - I know weird
    I seperate out colors of items like skittles, M&M, etc.... and eat each color by itself before starting a new color - never thought about it till someone pointed it out at work :)
    I only eat my hot foods hot I dont like lukewarm food either :)
    I like ranch on Cheese-its
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    When I eat pickles, I gnaw them first to loosen all the seeds completely. Then I bite the end and suck out the juice and seeds, then I eat the membrane inside, followed by the skin. I've been known to hold the last bite of skin in my mouth and suck it like a hard candy as well.

I feel so pervy explaining this in detail, haha! Guess this explains why I had so much attention in high school when I'd take an hour to eat a single Boar's Head Dill.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I don't really have weird ways of eating food...but I'll share something my son does that grosses me out to no end...he likes to dip his chicken nuggets in one of the following: applesauce (which isn't overly horrid); pudding (:sick:) or a Frosty from Wendy's...

My boyfriend's daughter does this. She had me try it and it actually tastes pretty good.

I'm so glad he's not alone, LOL! I honestly don't care HOW he eats stuff; as long as he eats it. He's WAY more picky than I am & I didn't think that was possible.
    I usually do my french fries in icecream.. Something about the sweet and salty, but I loved it.
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chicken nuggets (only from McDonalds): I like to eat the skin first then the inside.

I can only drink juice in the morning.

I can not drink alcohol and eat at the same time. All alcohol must be consumed before I eat any food or I need to eat all my food before I drink alcohol.

Same with me about the chicken nuggets! I HAVE to bite off all the sides first then the remaining two larger sides and then the chicken. :s

Also, a burger. I have to eat it one layer at a time. My food can't touch on my plate unless it's already a cooked dish like a casserole, etc. Cadbury Carmello(God, I haven't had one in forever! WILLPOWER!!) has to have all the caramel squeezed out and eaten before the chocolate can be consumed. LOL
  • mousellaneous
    mousellaneous Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    10 weird ones for me!!

1. Speaking of egg rolls... mine is I always tear off the "top" (one end of the egg roll), then eat the rest of it even though the "bottom" is the same as the "top".

2. I like hard boiled eggs, but NEVER eat the yolk - I just pinch the halved egg and if cooked perfectly the yolk just falls out in one piece.

3. I love any red and white foods/sauces mixed together ... some of my faves are: mayo and ketchup, tomato sauce and alfredo, sour cream and salsa, tomato meat sauce and ranch dressing (weird I know), mayo and cranberry sauce (whole cranberry only), mayo and Arby's sauce and mild wing sauce with blue cheese dressing.

4. I MUST have a pickle with a grilled cheese sandwich, and dip the sandwich in ketchup, and take it all in one bite!

5. I like to put lays potato chips (BBQ flavour) on my tuna salad sandwiches.

6. I remove all the "goo" a.k.a seeds, in a tomato before eating it, even if it's a slice on a sandwich.

7. I like Turkey Stuffing Sandwiches - yes, a.k.a. bread stuffing between two pieces of bread!

8. Celery stuffed with Imperial cheese is one of my fave healthy-ish snacks!

9. I absolutely 100% refuse to eat the larger grapes with seeds in them (takes too much time to take them out or spit them out) but I will gladly spend time cracking open crab legs for an hour!

10. I won't eat radishes without Catalina dressing on them.

P.S. My sister used to dip Nacho Doritos in her glass of iced tea.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat gigantic muffins for breakfast at least twice a week from my favorite coffee shops/bakeries. I enjoy pulling them apart, piece by piece and eating them slowly. I know this isn't original, but I love the process. I don't want to pick it up and eat it like an apple. I love savoring it, and I love my breakfasts! :)
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    I need color in my food. Cannot eat a turkey sandwich with white cheese & white bread. ALWAYS has to be cheddar. All white food makes me uncomfortable. :noway:
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I eat gigantic muffins for breakfast at least twice a week from my favorite coffee shops/bakeries. I enjoy pulling them apart, piece by piece and eating them slowly. I know this isn't original, but I love the process. I don't want to pick it up and eat it like an apple. I love savoring it, and I love my breakfasts! :)

I was thinking of one and this has got to be mine.. muffins i have to pick them apart
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I can only eat spaghetti with the sauce on the side, and eating it only with my fingers, picking up pieces, twisting them into little bow looking things, then dipping it in the sauce and eating it. If I see spaghetti with sauce on it, it makes me nauseous. Weirdest ****ing thing ever, I know.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating a pizza I take all the toppings off and put them into piles of whats on it then I eat the slice but put the crust in another pile. When I'm done with the slices I'll then put some toppings on the crust....

If I eat chips I fold them, eat the middle then put the tips into what ever they came in. Then I eat the ends after all of that... I generally like to throw them into my mouth or throw them at my bf.

It takes me a very long time to eat lol
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    - I like raw hot dogs.

i always take a bite out of the hot dog before i cook it.
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I separate skittles by their colors and eat each pile separately.
    I suck the sour off the sour patch kids first then eat them
    I suck the outside off the Sweedish Fish first then put them in my cheek until they get melty and chew them
    I bite the chocolate off my protein bars first and then eat them
    I suck the salt off my cashews first then eat....
    I guess I suck a lot of stuff...lol!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat bananas slice by slice, off the knife.

Every time I order a sandwich/burger that comes on a bun, I tear off most of the bread in chunks and leave it. There's always way too much bread... I only require enough to actually hold the sandwich.

Sometimes I eat only a bite of every french fry, throwing the half-eatens back on the plate.

Mexican Entree Rule for Dipping : sour cream in the salsa, NO salsa in the sour cream. Ever.